How long is the transfer timer

Gribish

28 minutes ago, LordWolfBreeder said:

it doubles/ at least adds 10 min every time you re-attempt. starts off at 15, jumps from there

What do you mean re attempt the same item or different items in your inventory or is it different inventory full of stuff. Let's say I have to upload 800 ing I can hold 400 in my inventory at one time and I have the other two stacks in my argys inventory I have to wait 15 min for the first two stacks upload them grab the other two stacks now I have to wait 25 min to upload them. Sorry I'm just trying to understand this.

• Volunteer Moderator

From what I understood, the time is the timeleft until next server save. So basically, all the items you transfer from remote inventory to your character one can only be uploaded on the next server save (to ensure items are either saved or uploaded but not both in case of rollback due to crash).

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

From what I understood, the time is the timeleft until next server save. So basically, all the items you transfer from remote inventory to your character one can only be uploaded on the next server save (to ensure items are either saved or uploaded but not both in case of rollback due to crash).

Is it the same thing for dinos 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Gribish said:

I don't think it is. Dinos, unlike stacks, have an unique ID so they gets deleted if duped (even the original ones, I once was transferring 20 rexes from SE to island, and somehow while downloading them I ended with 21, then on next reboot 2 of them got deleted).

the upload timers kinda weird, on ps4 I was uploading some items , went back to my storage box to get more stuff and everything in my inventory was on a 40 min cooldown. Waited it out, started uploading. Discovered that if the stack size changes it can put them on cooldown too, such was the case when I touble tapped X too quickly which uploaded ONE narco and put the other 99 on a 40 minute cooldown, spoiling berries also put themselves on a cooldown (though spoiling while on cooldown didnt extend the time).

21 hours ago, Gribish said:

What do you mean re attempt the same item or different items in your inventory or is it different inventory full of stuff. Let's say I have to upload 800 ing I can hold 400 in my inventory at one time and I have the other two stacks in my argys inventory I have to wait 15 min for the first two stacks upload them grab the other two stacks now I have to wait 25 min to upload them. Sorry I'm just trying to understand this.

Basically yeah. you have 400wt of stuff in your inventory. you go to upload, have to wait min 15min. u upload and then turn to grab more items from any other inventory and now that time has doubled. so now you are waiting 25min to upload that second load.  But its still unconfirmed. 

21 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Invincibliqc may be correct though. just logged in to server, items in my inventory could be instantly uploaded since I went to sleep with them, but the timer for any other inventory was at 30 some odd minutes.

21 hours ago, Gribish said:

thankfully it is not the same for Dinos. they can upload at any time as long as they aren't in their 12hr cooldown after just being brought to a server. but their saddle will have a timer the moment you take it off of them

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hoodiealpha said:

Can u even upload wyvern milk because of this?

read below:

On 9/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, Racidon said:

Since the first page of this is about how you think it works rather than how it actually works, I've quoted my explanation on how the timer works in another thread.

Some people are also under the assumption you can't transfer with items that spoil. You can, it's just harder.

First like I say above the timer is GLOBAL on your server. It is whether your items were in that state when the last save came along, that means stack size, location, etc. This also includes ammo in items. 

To do this with items that spoil, you will be best to use an oby, first have a fridge/preserving bin at one of them keep the items in the bin. Look at your timer by accessing the obi (if no items have a timer, grab a new one and check) It will range between 1 second and 30minutes. Let's say you're transferring milk, you get it with salts in your ptera, fly it back to the obi, put it in your preserving bin and it has just under 1 hour left on it. You look at the obi and your items have a 20minute timer on them. You wait 19 minutes and then get your milk out (with some salts for added protection). That milk also only has a 1 minute timer on it until you can transfer with it. You wait 1 minute and then transfer with your wyvern milk.

If it's still not to liking of those that actually haven't tried this and pretend to know what they're talking about let me know I'll make a video proving it for you on official. Of course it will be with meat or berries not milk but same story.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:23 AM, Dracul said:

the upload timers kinda weird, on ps4 I was uploading some items , went back to my storage box to get more stuff and everything in my inventory was on a 40 min cooldown. Waited it out, started uploading. Discovered that if the stack size changes it can put them on cooldown too, such was the case when I touble tapped X too quickly which uploaded ONE narco and put the other 99 on a 40 minute cooldown, spoiling berries also put themselves on a cooldown (though spoiling while on cooldown didnt extend the time).

This happened to a tribe mate of mine aswell. He tried to send those oil of mine through The island server and every time he uploaded, only 1 quantity was uploaded from the whole stack and the rest had a 40min cooldown timer on it. The uploading system is broken, duping is back/not fixed... lol

On 9/1/2017 at 8:41 PM, Gribish said:

I have experienced both ways for Dinos

We tamed a 135 Rex and walked it to Green OB for transfer and was able to stick it right into the OB. Done this several times actually for different Dinos. no timers.

However, we tamed a level 15 Carno the other day near Green OB, very close, walked him to Green OB to transfer and had to wait longer (15 Minutes) to transfer him than it did to tame it.

22 hours ago, Hoodiealpha said:

Can u even upload wyvern milk because of this?

If you wait til right before the timer to aquire the milk then yes. ie.. check obi timer and give yourself enough time to trap and milk wyvern and have the milk on your inventory when timer expired(with salt of course). then upload.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:23 PM, Dracul said:

I believe it needs to be in your inventory for a server save, in that state. So if you shoot an arrow or eat a piece of meat, those items will have a timer and others won't. That's why you get the variance in length and presence of timer. 

On ‎2‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, invincibleqc said:

I don't think it is. Dinos, unlike stacks, have an unique ID so they gets deleted if duped (even the original ones, I once was transferring 20 rexes from SE to island, and somehow while downloading them I ended with 21, then on next reboot 2 of them got deleted).

We had someone in our tribe accidentally dupe a dino so I don't think that is quite accurate..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Zeropointzeroonepercent said:

So you have to hold the items in your inventory for 15 minutes?  

No. You have to hold the items in your inventory until the next server save. That way items cannot be duplicated. I've logged out with items in my inventory that were fine to upload as soon as I logged back in 20 or 30 minutes later. I've also added items during that time to my inventory which got a timer on them while the items in my inventory still did not have a timer on them. I've also added items that have had 31 minutes timer and I've added items that have had a 4 minute timer. They do that so you can transfer everything within yourself if you want to a different server when the timer elapses or you can upload stuff to the obselik so that if the server you arrive on experiences a rollback you don't lose that stuff (which has happened to a few people who would come to trade on my old legacy server). 

It's a bit of a pain but I personally experience less roll backs in general which were all too common on legacy due to duping.

( I am not saying duping is solved, I am saying it is more time consuming and since so many people are even too lazy to go that route it has decreased in number)

Archived