your funny moments in Ark?

ToeiRei

Hi fellow dino cuddlers,

I am playing ARK since quite a while and I have came across many situations where I have to laugh a lot if I think back of them - and I guess I'm not the only one. Have a good one?

Here's mine:

At the island I got a bit nervous after a series of raptor attacks and bad luck which resulted in a nervous index finger, if you know what I mean. As I wasn't too far away from my base I decided to push through and get my ass back into safety when I heard a noise right of me. Without really thinking I just turned to the source of the noise pulling the trigger and emptying the whole clip of the assault riffle at the creature standing there. Poor dodo. By now we're still laughing quite hard about that incident.

While I don't have a real funny story, for me my funniest moment was when I was doing one of my explorations with my herd of dinos:

2 Stegos

1 Carno

2 Dilos

1 pteranodon

1 pelagornis 

1 raptor 

suddenly i was attacked by Two Therizi at once, as expected my team finished them off, but to them it wasn't good enough they decided to spread in a few different directions killing everything that moved. Even passive creatures such as a poor unfortunate parasuar . 

My story was with the hallowe'en event. We were always looking for the dodorex. We wanted to kill it. But we did not have no luck. So I logged out. The next day I logged back in and my friends tells me in chat you did not find the dodorex but he did find you. The dodorex had spawn right into my base. Of course most of my Dinos were on passive. A few were on neutral but not enough. I lost 1 third of my Dinos which was about 25 of them. What I was mad about and in a way lucky also is that my high level Trex which would have killed that dodorex was on passive. Lucky because she would have been killed if she would have been attacked.

Day 1 of Rag drop (unofficial PC server PVP due to no official servers open yet)

looking at spawn places and see one that is "recommended" - decide to go there. Looking around and things look NICE! I love the map so far. Some nice bones to my left, parasaurs everywhere, plenty of rss for a beach... things are looking good. 

Craft up my stone weapons, some cloth armor, and decide to do some exploring

walking along admiring the view and BAM see a flock of argies right in front of me... so tempting, but I know i'm not leveled enough to mess with them. Head in another direction, to try to bypass them, and out of nowhere level 40 rex. Get eaten. Spawn at random spot in the same area. THE MAGICAL FLYING LAND EURYPTERID THINKS NOT! Well, this spot may not be so recommended... i'm pretty sure they messed up on calling it that. Spawn in the north east of the map. Before the "wake up" animation is done i'm on fire and killed from a Lv. 15 fire wyvern. This is getting to be raptor-poop.... spawn to the next spot to the right as I know that there's a waterfall cave in the north east that my friends want to build a base in. Finally looks like a decently safe spawn. Walking through the valley between the ruins and the scar, and there are literally aggressive mantises and spiders all over, plus a few centipedes. It's ok though, i'm pretty good at running away by now. Make it to the waterfall base and IT IS AMAZING! I love the cave, I love the base, I love everything! Flash forward a couple of days and we're on a role. stone foundations all in the base, forges, smiths, etc... tamed a few trikes and pteradons. It's time to start really upping our game, so that we can survive some noob raiders. We decided to go get some rexes. So here I am, sitting outside the base down stream picking berries to make narcotics, while my bro is flying around on Pterpac Shakur to get some meat to spoil (this was before we learned the dead beach whales provided spoiled meat). All of the sudden he's screaming into voice-chat for me to run! I'm confused so I look around and charging towards me is a giga out of nowhere! Panicked, my chest pounding as if it's real life, I start running like a scared child... now here's where the fun starts, because where do I run? Why straight back to base, of course! unfortunately, he made quick work of the trike that was sacrificed, in order to help me escape (I thought as long as I outran him it would be ok) and continued to keep his mis-placed aggro on me. Well, I slammed the doors in his face and took a moment to collect my thoughts... at least I'm safe now even if I did betray my favorite trike. Guess again, bitch! He comes through the door like his name is Shrek and continues to kill 2 more pteras, and another trike before setting his sites back on me. Luckily, I accidentally fell into the lake in there. He follows me and kills me, but when I re-spawn I noticed he can't get out. I wait until my buddies to come inside and we use the narcs we were going to take for rexes and manage to knock him out in a way that his head glitched through the wall and he didn't drown, then tamed him with raw mutton. Imagine our surprise and joy though,  when it turned out he was level 140! Mission accomplished, boys! Welcome to the tribe, Giggie Smalls! 

Another one here. 

My spouse and I were trying to rebuild and improve our base. Due to the complete redesign we literally had to start from scratch as we had to shorten our "daily mileage" in our base. 

As the generator was gone, of course, the fridge was out of order. But luckily a Bronti walked by. So I rushed out, jumped on my best Rex and attacked the Bronti in sight. 

The corpse of the giant took off and made a solid landing on me and my Rex. Instant K.O

Luckily my spouse could collect all of the meat and dragged me inside as she forgot which dino kept the stim stuff. 

Archived