ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

On 2017/9/27 at 3:04 PM, Frozenhole said:

ITs new content like all expansion packs it has a cost dont be such a cheap arse

how is being annoyed that buying the game early didn't give anything special to owners of early access buyers. the games 60$ ! i'm not being a cheap arse. i want what we all paid for. fk what if the DLC turns out to be . . . oh i don't know, 60$! you going to pay that!? basically buying the game twice?

far i know.  only thing we got was playing early nothing else was given. . . the game still got bugs and glitches D: for 60$ sorry but no worth the current price

if they only keep adding tek gear. as new items. whats the point? still waiting on new building types. hell only way for players that don't own SE to get a Phoenix is to spawn that in.

i keep asking what we get for early access. no one will ever answer with a serious answer instead its all childish BS responses

the devs said were would get something for early access still waiting on what that is

Edited by Hekete

57 minutes ago, Hekete said:

how is being annoyed that buying the game early didn't give anything special to owners of early access buyers. the games 60$ ! i'm not being a cheap arse. i want what we all paid for. fk what if the DLC turns out to be . . . oh i don't know, 60$! you going to pay that!? basically buying the game twice?

far i know.  only thing we got was playing early nothing else was given. . . the game still got bugs and glitches D: for 60$ sorry but no worth the current price

if they only keep adding tek gear. as new items. whats the point? still waiting on new building types. hell only way for players that don't own SE to get a Phoenix is to spawn that in.

i keep asking what we get for early access. no one will ever answer with a serious answer instead its all childish BS responses

the devs said were would get something for early access still waiting on what that is

You are wrong and acting very spoiled.. i bought ark for 20 dollars.. so I saved 40 dollars on the game, therefore that is something.. game has bugs and glitches but it's a pretty big game with lots of moving parts,  it's come a very long way and continues to get better overall,  that's a fact.. And aberration will be 20 US dollars.. don't see how that's paying another 60 dollars..

Was gonna say, the fact that I got this game for 15$, and 1400 hours of play time logged, I feel like I got my money's worth out of this game. My husband got us the Season Pass as well, while it was on sale, to get any and all of the DLC that they release. Plus we got input on the game as it was developing. Pretty solid deal if you ask me.

3 hours ago, Aviselan said:

Plus we got input on the game as it was developing. Pretty solid deal if you ask me.

Well glad they listened to someone, felt more like talking to a wall majority of the time otherwise the kibble system would already be 'reworked', primal survival wouldnt have been abandoned, and we would have a proper land claim system for PVE instead of two painfully ineffectual bandaid fixes. (oh and we would have a oceanic expansion, instead of both paid DLCs lacking large bodies of water at all)

---------------------

On to topic relevance though: WTB Aberration release date!

• Thanks 1

Nice not buying it though until they learn how to fix all the other problems on their expansion packs.  They know how to add and hype up stuff for people to buy but with too many problems.  I wonder what lags, and what more problems with this expansion pack will have.  When will people learn. They will say anything to anyone to buy their stuff.

I find it absurd that i will have to pay for this expansion map if i ever want to play it, after spending 80 euro on the game and scorched earth.

ARK servers appear to be dead already, if you charge 20e for new expansion i surely won't be buying it, that will just be pulling my donkey altogether..I understand you need a flow of money to keep the servers going but why don't you implement a monthly membership for server upkeep? i talked to a few people and they said they would pay a subscription. 

The performance on the servers has dropped drastically since the official launch or else its a problem with servers being chockablocked with structures...i don't know.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Smite said:

I find it absurd that i will have to pay for this expansion map if i ever want to play it, after spending 80 euro on the game and scorched earth.

ARK servers appear to be dead already, if you charge 20e for new expansion i surely won't be buying it, that will just be pulling my donkey altogether..I understand you need a flow of money to keep the servers going but why don't you implement a monthly membership for server upkeep? i talked to a few people and they said they would pay a subscription. 

The performance on the servers has dropped drastically since the official launch or else its a problem with servers being chockablocked with structures...i don't know.

If you purchase the season pass it would cost you less than if you were to buy aberration and the further expansion when it comes out separately.

• Volunteer Moderator
39 minutes ago, HorrorHead said:

Do you buy this on steam or like the PlayStation store? I can't find it. I don't remember what ark I have. I bought it a long time ago and it came with the island, scorched earth, and center and ragnarok showed up without me having to pay anything extra. Will abberation do the same?

Scorched Earth and Aberration are two of the paid expansions for the game. When ARK came out on playstation there were two versions available for purchase : the $30 version that only contained ARK (and the center as it's a free DLC), and the $50 that came with ARK and Scorched Earth (plus the center).

2 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Scorched Earth and Aberration are two of the paid expansions for the game. When ARK came out on playstation there were two versions available for purchase : the $30 version that only contained ARK (and the center as it's a free DLC), and the $50 that came with ARK and Scorched Earth (plus the center).

I bought the $50 one. So does this mean I won't have to buy abberation? Just wait for it to come into my ark?

• Volunteer Moderator
30 minutes ago, HorrorHead said:

I bought the $50 one. So does this mean I won't have to buy abberation? Just wait for it to come into my ark?

This means that you will have to purchase aberration to access the map. However, if memory serves right, I believe that you get a discount for purchasing the season pass since you already own scorched earth.

On 6.10.2017 at 12:56 AM, ciabattaroll said:

If you purchase the season pass it would cost you less than if you were to buy aberration and the further expansion when it comes out separately.

But sure this game is a complete rip of anyway, for its state its not worth the money...wish i could go back in time and spend my money elsewhere.

Im guessing not many people know that WildCard lost a 40 million lawsuit...finding this out makes a lot of sense to me right now.

The prices, the terrible server lag, half a game for the price of 2 games... ANOTHER DLC WOW THANKS...what next ? ..looks like the barrel is being scraped clean, and since official launch there has been a great decline in players and general interest.

When i pay 80euro for a game i expect it to be the full thing just like every other game out there which lives up to the standard of an official release game, unlike ARK.

Its just a joke

So many butthurt people, it's hilarious. Not many games have "free" DLC, so I don't see what the problem is. Aside from that,  Aberration  looks incredible and I, like many others, are super anxious to play it. The only thing I'm hoping for is that they implement the new lighting system for  Aberration  into the rest of the game. Seriously though, the lighting bothers me so much. If a light is on inside a building, I should not see it outside unless a window/door is open.