ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

On 10/13/2017 at 2:33 PM, suicidalnoodle said:

So many butthurt people, it's hilarious. Not many games have "free" DLC, so I don't see what the problem is. Aside from that,  Aberration  looks incredible and I, like many others, are super anxious to play it. The only thing I'm hoping for is that they implement the new lighting system for  Aberration  into the rest of the game. Seriously though, the lighting bothers me so much. If a light is on inside a building, I should not see it outside unless a window/door is open. 

It is not free

I got to thinking about aberration and was wondering will there be any explorer notes and i thing the wung suit and the picks should be crafted easily since it is the only way of travel and also i wonder what the ruins would look like for the explorer notes like will it be all technology and alien stuff like that or just the generic plain boring ruins.

5 hours ago, Tripex said:

Not really looking forward to this because i guaranteed most servers will be pillared 

Not only pillared but like ragna not enough server, thus an overload will occour 70/70 all the time. Then no restriction on tribes allowed to set up on server, thus 100+ tribes with 40 dinos each and taming cap be reached. Same as it is with ragna right now where each weekend the taming cap is reached. 

500 dinos per tribes is good but useless if the amount of tribes and people is not restricted that can settle on a server in total. Would be an easy fix count the tribes. Single player count as tribe till they join one. After limit is hit, they get a message max count of tribes reached. If one is inactive lets say a month and is the only member of his tribe he will be removed, or if his structures are gone or whatever filter. 

But abborration is a money making machine, so money first problems later, fixed or ignored.

Edited by Sha
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, angelashades said:

what day will it be released or has it already been released???? ive been dying to see this new expantion and i have explorers edition!.

During TwitchCon, Jat and Jen announced that it had been pushed back "by some weeks". As of now we do not have more information about a new release date.

On 28.10.2017 at 11:53 PM, Wolf9f1 said:

I got to thinking about aberration and was wondering will there be any explorer notes and i thing the wung suit and the picks should be crafted easily since it is the only way of travel and also i wonder what the ruins would look like for the explorer notes like will it be all technology and alien stuff like that or just the generic plain boring ruins.

We surely will follow the story of Helena Parker and Rockwell journey from SE to the 'control center' station which Abberation probably is. Or was until it got destroyed. "The transporter that can take us back to the "control center" station is in the ruins of another city, south of the mountains." - Helena`s note #29 from SE.

And my speculation is that Rockwell`s obsession of element (or Edmundium how he calls it) may have lead to the devastating TEK war on that ARK that brought it to its current state. "Meanwhile, I shall unlock the secrets of the most extraordinary element in the universe right under her nose!" - Rockwell`s note #30 from SE.

There is also Nerva and Mei-Yin Li who disappeared during their ascension. And while the notes may have a clue that they both fought on that control station - it is not clear if they both are dead or alive. Helena did mention her hopes that Mei is still alive and looking for her in her SE notes while Rockwell definitelly sees Nerva as a leader worth ruling the ark.

As for the type of ruins that may be there on the Abberation ARK - i doubt they will be any TEK type. But if my theory of Rockwell`s involvement into Abb ARK destruction is true - this may very possible be it - TEK tier ruins. Rockwell did turn from an arrogant researched into an obsessed element-hunter that didn`t hesitate to poison people standing on his way. "As soon as the first group of Burning Phoenix warriors succumbed to their poisoned feast, I stole away into the night, Edmunium and artifact in tow." - Rockwell`s note #24 from SE.

9 hours ago, kingB said:

Can't wait for this!! I hope it won't be laggy :/

Personally I think that PING meter on the search is useless.  I get huge lag on servers with PING of around 100 and yet my own dedicated server on the search bar shows as 9999 but once you load it up it sticks between the 10-20 mark.  I for one know I'll be loading the  map to my sever as soon as it's launched.  I only wish I knew a release date. 

15 hours ago, CapKirby said:

Personally I think that PING meter on the search is useless.  I get huge lag on servers with PING of around 100 and yet my own dedicated server on the search bar shows as 9999 but once you load it up it sticks between the 10-20 mark.  I for one know I'll be loading the  map to my sever as soon as it's launched.  I only wish I knew a release date. 

I'm talking about officials ... and there is a lagg huge problem.