Singleplayer fans, need your help

Voidstar

After the dissapointment with ark official, I want to go back to single player. I need some help configuring some stuff.

For example, I want to have dinos spawning up to lvl 150 and if possible, just like on official [lvl 15 smallest, 20, 25 etc , so no unrounded numbers like 13 27 34 etc.]

If I set difficulty to 5 [like official], do the bosses also get as hard as on official? Can I set the dino levels to max 150, but keep the bosses as in single player? how?

If I host my single player save as non dedicated, do the settings still remain the same, as configured by myself?

Also how can I do these things on old single player saves, which started with 0.2 or 1.0 difficulty?

ty in advance

In order to achieve a max Wild Dino Level of 150, go into your game folder,

(For me it is: D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\) open the file titled "WindowsNoEditor" and under [Server Settings] place this line: OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

To get it to take a effect on old saves simply open the console and type in: "destroywilddinos"

Setting the difficulty level on 5 significantly empowers all boss monsters, but not nearly to the degree that Officials have it. It is still possible to beat all three bosses on all three difficulties, but it'll take a lot of breeding to get the necessary power level. I recommend playing with Singleplayer Settings checked.

59 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

i recommend otherwise. Singleplayer Settings checkbox makes tamed dinos way too overpowered.

I understand the sentiment, but ultimately the game isn't about fighting wild dinos, it's about the end game, and to tackle endgame on difficulty 5 you just about need SP Settings.

8 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

I understand the sentiment, but ultimately the game isn't about fighting wild dinos, it's about the end game, and to tackle endgame on difficulty 5 you just about need SP Settings.

100k HP, 2k% damage rexes are not fun, imo.

Also survival games ARE about the process of getting to your goal, not about goal itself. If you are enjoying the process - the game will be fun, if you rush to the end - the game will probably feel like its too much grind and a time waste.

Its a matter of mindset, i guess.

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

100k HP, 2k% damage rexes are not fun, imo.

Also survival games ARE about the process of getting to your goal, not about goal itself. If you are enjoying the process - the game will be fun, if you rush to the end - the game will probably feel like its too much grind and a time waste.

Its a matter of mindset, i guess.

The best I've ever gotten was 50K HP with about 1k% damage. I also never took them out to fight wilds, their purpose was to fight bosses, and for that purpose they were neither over nor under powered. I lost five of them when I fought the Alpha Dragon.

34 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

(For me it is: D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\) open the file titled "WindowsNoEditor" and under [Server Settings] place this line: OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0

To get it to take a effect on old saves simply open the console and type in: "destroywilddinos"

Setting the difficulty level on 5 significantly empowers all boss monsters, but not nearly to the degree that Officials have it. It is still possible to beat all three bosses on all three difficulties, but it'll take a lot of breeding to get the necessary power level. I recommend playing with Singleplayer Settings checked.

Not really necessary there is a checkbox in advanced settings I believe that is called "Max Dino level" and it will set Dinos to 150 on every map.

Just now, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Not really necessary there is a checkbox in advanced settings I believe that is called "Max Dino level" and it will set Dinos to 150 on every map.

i believe its called "max difficulty" but tooltip for it explains that it will spawn dinos up to level 150. "difficulty" slider should also be set to 1.0 (default is 0.2)

53 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

what if we set back the diff to 1 when going to the bosses?

also where the hell is that single player setting

1 hour ago, Voidstar said:

what if we set back the diff to 1 when going to the bosses?

also where the hell is that single player setting

That would have a significant effect. But I am not certain how much. And plus whatever dinos happen to spawn while you're doing your boss battles would then have level increments of 4 instead of 5.

Archived