ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

After seen this trailer and preview via text, I must say I am quite excited for this expansion. I need to rush my game to be ready for this.

Great work, the queen looks particularly fantastic (assuming its the one that pops up from the ground). Everything about the environment looks new and refreshing, which is great. I personally loved Scorched Earth, and seems like the feat will be repeated once more. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zadocfish said:

This looks great!  But I'm not getting it if it's ascension-locked.  I'll be "voting with my wallet" on that point; if I'm paying for something, I'm not using a cheatcode to access it, and I'm not jumping through hoops for it.  If it's not a normally-accessible Ark, I don't want it no matter how cool it is.

Ascending through the Arks is part of the story and how you progress from Ark to Ark.

Secondly, what a bunch of ungrateful whiners. Like holy poop. WC's release of Ark is no where near as bad a No Man's Sky or the GTA 5 online play fiasco. Grow up and be a little patient. Let's count off how many games WC has ever released. Oh, that's right. One. How many of you can execute a flawless release on the first time around?

• Like 1

@JatCan you please stop adding stuff untill all lag issues, bugs and in general stuff that needs to fixed is fixed. It makes no sense adding more stuff when the main game and maps that are already out are so rage-induring at times, especially the 255 ping issue on ragnarok, I lost 1 wyv and im sure many others have lost dinos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

People that own Scorched Earth receive a 33% discount to the season pass.

Ahh... man, that could have been brought differently. I thought it was a generic discount.

Nice to see story-arc and story dlc being added. Because, after all, why are we here?

It's hard to ignore all spoiler videos right now on youtube :-(.

Will it be like I had thought? What is the reason? How many arks are there? Is planet earth a lie and just another succesful ark?

(Still hope you will soon have time to look at our linux platform bugs though... :-( Might be just missing textures)

Edited by DirtyCamper

May I suggest renaming this expansion pack to ARK: Systemic Error?

It's just that the main game is called ARK: Survival Evolved, and the other expansion pack is ARK: Scorched Earth, and I thought it was cool how they both spelled out SE. Systemic Error would also make sense from a marketing standpoint, as most people (including myself) probably don't even know how to pronounce Aberration. Hell, I didn't even know this word existed!

However, if you're too far in development, I completely understand it could lead to too much hassle. I still think it would be better that way, but the decision is completely on you.

• Like 1

Instead of bringing out dlc....work on fixing your damn game(dupes-which are still working..even in the new clusters) and game breaking glicthes...undermapping is still a big thing.. and work on optimizations....i dont know if u guys have been noticing....but...YOUR GAME IS DYING!!!YOUR POP IS DYING!! The stats proves it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheWearWolf said:

It's just that the main game is called ARK: Survival Evolved, and the other expansion pack is ARK: Scorched Earth, and I thought it was cool how they both spelled out SE. Systemic Error would also make sense from a marketing standpoint, as most people (including myself) probably don't even know how to pronounce Aberration. Hell, I didn't even know this word existed!

However, if you're too far in development, I completely understand it could lead to too much hassle. I still think it would be better that way, but the decision is completely on you.

The name does fit though. Here is the definition if you are not aware 

ab·er·ra·tion

ˌabəˈrāSH(ə)n/

noun

a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheWearWolf said:

A-berr-ation. It's not hard.