Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

OK so I literally just saw the Ark Aberration trailer and the Rock Drake creature. I am very upset because I specifically asked the devs for a gliding creature that can latch onto walls. Which they give me, plus they make it invisible which is neat. But they lock it behind a DLC pass that I have to pay $20 to get, even after I paid $20 for Scorched Earth back when we were in early access! I feel like WildCard should give Aberration to everyone who bought scorched earth, back in Early Access, for free. Or at the very least give us a 50% discount. Right now it feels like Wildcard is punishing us for sticking by them for so long and buying SE DLC. I've seen Wildcard's community response and how they take feedback, so I'm hoping they will take my idea under consideration. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, SpartanV327 said:

Ok so I am correcting the post because they actually do have a discount. I'm just not smart enough to actually check the website before I start complaining. 

Wildcard, If you can make it happen, I still want to ride a gigantic flying squirrel

OMFG! LMFAO!

You know they didn't make it justfor you right? Also, they will probably never read this thread. ?

Just now, Cowgirl said:

There is a chance I am wrong here, no way am I claiming to be right, but if I understand it correctly the legacy servers (I am assuming you are on one since you have been here so long) wont be able to have the new stuff because we arent getting any servers in that cluster.

Wildcard has stated they will continue to give legacy all new content including patches & DLC.

Whether you're foolish enough to believe that is your call. ?

One thing that I realized after watching Kayed and Navin's stream the other day, is that transfers will most likely ruin WC's vision for Aberration. One of the major things with the DLC is that there are no native fliers on the map, instead you have gliding suits, the Rock Drake and other means of scaling the cliffs and traverse the cave system. I'm imagining that people will just transfer their fliers over and skip a lot of what would make surviving on this map difficult. Well, I guess they'll also transfer their gigas, rexes and whatnot and slaughter the nameless critters and I don't blame them (especially for official PvP where you have to be on top to stay competitive).

I think it's a real shame that this will most likely happen on the official servers. :/

13 hours ago, SpartanV327 said:

OK so I literally just saw the Ark Aberration trailer and the Rock Drake creature. I am very upset because I specifically asked the devs for a gliding creature that can latch onto walls. Which they give me, plus they make it invisible which is neat. But they lock it behind a DLC pass that I have to pay $20 to get, even after I paid $20 for Scorched Earth back when we were in early access! I feel like WildCard should give Aberration to everyone who bought scorched earth, back in Early Access, for free. Or at the very least give us a 50% discount. Right now it feels like Wildcard is punishing us for sticking by them for so long and buying SE DLC. I've seen Wildcard's community response and how they take feedback, so I'm hoping they will take my idea under consideration. 

I'm pretty certain they said it will be transferrable back to the other maps, which means you can still get one through a trade. You just wouldn't be able to go to aberration and get it yourself on your own time.

Archived