Let's talk about Giga again

iStephano

Ok, I know this has been talked about in the past but this is turning into a real problem now.

I was away from the game for 4 days and my Giga starved to death..

This need to change, me and other players do have a life outside this game. I need to be able to be away from the game sometimes do to work, vacation something, and not worry about my Giga starving to death. They loose food to quick and it's getting really pain in the arse.

So please, change it so they do not consume this much food for the health of the players.

@Jen @Jat 

Well, if you're going to go be away from the game on an non single player server for 4 days, what do you expect to happen honestly? Best suggestion I have for you is to mass produce jerky and leave it in troughs. ALTHOUGH! it would be pretty awesome if they would make like a refrigerated trough so that the food lasts longer. Could be a good fix for you without reducing the food. I happen to like their quick consumption as it's more (I don't want to say "realistic" but I can't think of a better word). If you ARE playing on non official or single player though, you could also just turn the dino food consumption off in the settings while you're gone. 

5 minutes ago, iStephano said:

Ok, I know this has been talked about in the past but this is turning into a real problem now.

I was away from the game for 4 days and my Giga starved to death..

This need to change, me and other players do have a life outside this game. I need to be able to be away from the game sometimes do to work, vacation something, and not worry about my Giga starving to death. They loose food to quick and it's getting really pain in the arse.

So please, change it so they do not consume this much food for the health of the players.

@Jen @Jat 

Sorry forgot to quote you on the above reply. 

On 2.9.2017 at 4:13 AM, iStephano said:

I know what you mean and I forgot to add I play on official server, I like playing on official server and be "social". Singleplayer is not for me with this game.

But yea, I should maybe add tek feeding thr. But I think that's a little to much just for not being able to play for 4 days.

a full feeding through with 10 dinos took 3 days max too get empty and starving dinos half way. 4 days u gotta be early too feed.5 days they deff0 dead. thats why we had 5-10 troughs filled all the time.

I do have sympathy for this, I do (especially as PvE is a game mode that you can play solo) - despite what I'm about to say.

This game is ultimately geared toward tribe-based gameplay. You should be able to overcome most of these situations with a couple of people in a tribe.

There's always single player (or 'tweaked' unofficials) otherwise.

56 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

I don't know. It belongs to my tribemate and after my first Giga accident (fell off a "cliff" that was about 1 wall high) I never wanna touch one again! :D 

Are you sure its not a Mod that is misreading info from a dino? Because the number is correct if you add 100% to it that was probably lost or intentionally subtracted in that Mod's calculation for whatever reason.

(100% +15%(wild levels) -80%(posttame add bonus))*(1+6*0.0085) = 36.785% (rounded to 36.8% in dino stats). 36.8%-100%= -63.2% that you see on that modified UI.

#blamepoorlymademodsandnotthegame

1 hour ago, Blaubund said:

This is another instance of the decision-makers really just not understanding that people have lives.  In their defense, I think those who work on video games work VERY hard on a game for years and live inside a bubble and cannot imagine life outside it.

ARK is well-known game for not respecting players time. Bad gameplay design in my opinion. The game is extremely grindy. Usually when game is like that you can tell core gameplay mechanics are lackluster or the game doesn't offer much to do. Grind only create illusion the game is big.

As for Giganotosaurus it shouldn't starve within 4 days. It's unfair owing to the fact you need ridiculous amount of resources to knock one out to begin with (hats off to the player who managed to hit Giga with darts every shot). Minimum should be 7 days of starving.

Archived