ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

On 9/1/2017 at 2:16 PM, Wolfestar777 said:

So the really important question...

When do we get to see a video of

the vile ‘Nameless Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

I look forward to the release of this! Thank you for your hard work, I'll need to buy the season's pass soon. And just to be super greedy: when do we get to hear about the second expansion? Will it be a similar release style to SE and Aberration? Oh... And can we raise those chest busters as cute vicious alien pets?

I think the chest busters become those mongrel things

This is very cool, but will there ever be endgame for Scorched Earth and Rag? When you "beat" the Island, you're transported to another ark, are we gonna beat a new observer for each map or disrupt some kind of mechanism that will eventually lead to an end of these experiments? (if they are experiments and not just a big zoo) 

1 hour ago, Rondubu said:

This is very cool, but will there ever be endgame for Scorched Earth and Rag? When you "beat" the Island, you're transported to another ark, are we gonna beat a new observer for each map or disrupt some kind of mechanism that will eventually lead to an end of these experiments? (if they are experiments and not just a big zoo) 

Well it's all in the name.  Ark is a vessel that preserves/saves/etc.. you can see holographs of earth right before the tek boss.. looks like pangea (all continents mushed together),  current earth,  and a post apocalypse earth that looks like a barren wasteland.. so you have 3 seperate time periods depicted and could easily assume that the arks were made to preserve earth life after the devastation, and maybe while earth gets terraformed if you want to theory craft further.. the arks could be experimental like you said, gathering data on the best balance for biomes and differing  species and their impacts on the ecology and such..

On 9/1/2017 at 11:53 AM, Hekete said:

i dont even play on offical servers so that is mute =/

you dont need to log in at all to play ark what you talking about?

also the new DLC is going to be 20$ , the people that prepaid/payed for access did we get anything for that yet?, still waiting for our BIG Gift for doing that. if its only two new animals and a bigger map for RO, if that is it. thats a slap in the face. im sorry....i payed 23$ for other games and the rewards were over 100$ worth in compensations!

THOUGH that new DLC is very beautiful! dont get me wrong!

ITs new content like all expansion packs it has a cost dont be such a cheap arse

• Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, The1trueGodMe said:

So all this has gone very hush hush 

Has it been cancelled yet charged for lol 

I want an approximate date and 2017 isn't an answer lol 

The approximate date is October 2017.

It hasn't been hush hush, they've been revealing images of Aberration creatures each week.

15 minutes ago, GP said:

The approximate date is October 2017.

It hasn't been hush hush, they've been revealing images of Aberration creatures each week.

October is't a release date it's a month lol

Though after everything that Ragnorak's epic launch failure i can see why release is actually hush hush and images don't mean much to me show me actual game play clips running through official servers so i can see how lagy or smooth the game runs that's what would interest me and not a screen shot that probably took 20 attempts to get crystal clear :)

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, The1trueGodMe said:

October is't a release date it's a month lol

Though after everything that Ragnorak's epic launch failure i can see why release is actually hush hush and images don't mean much to me show me actual game play clips running through official servers so i can see how lagy or smooth the game runs that's what would interest me and not a screen shot that probably took 20 attempts to get crystal clear :)

The fact you asked for an approximate date then 1st - 31st October is your approximate date, i.e. October 2017.

You'll have to settle for the official trailer for now, that's all the video content there is and likely that will be all there is before release just like previous DLC releases. Showing too much will spoil some of the mystery of Aberration.

Edited by GP

On 20/09/2017 at 2:59 PM, Rondubu said:

Ragnarok will have an end-game. The developers have mentioned in a stream that they will.

Not sure about Scorched Earth though