Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Technosurfer1 said:

Support wildcard??? Not even they can't get anything right the game has been nothing but a pain all there updates have done is screw everything up and now dedicated servers are crashing with no hope of help in sight screw wildcard ... Time to start issuing refunds 

Apparently there was a "bug" shortly after launch where Steam wasn't counting the hours played or how long people had the game. If you bought ARK through Steam you could get a refund.

Highly amusing accident.

edit: It has since been fixed. Haha.

2 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Apparently there was a "bug" shortly after launch where Steam wasn't counting the hours played or how long people had the game. If you bought ARK through Steam you could get a refund.

Highly amusing accident.

edit: It has since been fixed. Haha.

Gotta say, it's not amusing at all. If you got 10 hours out of a $10-$30 investment you don't deserve a refund. 

If you actually spent the time to get said refund, you lack the basic understanding of time having value.. that's sad.

the trailer looks very good. everything in it looks pretty incredible, visually and game-play wise.

however, i'm sure most of us know by now that WC uses pre-recorded, scripted, edited footage to put into trailers and tends to overly hype what they are advertising. it isn't dirty or cheap, it's good marketing. 

with that being said, i am extremely hopeful that WC delivers on this one. this expansion brings completely new levels of playablility and that's exactly what this game needs. 

On 01/09/2017 at 6:53 PM, nightmare2772 said:

And how many games are perfect on day one of release? Much less early access games. I just think the devs are owed alot of appreciation here with what they've done, especially with how most of the community has a tendency tear them down. If i were them i'd have given y'all the finger. 

If you're a legacy player or a primitive player, they already did. 

On 9/3/2017 at 8:01 AM, TotallyUncool said:

One thing that I realized after watching Kayed and Navin's stream the other day, is that transfers will most likely ruin WC's vision for Aberration. One of the major things with the DLC is that there are no native fliers on the map, instead you have gliding suits, the Rock Drake and other means of scaling the cliffs and traverse the cave system. I'm imagining that people will just transfer their fliers over and skip a lot of what would make surviving on this map difficult. Well, I guess they'll also transfer their gigas, rexes and whatnot and slaughter the nameless critters and I don't blame them (especially for official PvP where you have to be on top to stay competitive).

I think it's a real shame that this will most likely happen on the official servers. :/

They said flyers cannot be transferred in for lore reasons.

5 hours ago, LokiTDD said:

If you're a legacy player or a primitive player, they already did. 

You should have obviously expected what happened with legacy upon release, almost every early access game does the same thing in one way or another. Primitive + is not part of WC's Ark. Like ragnarok, its a mod that had enough demand to be ported over to the original game. You dont see Bethesda constantly updating other peoples Skyrim mods. Don't know what you expected. 

43 minutes ago, SMooreAce said:

Fix what? Its easy to parrot others weak complaints! Its easy to spout off worthless unrelated BS!

Still unresolved duping, daily ddos attacks and servers dropping that weren't on the kill list, alphas spawning at 5x the usual rates, tuso still dumping dinos inside terrain, eels still coming out of solid rocks, players/structures being damaged through walls by wilds outside a metal hut(Lost a smithy full of goodies to that one yesterday), equus crafting bug, pegos that can steal your asc gear and then glitch through the map after you kill them, i could go on.

You know what else is easy, you gullible shill? Identifying the many problems with the game and saying no to paid dlc when the main game is so unfinished and in many cases unplayable.

24 minutes ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Still unresolved duping, daily ddos attacks and servers dropping that weren't on the kill list, alphas spawning at 5x the usual rates, tuso still dumping dinos inside terrain, eels still coming out of solid rocks, players/structures being damaged through walls by wilds outside a metal hut(Lost a smithy full of goodies to that one yesterday), equus crafting bug, pegos that can steal your asc gear and then glitch through the map after you kill them, i could go on.

You know what else is easy, you gullible shill? Identifying the many problems with the game and saying no to paid dlc when the main game is so unfinished and in many cases unplayable.

they need money to keep servers afloat you wouldnt be complaining they spent all this time on a dlc if you didnt know there was a dlc just pretend it appeared out of nowhere and be done with it

On 9/4/2017 at 2:17 PM, nightmare2772 said:

You should have obviously expected what happened with legacy upon release, almost every early access game does the same thing in one way or another. Primitive + is not part of WC's Ark. Like ragnarok, its a mod that had enough demand to be ported over to the original game. You dont see Bethesda constantly updating other peoples Skyrim mods. Don't know what you expected. 

I just expected them not to lie to me, a paying customer who paid money for an unfinished game.  I don't expect gratitude, but honesty is a very low bar for any non scumbag to clear.

Now what does it say about them, or you, if you think that any reasonable person should have expected them to lie?  If that's the expectation, that Wildcard just lies to their customers, that it's just a essential part of their identity, then what makes them any different than a garden variety con artist or organized crime ring?

2 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Funny.. I dont have any of those issues on my servers! 

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

I just expected them not to lie to me, a paying customer who paid money for an unfinished game.  I don't expect gratitude, but honesty is a very low bar for any non scumbag to clear.

Now what does it say about them, or you, if you think that any reasonable person should have expected them to lie?  If that's the expectation, that Wildcard just lies to their customers, that it's just a essential part of their identity, then what makes them any different than a garden variety con artist or organized crime ring?

You nailed it... you paid half price for an ER game. IF you had paid full price and didnt get what you were promised, implied or otherwise, then you would have something to complain about!

2 hours ago, Albarian said:

Will they increase the base dino count?  Its all nice to add DLC and more tames but when you have to sprawl across multiple servers to have the eggers to support a moderate sized hatchery...

I dont seem to have any trouble running 5x the standard dino count! Its hilarious to see all of you crying about official servers when there are tens of thousands of other options. And most of those tens of thousands or other options have addressed all the things you are crying about! PLUS NO CHINESE! 

Archived