sanitp

I have seen this level 8 alpha Rex and i really want to kill it but i also don't want to spend a lot of time as I've seen some youtubers spend killing it. I have a lvl 80 argentavis (which I know inst the best) but it have 2k health and 400% melee and iv'e killed two alpha raptors with it without flying which where level 15. Would i have any chance with this Rex at all with the Argie.

It's not the best idea.  You might lose your argy, especially if you don't give it any assistance.  I'd try using a large bear trap and unloading any kind of projectiles you have into the rex a few times.  Alpha raptors are pretty weak compared to rexes.  I definetly wouldn't sit on the ground and take the hits while it munches on you, but if you attack it while flying you might de able to pull it off with a lot of cooked meat in your argy and a decent saddle.

1 hour ago, sanitp said:

I have seen this level 8 alpha Rex and i really want to kill it but i also don't want to spend a lot of time as I've seen some youtubers spend killing it. I have a lvl 80 argentavis (which I know inst the best) but it have 2k health and 400% melee and iv'e killed two alpha raptors with it without flying which where level 15. Would i have any chance with this Rex at all with the Argie.

I would watch out flyers can get stuck in a alpha rex and die

Hey bud, Best i ever killed was a lvl 60 Alpha Rex on foot with a sword.... mind you a mastercraft sword with 227.7 dmg and 300 melee, 200 health, Mastercraft and ascendent flak and a LOT of health drinks... and 140 movement speed. Gotta run away and drink your drinks bro! AND HACK AT ITS ANKLES! RUN AWAY!! HEAL UP! HACK AT ITS ANKLES SOME MORE!

I got totally wrecked by a 120 alpha rex....

I killed a Level 50 Alpha Rex last night with my argie. I stayed in flight the whole time, staying right on its back and chasing it down, never letting up. I use this argie for killing every land creature, including all alphas. I even intentionally get it stuck on the rex just so he can't go anywhere. Note though, it is a bit more powerful than yours. It is a bred argie with about:

Level 260ish

~8,000 HP 

~2,000 Stam

~650% Melee

Equipped with Ascendant saddle.

I think I only lost a few hundred points of health on my bird. 

I also used it to fight 2 100+ alpha raptors and a 135 non-alpha rex at the same time. Stayed on the ground the entire time and lost less than half the health.

Faced my first alpha rex this morning, it was a 145 female and surprisingly tough. The wife and I took out our pair of lvl 250ish 100% imprinted rexes, with mate boost, both at 20k hp and 500 melee with primitive saddles. Took us a few minutes to take him down, but we both lost several thousand hp each in the process, but the xp was great, my toon gained 1 full lvl and my rex gained 6 lvls.

I kill regular rex's to lvl up Argies, but there's no way I would take on an Alpha Rex with a lvl 80 Argy. After you've killed a few rex's with an Argy you really got a feel for it - but once again, an Alpha Rex is jacked. Not a good risk.

I like the idea of using MC sword, with plenty of sleeping bags in the area. 

Archived