My Technical Server Issues (simple, please help)

ExpiredSession

So i just recently opened a non dedicated session for me and my friends to play. All of my friends can simply join my server except one of my friends that every time he joins the server he disconnects about 3-5 minutes after he joined leaving no message or error note , just sending him to the main screen . he tried verifying the game files, restarting the internet, uninstall and reinstall (he prayed too XD) .  Whenever he tries to join through steam without opening the game , steam leaves a weird message posted below. I would appreciate any form of help, thanks in advance! unknown.png

Well first, non dedicated is not a server and isn't designed to run like one.

Non dedicated is meant for a couple people to play in the same house on the same internet connection. Like a LAN party.

If you want several people playing together you need a proper server.

The problem could be his internet, yours, the amount of people connecting, or the fact that you're trying to use a screwdriver like a hammer so to speak.

It's impossible to tell without detailed testing of both computers, router, both internet connections etc.

I'd suggest renting a server if you want to host multiplayer.

Sorry, I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the correct one.

Archived