Legacy servers with new DLCs

Castillo

Hello,

I would like some official answer about legacy servers for the new upcoming DLCs, I play on a legacy PVE server and I don't want to start all over on a new cluster just to play the DLC, and if I remember correctly, they said we would get all the content the new cluster gets, but not sure if it applies to them adding legacy servers for new DLCs.

If someone has any info about this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Yes, they've said that the legacy cluster will get all the new DLC and game features - that is the official word. However, they also said they were wiping ~10% of legacy servers at near 0 population, instead they wiped ~30% and took away support ticket coverage.

So, take them at their word, or don't. They're not really breaking it if there are no legacy servers left by the time the DLC drops. Personally, I'd make the jump now to avoid any more lost time, but again your call.

Edit: I'm using the term "lost time" very loosely. If you enjoyed playing (and if you didn't why would you) it's not really lost time.

I play on Legacy Official Primitive PVE.  We no longer have a Scorched Earth server on our official cluster.  I am in serious doubt they will give us a Abberation server in this cluster when we spent money on Scorched Earth and we don't have access to it.  It appears this corporation takes our money then denies us access to content for which we paid access.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:11 PM, dv8ndie said:

I play on Legacy Official Primitive PVE.  We no longer have a Scorched Earth server on our official cluster.  I am in serious doubt they will give us a Abberation server in this cluster when we spent money on Scorched Earth and we don't have access to it.  It appears this corporation takes our money then denies us access to content for which we paid access.

I wouldn't say they are denying you content.. You are just unhappy with the way they are requiring you to access new content. (understandibly, since I've sure you've put in plenty of time) 

This is what the support told me on the ticket I sent asking about this:

TobidaToday at 14:52

Greetings Fellow Survivor,

Thank you for the time and effort that you have put into reaching out to us here at Studio Wildcard about this issue, and for being such an active member of the community! This is GM Tobida, and I would like to first welcome you to the new adventure! I believe new DLCs will have the servers for legacy servers. Further information will be posted on forums by our development teams :)

Sincerely,

GM Tobida
Studio Wildcard

18 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

I wouldn't say they are denying you content.. You are just unhappy with the way they are requiring you to access new content. (understandibly, since I've sure you've put in plenty of time) 

I am not just unhappy with the restarting of progression to access Abberation, but also and even more so that I had access to Scorched Earth on an official cluster and now I don't because of the shutdown/great migration.  I paid for this Scorched Earth DLC and was in the middle of stealing wyvern eggs and wanted to tame another golem.  I can't access current paid extra content without restarting.

On 9/3/2017 at 4:33 PM, dv8ndie said:

I am not just unhappy with the restarting of progression to access Abberation, but also and even more so that I had access to Scorched Earth on an official cluster and now I don't because of the shutdown/great migration.  I paid for this Scorched Earth DLC and was in the middle of stealing wyvern eggs and wanted to tame another golem.  I can't access current paid extra content without restarting.

I get that..it sucks. However, you CAN access the paid content. 

On 9/1/2017 at 6:49 PM, Arkasaurio said:

Yes, they've said that the legacy cluster will get all the new DLC and game features - that is the official word.

Do you have a source for that?

On 9/3/2017 at 0:58 PM, Castillo said:

This is what the support told me on the ticket I sent asking about this:

"I believe...."  So there is no official word.  I would recommend having it in your head that legacy will not get clustered Aberration servers...and if they do you will be pleasantly surprised.   And if they don't then you won't be disappointed.

3 hours ago, BeardO said:

Do you have a source for that?

"I believe...."  So there is no official word.  I would recommend having it in your head that legacy will not get clustered Aberration servers...and if they do you will be pleasantly surprised.   And if they don't then you won't be disappointed.

Last time I'm quoting the announcement section; this should be common knowledge by now for meaningful discussion on these topics:

This isn't the only, but I think most recent promise by WC that legacy still gets all DLC.

Support staff's word on this means diddly. It's their job to fix issues not comment on the future direction of the company.

However, after all of that, our message is pretty much the same; bail out now if you want to be safe. The official word might be that all DLC and game improvements are coming to legacy, but WC has definitely demonstrated the propensity to change their minds in the past.

1 minute ago, Arkasaurio said:

Last time I'm quoting the announcement section; this should be common knowledge by now for meaningful discussion on these topics:

This isn't the only, but I think most recent promise by WC that legacy still gets all DLC.

Support staff's word on this means diddly. It's their job to fix issues not comment on the future direction of the company.

However, after all of that, our message is pretty much the same; bail out now if you want to be safe. The official word might be that all DLC and game improvements are coming to legacy, but WC has definitely demonstrated the propensity to change their minds in the past.

There is nothing in there that even comes close to saying that there will be Aberration servers clustered with Legacy servers.  If the DLC had been an addition to a map that was already legacy then yes they would get them.  This a new map.  I doubt, just my opinion, they are going to provision new servers for aberration and mark them legacy to cluster.  They can't even seem to get enough new officials stood up and you think they are going to set aside more for legacy?

The only way I see it happening is if they shut down more legacy servers and use them as aberration servers for legacy clusters.  Nothing has been stated by the devs as of yet that I have seen on how they are going to handle this DLC in regards to legacy.

18 minutes ago, BeardO said:

There is nothing in there that even comes close to saying that there will be Aberration servers clustered with Legacy servers.  If the DLC had been an addition to a map that was already legacy then yes they would get them.  This a new map.  I doubt, just my opinion, they are going to provision new servers for aberration and mark them legacy to cluster.  They can't even seem to get enough new officials stood up and you think they are going to set aside more for legacy?

The only way I see it happening is if they shut down more legacy servers and use them as aberration servers for legacy clusters.  Nothing has been stated by the devs as of yet that I have seen on how they are going to handle this DLC in regards to legacy.

"Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will." You know content, the C in DLC, that's as a plain as day to me.

• Volunteer Moderator

Legacy servers will be getting the same content as the new servers, this includes future DLCs. It has been stated many times. If you wish to take Wildcard's word with a pinch of salt that is fine and understandable, but the fact is they have said legacy will get all future content.

1 minute ago, Arkasaurio said:

"Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will." You know content, the C in DLC, that's as a plain as day to me.

Two things....

Yeah I'm sure the servers will get the content, much like the island map has all the content of scorched earth.  You of course have to bring the things over from scorched to play them on the island, but all the content is there in the files otherwise you wouldn't be able to.  That doesn't mean new servers will be bought up in the legacy clusters.

Second, I read that more like the phoenix will be available on legacy, not new dlc.  Maybe I'm right, maybe you are, I guess we will find out in a month.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Two things....

Yeah I'm sure the servers will get the content, much like the island map has all the content of scorched earth.  You of course have to bring the things over from scorched to play them on the island, but all the content is there in the files otherwise you wouldn't be able to.  That doesn't mean new servers will be bought up in the legacy clusters.

Second, I read that more like the phoenix will be available on legacy, not new dlc.  Maybe I'm right, maybe you are, I guess we will find out in a month.

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

1 minute ago, GP said:

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

And with that I will shut my pie hole.  Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Two things....

Yeah, but if you have no where to transfer it in from, you can't actually access the content. Unless they're going to add all Abberation stuff to Rag in short order. I'll also say that I'm pretty sure there's more discreet info in this forum saying that legacy will get all future maps/DLC added, but I don't have a half hour to dig it all up.

Really though, my suspicion is that it's largely irrelevant. First I have zero faith they'll manage to get it out anywhere near a month from now (they'll delay 6-8 weeks and end up just in time for the holidays!), and at that point legacy might be in rough shape anyway.

My prediction: Abberation drops in Dec, another 30% of legacy servers get wiped, and legacy ends up with 2 Abb servers, one PvE and  PvP.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Yes, that's the one I was looking for! Thanks!

Just now, Arkasaurio said:

Yeah, but if you have no where to transfer it in from, you can't actually access the content. Unless they're going to add all Abberation stuff to Rag in short order. I'll also say that I'm pretty sure there's more discreet info in this forum saying that legacy will get all future maps/DLC added, but I don't have a half hour to dig it all up.

Really though, my suspicion is that it's largely irrelevant. First I have zero faith they'll manage to get it out anywhere near a month from now (they'll delay 6-8 weeks and end up just in time for the holidays!), and at that point legacy might be in rough shape anyway.

My prediction: Abberation drops in Dec, another 30% of legacy servers get wiped, and legacy ends up with 2 Abb servers, one PvE and  PvP.

GP set me straight :)

In fact I allready believe the intention of WC was to have spare servers for new dlc's when they closed or introduced "legacy" ones. And now after nearly 2 weeks after release still no new servers are up for PC. Compared to the amount they have closed it's hilarous...

You get forced to move and begin all over but have no chance to join any it's constant 70/70 on the new "safer" cluster. Allthough my old, now legacy server still exists I now would have been more happy if they had done a complete wipe with having enough server on release.

Why? You can't even move your char or anything and so nethertheless need to start all over. Why I shall invest time on the old (2000 hours allready played) as it will be abandoned in a not known time, also being forced to move onto others which will be abandoned in a not known until we have the situation like now on the new ones? - 70/70, not able to join. - And I truely believe it will be the future for legacy... o.O

• Volunteer Moderator
33 minutes ago, Castillo said:

Legacy is just another word for wipe tbh, the server I play on used to have 20-30 players, now it has 2, they all moved to the new cluster, which means the server will surely get removed on the next "re-purposing" wave.

PvE servers should all be on same cluster, makes no sense to divide the community.

To be fair it would have probably still been wiped even if people hadn't left. 20-30 players on a server with a capacity of 70 minimum, 100 maximum, is really stretching the definition of a busy server.

49 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

To be fair it would have probably still been wiped even if people hadn't left. 20-30 players on a server with a capacity of 70 minimum, 100 maximum, is really stretching the definition of a busy server.

To be fair and sorry to say, but the current situation is well...people know why they have moved and left all back they got. How you define the current state of the new servers? Are they busy as customers try to connect? Well here it's now 1:20am, now I can join...As a Mod you maybe have some Infos when we can count on more servers?

Otherwise the "calmdown" reaction is useless... ;)

On 9/5/2017 at 0:40 PM, GP said:

Legacy servers will be getting the same content as the new servers, this includes future DLCs. It has been stated many times. If you wish to take Wildcard's word with a pinch of salt that is fine and understandable, but the fact is they have said legacy will get all future content.

Well that is nice for future content, but that doesn't excuse the removal of current paid DLC.  I would like to have SE access back on my legacy cluster.  I don't understand why they took SE away from us.  I have heard zero explanations of why one cluster has it, but another doesn't.  I paid money for a DLC i was playing with and now I can't use it on an official cluster.    Whatever benefits in salary you make it is because you steal it form your customers.

Archived