Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

4 minutes ago, SMooreAce said:

I dont seem to have any trouble running 5x the standard dino count! Its hilarious to see all of you crying about official servers when there are tens of thousands of other options. And most of those tens of thousands or other options have addressed all the things you are crying about! PLUS NO CHINESE! 

that does not help unofficial is even less stable then legacy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SMooreAce said:

You nailed it... you paid half price for an ER game. IF you had paid full price and didnt get what you were promised, implied or otherwise, then you would have something to complain about!

So as long as a company charges a higher price for a product later on, it's okay for them to lie to any one who bought it at the lower price?

Because I didn't pay "half price."  I paid the price it was being sold for by Wildcard. I knew it was unfinished, which is why I don't complain that I was playing an unfinished game.

But finished or unfinished, bought for a penny or bought for a million dollars, there is no excuse for lying.  None. 

Anyway, this is not a useful conversation, so I am done having it.  

17 hours ago, Shoosty said:

I just expected them not to lie to me, a paying customer who paid money for an unfinished game.  I don't expect gratitude, but honesty is a very low bar for any non scumbag to clear.

Now what does it say about them, or you, if you think that any reasonable person should have expected them to lie?  If that's the expectation, that Wildcard just lies to their customers, that it's just a essential part of their identity, then what makes them any different than a garden variety con artist or organized crime ring?

That's just it. You paid for an unfinished game. Sometimes a planned feature doesn't work out, sometimes it's too costly or would require extra resources best used elsewhere. I bought this game for 20 bucks. TWENTY. Thats a third of the price for any big game coming out, and it is constantly being worked on and updated with new content and fixes regularly FOR FREE (with exception of DLC) which is more than what could be said about most games and developers (I'm looking at you Electronic Arts). You speak as though WC gets together and discusses different ways they could screw over the community but that is simply not the case. Point is, dont feel entitled for $20 Early access game, anyone whose anyone should be able to tell you that.

6 hours ago, nightmare2772 said:

That's just it. You paid for an unfinished game. Sometimes a planned feature doesn't work out, sometimes it's too costly or would require extra resources best used elsewhere. I bought this game for 20 bucks. TWENTY. Thats a third of the price for any big game coming out, and it is constantly being worked on and updated with new content and fixes regularly FOR FREE (with exception of DLC) which is more than what could be said about most games and developers (I'm looking at you Electronic Arts). You speak as though WC gets together and discusses different ways they could screw over the community but that is simply not the case. Point is, dont feel entitled for $20 Early access game, anyone whose anyone should be able to tell you that.

Apparently reading comprehension or basic reasoning skills are in short supply.  I'm not talking about whether they dropped features.  I'm not talking about how long the game took to come out or how long certain bugs persisted.

I'm talking about LYING.  Wildcard promising that they would only wipe dead servers, that they'd give a month's notice, that they'd provide backups for downed servers, etc, and then within weeks of making those promises, breaking them without explanation, apology, or any consideration of their customers at all.

If you can't understand why that's a problem, then could you please PM me your personal information?  I'd love to sell you some valuable real estate for the low price of 20 dollars.

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

Apparently reading comprehension or basic reasoning skills are in short supply.  I'm not talking about whether they dropped features.  I'm not talking about how long the game took to come out or how long certain bugs persisted.

I'm talking about LYING.  Wildcard promising that they would only wipe dead servers, that they'd give a month's notice, that they'd provide backups for downed servers, etc, and then within weeks of making those promises, breaking them without explanation, apology, or any consideration of their customers at all.

If you can't understand why that's a problem, then could you please PM me your personal information?  I'd love to sell you some valuable real estate for the low price of 20 dollars.

Your crying about stupid BS on official servers!! That alone disqualifies most everything you are complaining about! You paid bottom dollar for an ER game and got exactly that... EARLY RELEASE! The nuked a bunch of pathetic servers because they were infested with garbage people.. GOOD FOR THEM! The offered a download of that server data, as you cry that they didnt! So now you can go play with yourself and not have to cry when you get wiped by the prior stated infestation.

NONE of which has anything to do with the OB... so make your own post to bitch and complain! Youre proving your lack of creditable hot air!

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

Your crying about stupid BS on official servers!! That alone disqualifies most everything you are complaining about! You paid bottom dollar for an ER game and got exactly that... EARLY RELEASE! The nuked a bunch of pathetic servers because they were infested with garbage people.. GOOD FOR THEM! The offered a download of that server data, as you cry that they didnt! So now you can go play with yourself and not have to cry when you get wiped by the prior stated infestation. AND... theres nothing to wipe on an empty server. So.... where exactly did they lie?

NONE of which has anything to do with the OB... so make your own post to bitch and complain! Youre proving your lack of creditable hot air!

5 minutes ago, Airlia said:

I'm not sure if this has been answered and it could just be a rumor but does one have to ascend to have access to this map?  Would really like to know this!

On official probably not, but in single player it looks like it'll require Alpha Acension. I know I'll be setting it up that way on my unofficial clusters as well.

On 13/09/2017 at 0:00 PM, Shoosty said:

That you ever expected that early access servers would last beyond release is absurd.  Was never going to happen and should have been obvious before you had even spent 1 second of time on the game.  The fact there are any legacy servers still running at all is just to dull the whining of people with unrealistic expectations.

The truth is early access servers were always going to be killed.  However some people can't comprehend that and Wildcard know it, so you end up with this convoluted "Legacy" to placate those delusional people who can't handle the truth.  If you think you've been lied to, then it was aimed at you.  Everyone else knew early access servers would never survive and played accordingly, then moved to the new servers when they were released.

I'd say Wildcard read their customer base fairly well and said what they needed to when they needed.  It was plainly obvious to me what was always going to happen, and I certainly don't feel lied to.

Guest chancho33015

So we find ourselves looking at this new great trailer called Aberration. Looks great, new dinos (monsters), and new game content such as weapons etc. However, the real question is," is that good for the game right now?" I think we all now the answer for this...NO. Right now Ark Survival Evolved is braking under pressure on their core official servers for many reasons such as: Dupping now has reached official, server stability is very poor, and obviously new content to an already problematic server cluster system  just means more problems to add to the pile. Perhaps, this is the beginning to the end of Ark Survival Evolved! Many things have to change over this coming months in order for Ark to survive - no pun intended. 

Many of us have played this game for over 5k hours on official expecting the official launch of a completed game...which was clearly not. The developers never prepared for the launch in terms of what amount of servers would be needed to provide service to the millions of new players that were going to come after purchasing the game, they didn't prepare in having everything fixed before launching it, but even worst everything they said on their official forum was practically a lie ("No server would be deleted"). 

I think we need a change in staff for this game... some people on the WC development team have to go and be replaced with more efficient people.

Clearly Ark Survival Evolved needs a better story. So far in Ark we know aliens or a more formidable race has us under some type of experiment...that is as far as we got in 2 years. I think it is needless to say that they need a better story driven writer to add to the  story.

Another problem to the game has is clearly that there are over 100+ dinos in which only 25% are useful. Which means players are wasting useful time in game while they could clearly be doing something much funner in the game.

Things get grindy on official...hours mining metal, hours taming, and hours wasted on preparing for bosses that are clearly just a DPS "Fu%^ fest"...for little to no reward. As i have mention before, Element gathering is not only a long process but killing the bosses brings 0 to no reward to a tribe. About 250 element is gotten from the hardest boss in ark which in terms means...only one tek transmitter can be built and maybe 1 set of tek armor after mutating for months (Real time) just to kill bosses. Is it balanced... clearly not. If a whole tribe is prepping for a month or a week to kill a boss on "Official" a lot more element should be rewarded for everyone to have fun!

Now, lets talk pve! Pve has its own set of issues in official...not being able to carry dinos, players able to build on caves where artifacts are on Ragnarok, and still to this day dealing with the pillar issue. Also, this stupid gamma option that takes the fun of  playing at night. If pve is going to be exiting is by allowing the player to survive by their own means at night too. Not by allowing the command to cheat at night. Takes all the drama away not to mention it renders the items used at night useless. 

PVE on the other hand...well...dont know where to start...but clearly tribes shouldn't be bigger than 10 people. Megatribes are the whole reason why people from pvp end up on pve...tired of getting F up after wasting hours of work. 

Last but not least, To ark developer...god dammit i love you guys. Don't get this wrong when players are going crazy on you guys...we are just seeing a great game slip right from your hands. Yes, we haven't been too nice lately....yes, we the "fans" are angry at you... but just know that is because we are seeing a great game fall on the floor hard head first. You guys have a few months if not a month to fix this mess before the survival of Ark...is at is end...and that would be a sad day. 

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I can't say I'm particularly interested in this. The zip line is nice but the fantasy creatures seem to add nothing really new to the game. Scorched Earth still needs a lot of work, hopefully they fix that before this gets released.

Fix? There's no fix incoming. Only DLC's. Minor tweeks here and there maybe , but no fixes. It's pretty clear WildCard doesn't care about selling a quality product, only care about having something to sell. As long as players are gonna buy their dlc's, they won't work on fixing anything, and if players stop buying the DLCs, they won't fix anything, they'll close the studio.

On 9/3/2017 at 6:25 AM, SpartanV327 said:

OK so I literally just saw the Ark Aberration trailer and the Rock Drake creature. I am very upset because I specifically asked the devs for a gliding creature that can latch onto walls. Which they give me, plus they make it invisible which is neat. But they lock it behind a DLC pass that I have to pay $20 to get, even after I paid $20 for Scorched Earth back when we were in early access! I feel like WildCard should give Aberration to everyone who bought scorched earth, back in Early Access, for free. Or at the very least give us a 50% discount. Right now it feels like Wildcard is punishing us for sticking by them for so long and buying SE DLC. I've seen Wildcard's community response and how they take feedback, so I'm hoping they will take my idea under consideration. 

you specifically asked? you sound like a very important person...

Need I remind you people ask for smaller things, like bug fixes and well...

They added megalania and thylacoleo for latching onto walls. You can glide with archaeopteryx. It s not 2 in 1 but...it still is doable.

Because you bought SE before, you get a discout now on aberration and expansion 2. Otherwise you would not get the discount and pay more for aberration.

You feel aberration should be given for free to everyone...because this is buy 1 hamburger get 2? Gaming industry doesn t work like this. It costs to "fabricate" such an expansion. it is exactly like an invenstment. Now they need to get their money back on the investment + profit. So give it for free? Such a big expansion can t be given for free. This is not communism with free stuff. This is capitalism.

Again, wildcard is not punishing you for buying SE before release, it is rewarding you with a discount, available only to those who purchased SE in EA.

Archived