Is getting the sarco worth it?

MajorTheRaptor

I'm in the mood to tame a few more dinos for the Dino army. 

My current Dino army is: 2 stegos, 2 Dilos, Carno, Raptor, Pelagornis, pteranodon and an Anky.

is the Sarco any good? And what's the best utility for it? I know In the water it swims faster then a megladon. And taming I'm sure is easy enough as to tranq while on my pela, or Petra and just feed some meat and narcos

I'd say they are worth the train, they are crazy fast on water and not bad on land either. Its a good early lvl water mount for getting pearls or underwater drops that you can keep at you base rather then needing to leave them in the water. They are decent at killing sharks too. Just keep in mind they dont fit through normal dino gates and need a B.Gate. 

bad for combat but they are exceptional for hitting sea caves to get pearls. I prefer sarcos and frogs for early pearl gathering because unlike itchys and sharks they arnt left vulerable to eels while im off picking up pearls, just pop out of the water park them on dry land in the cave, pick the place clean of pearls, oil and if so desired crystal. Only thing you need to watch out for is not noticing eels, keeping a eye open for alpha sharks, and accidentally plowing into a tuso.

29 minutes ago, Dracul said:

bad for combat but they are exceptional for hitting sea caves to get pearls. I prefer sarcos and frogs for early pearl gathering because unlike itchys and sharks they arnt left vulerable to eels while im off picking up pearls, just pop out of the water park them on dry land in the cave, pick the place clean of pearls, oil and if so desired crystal. Only thing you need to watch out for is not noticing eels, keeping a eye open for alpha sharks, and accidentally plowing into a tuso.

Luckily for console players such as myself alpha sharks ain't a thing, not sure on eels though. And that's true, it's safer on land where other sharks and beasties can get to your dinos. 

i wouldn't waste time on it unless you're just absolutely rolling in resources. A Basilosaurus is slower but also more durable, and it'll serve you well when you start thinking about the underwater caves. At least until you get a Mosa or Tuso, the Basilo is by far the best water mount

If you're looking to just get cannon fodder for a generic army, then go for the Kapro or Bary for amphibious tames, or Direwolf for land tames. Each is pretty cheap, and the latter two especially are pretty powerful.

Archived