ARK: Aberration Expansion Pack Announced!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hello Survivors!

Studio Wildcard is proud to announce ARK’s second expansion pack, “Aberration”! 

Launching in 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam, in “ARK: Aberration” Survivors will find themselves waking up on a derelict, malfunctioning ARK with an elaborate underground biome system, where they will face exotic new challenges unlike anything before: extreme radioactive sunlight and environmental hazards, ziplines, wingsuits, climbing gear, cave dwellings, charge-batteries, and far more, along with a stable of extraordinary new creatures await within the mysterious depths. But beware the ‘Nameless’: unrelenting, Element-infused humanoids which have evolved into vicious light-hating monstrosities! You’ll uncover the ultimate secrets of the ARKs, and discover what the future holds in store for those strong and clever enough to survive!

large.AB_1.jpg

AN ARK GONE AWRY

large.AB_2.jpg

Aberration places survivors on a damaged ARK: its internal atmosphere has leaked away, resulting in a harsh surface with intense radiation, and a plethora of lush biomes underground. With the maintenance systems of this ARK malfunctioning, the many hazards, creatures, and nature of the environment present a thrilling new world to explore and master.

large.AB_3.jpg

TAME NEW CREATURES

large.AB_5.jpg

The intense radiation of Aberration has led to incredible genetic mutations, resulting in new creatures with amazing abilities! Among others, clamber up walls & glide through the air on the back of a camouflaging chameleon-like ‘Rock Drake’, keep the dark at bay with a friendly ‘Lantern Pug’, grab and toss multiple creatures simultaneously with a massive ‘Cave Crustacean’, or -- if you are talented enough to tame one -- command the vile ‘Nameless Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!

large.AB_6.jpg

CRAFT OVER 50 NEW ITEMS

large.AB_4.jpg

New tools are on-hand to survive on the world of Aberration, while opening up many possibilities for new competitive and cooperative scenarios. Traverse the ARK using cave-climbing picks, gliding wingsuits, and ziplines. Learn advanced engrams to dominate the harsh environment, protect yourself with hazmat outfits, charge lanterns, explosive rounds, batteries, glowsticks, railguns and much more. Thrive by gathering new resources, using fishing baskets, gas collectors, fortify your home within the caverns using cliff structures, and much more!

large.AB_10.jpg

CONQUER NEW CHALLENGES

large.AB_7.jpg

Earthquakes, radiation exposure, gas leaks, and Element chambers are among the many hazards that survivors will learn to grapple with Aberration’s varied biomes, both aboveground and below the surface. But among the greatest challenges on this ruined ARK is the hierarchy of unrelenting Nameless, requiring constant vigilance & Charge Energy to defend against!

large.AB_8.jpg

And in the deepest depths of Aberration, their terrifying -- yet somehow familiar -- master awaits… will YOU be among the survivors powerful enough to face him?

large.AB_9.jpg

Season Pass

Aberration will be available as a standalone expansion pack ($19.99) and as part of the ARK Season Pass (or the ARK: Explorers Edition). Owners of ARK Season Pass / Explorers Edition will get exclusive in-game Aberration-themed cosmetic item skins, immediately on Steam and in the coming days on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

The Aberration Helmet, formed from the damaged ARK's obsidian-like underground rock, creates an imposing presence for Survivors who wear it.

large.Aberration_Helmet.png

The Aberration Sword, forged from the Element Crystals that run within the deepest chambers of the ARK, emits a subtle glow to strike fear into your enemies.

large.AberrationSword.png

PAX West!

This weekend Studio Wildcard will be joined by PAX Rex and its’ new gigantic friend at PAX West in Seattle. We invite you to join us in person at the Studio Wildcard Booth in North Hall at Booth 815 or on our Twitch channel to which we will be streaming throughout the weekend to celebrate ARK’s launch and have the WC devs discuss ARK with you in real-time! So if you’re at the event, come say hello, we’d love to meet you!

Keep up with all the latest PAX information at playark.com/pax2017/ and @survivetheark

There will be 2 photo opportunities with giant creatures from ARK: Survival Evolved, including a full-size T-Rex and full-size Raptor, both rideable, as well as meet the real-life ARK actors behind Survivor’s Bob and Jane from the Live Action ARK Trailer:

Remember to tweet us out your pictures and experiences at the ARK Booth including @SurvivetheARK and #PAXREX for a chance to win some ARK Swag!

View full article

9 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Since the ark is broken I wonder if we will be able to transfer characters...

I think it is a information we should know it because it is not the same play to have a character to transfer there or not.

Well they have raptors and I don't know about you but I don't think those raptors came from Aberration 

6 minutes ago, tirroy said:

Who cares about new content when you can not log in to the excisting content?

i dont even play on offical servers so that is mute =/

you dont need to log in at all to play ark what you talking about?

also the new DLC is going to be 20$ , the people that prepaid/payed for access did we get anything for that yet?, still waiting for our BIG Gift for doing that. if its only two new animals and a bigger map for RO, if that is it. thats a slap in the face. im sorry....i payed 23$ for other games and the rewards were over 100$ worth in compensations!

THOUGH that new DLC is very beautiful! dont get me wrong!

Edited by Hekete

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyypeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Dangit, got a headache from watching the stream. My brain can't deal with the excitement. xD

Question though, do you guys have someone who's made the study of cuteness into a science and who's also got a degree in it? We have the Jerboa, the sheep, the Otter and now the Pug. Seriously, you're cuting me to death (if you know where that quote's from I think you're one of few I think)! *dies*

So the really important question...

When do we get to see a video of

the vile ‘Nameless Queen’ to impregnate your foes with a horrifying reproductive chest-burster!"

I look forward to the release of this! Thank you for your hard work, I'll need to buy the season's pass soon. And just to be super greedy: when do we get to hear about the second expansion? Will it be a similar release style to SE and Aberration? Oh... And can we raise those chest busters as cute vicious alien pets?

57 minutes ago, Cucharon said:

Since the ark is broken I wonder if we will be able to transfer characters...

I think it is a information we should know it because it is not the same play to have a character to transfer there or not.

I hope and wish the new DLC forces you to defeat all bosses on the island before being able to CREATE a brand new level 1 character on the Aberration map. Otherwise it's way too easy.

• Like 1