Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Looked pretty bad. Not even interested in the slightest. There wasn't anything really interesting shown at all. It's even worse that a mod looks vastly superior to the work of professionals. Dragonpunk: Tribe of Gods looks downright amazing. I am stoked simply to see more trailers for it. Shame it's coming out in 2018.

And bravo to the amateur devs for outperforming professionals! Keep up the great work!

Next month, not next year :) 

8 hours ago, BeardO said:

I was a little disappointed to be honest, it will be interesting to see if any of that stuff can come to the island.  They may very well keep it on that map and away from the island so modders can't add it to the base game this time.  We shall see.

Nope, modders will have access to the DLC, and they might put it on another map, so players that haven't got the DLC can enjoy the DLC content. Ah, I forgot to say, if the map is great, they might add it to official servers, so that people on official without the DLC will have access to that content for free, while others payed at least 20€.

8 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

*Sigh* You do know that EVERYTHING on the ark is made up right? They are all fictional subspecies 

not really , many of the dinos are true to their real life counterparts. Most of them are oversized in the game though, some are made up: Morellatops [Morellasaurus and Ceratops]

3 hours ago, Voidstar said:

not really , many of the dinos are true to their real life counterparts. Most of them are oversized in the game though, some are made up: Morellatops [Morellasaurus and Ceratops]

Ehhh. Theropod hands are inaccurate. (Not like I care but saying the dinos are true to their counterparts is wrong) 

In my opinion the release was a complete disaster. I saw and can still see Ark's potential but it is blocked by many obstacles such as lack of communication, large amounts of unfinished stuff such as bugs and frame rate issues, and an overflow of new content and it seems that all of these things are being crammed down the developer's throats and they are choking. Ragnarok just came out along with its bugs and issues and shortly after the release WHAM! Ark: Aberration reveal trailer! I'm not complaining or anything, if anything i'm super pumped, its just right now all I see is not a new DLC but a $20 crate of new problems and i'm pretty sure the developers see this as well. I'm happy to know a cool new DLC is coming out in October with another one coming after that but I feel that WildCard needs to slow down, take a breather, fix the problems at hand, and then get back on track as art cannot be rushed. Ark is an amazing game that I love and cherish and it pains me to see negative remarks about it but it pains me even more to see that the negative remarks are right. I just hope that WildCard can pull itself together so that they can truly care for the baby they made, Ark.

I don't think we can expect improvments in Wildcard's management, because nothing has been improved in that matter for last 2 years. The team knows each other pretty well, so something really terrible would have to happen to make them fire someone, thus mistakes and bad managment just carry on and no one is punished for its mistakes. Everything got delayed, communication was and is lackluster and developers for some irrational reason do not feel like using their own forum. As some people said it looked like they are sponsored by twitter. (Don't mention an excuse "because it is easier to use twitter". Using this forum from mobile phone is as complecated as using twitter).

As for lunch itself it was disaster. Not enough server on premiere, it was unclear when, if or how many servers will be launched. It looks like they just decided to not lunch as many servers as it could be after wiping some to save as much money as possible. Now they're looking for a sweet spot where there is enough space for players and the costs are low enough. In result the process is really slow, even though the failour of their automatic server launching system may be blamed.

I read today eurogamer.net review and they summed up issues that game has pretty well. Mejority of them are caused by Wildcard's feature creep and ignoring severe problems with content they introduced and then abandoned. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-01-ark-survival-evolved-review

14 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Looked pretty bad. Not even interested in the slightest. There wasn't anything really interesting shown at all. It's even worse that a mod looks vastly superior to the work of professionals. Dragonpunk: Tribe of Gods looks downright amazing. I am stoked simply to see more trailers for it. Shame it's coming out in 2018.

And bravo to the amateur devs for outperforming professionals! Keep up the great work!

...I have no idea what you're smoking but if you think Dragonpunk looked superior to Aberration it must be severely damaging your eyesight. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard any community member say since launch day.

21 hours ago, DisturbedKarma said:

When the DLC comes out just remember how they screwed all their early access players. I won't be buying anything else from them, Instead of announcing something to make up for screwing all of us they want to sell us more buggy junk.

I don't feel screwed. I do feel like people are being really whiny though.

Archived