ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

I might recommend doing what Overkill Studios does on their expansions.

This basically is adding additional complementary in-game content for all players to help promote the expansion pack.
I personally would recommend adding a bunch of skins and more blueprints/engrams to the main game.

As of items from Scorched Earth to add to the main game, I recommend adding the Wind Turbine.

p.s. can you fix the Linux version?  It's really bad.

Screenshot1.jpg

I'm very surprised with Wildcard basically discarding all it's pre-release players, adding basically all of scorched earth to the new ragnarok map that comes with the game, and any of us how bought scorched earth before the game was released will still have to pay full price for the season pass for this and all other expansion, which I doubt This expansion will be primitive plus compatible since on full release, scorched earth still isn't... Looks like a really cool map, but in my experience no ark expansion is worth the 20$ starting price to me or any of us in our crew who have been playing ark for over two years. Should've waited till SE went 50% off. Probably will do that for Aberration..

22 minutes ago, GuardVarg said:

I'm very surprised with Wildcard basically discarding all it's pre-release players, adding basically all of scorched earth to the new ragnarok map that comes with the game, and any of us how bought scorched earth before the game was released will still have to pay full price for the season pass for this and all other expansion, which I doubt This expansion will be primitive plus compatible since on full release, scorched earth still isn't... Looks like a really cool map, but in my experience no ark expansion is worth the 20$ starting price to me or any of us in our crew who have been playing ark for over two years. Should've waited till SE went 50% off. Probably will do that for Aberration..

The season pass is discounted for everyone who bought SE.

11 hours ago, AoiBlue said:

I might recommend doing what Overkill Studios does on their expansions.

This basically is adding additional complementary in-game content for all players to help promote the expansion pack.
I personally would recommend adding a bunch of skins and more blueprints/engrams to the main game.

As of items from Scorched Earth to add to the main game, I recommend adding the Wind Turbine.

p.s. can you fix the Linux version?  It's really bad.

Screenshot1.jpg

Linux version has been screwed up since ever. I doubt they have plans to fix the Linux version anytime soon. There have been many complaints about it not running or functioning properly on Linux over the past year and nothing has been done.

Also, they don't need to add the SE engrams to the Island. You can just take your character to Scorched Earth and learn the Engrams there, then on your other ARK you can build and place the Wind Turbines normally. You just probably will have to get some of the resources from Scorched Earth beforehand. The main reason I doubt that SE engrams will make it to the Island is because it's missing a lot of the required resources. (both figuratively and literally)

Guest chancho33015

LOVE the new look! hopefully we get powers from being in the radiation on there...like...who doesnt dream of shooting something with their hands on ark? lol

Lets keep this one well away from all current ark games 0 transfers 0 legacy 0 non legacy related  had massive screw up there already 

I HOPE this DLC is 100% separate to EVERYTHING 

If it has any connection to the other ark maps aside from story it will be as bigger F up as rag has been

Lets get this one right. Also i look forward to playing this on scorpio It looks its looks visually outstanding looking forward to this one :) 

@Jat 

Release enough servers this time lol (unlike xbox 4 legacy rag maps)

Also now this is official release game maybe consider with AB you could do a pre map release download ad release an smaller patch on official release date so EVERYONE can play it at exactly the same time release some equality in the game as this will be brand new to everyone old player an new players alike an all get on at the same time just an idea :)

Just a quick question. Is it possible to change the button from triangle/Y on the ps4/xbox for your shoulder mounts to the L1/B button? Double press to throw it off, hold it down for them to come back and automatically mount on your shoulder? Im fine with triangle to pick it up .I just hate when the damn this wont listen to my wistles Or I cant catch my Dimorph, I am constantly picking up rocks and berries lol Also can we get a FOX or HAWK or EAGLE as a SM? Id like to use the fox to stun my enemy at the ankle allowing me to tranq it. Also I cool concept would be to add a hawk to scout a certain type of creature. Those Dossiers you give us to find. It be cool if it was an actual book we can put into hawks or foxes inventory and they will sniff out that specific creature for you to hunt.