Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lya said:

It looks nice, I love that pupper at the beginning of the trailer. :Jerblove:

I hope we will be able to transfer new animals from the new DLC to other maps, otherwise Im not sure I would play too much on it. 

I'm not sure the new things will be all too useful on other maps... They're all adapted for caves...

1 hour ago, Cloud24 said:

Of course we will find out if its good when it releases but right now it did not make me excited at all like scorched earth did...

Getting a dragon to use on your center or island server sounded amazing. In this 1 though the creatures they showed did not really look useful at all off of that map..

I was really hoping for a frozen earth DLC

Prob because there were no dino teasers to build the hype off of? idk, i thought it looked great, especially the rock drake.

40 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

Do you guys think we ll be able to go to the surface, like a deserted planet? Like space survival or something? Fight the bosses there? anyone?

That last view with space got me thinking

edit: ABERRATION...mistype

This ark the dlc takes place is a broken ark where the next part of the story will take place. Island is the first part. Then you ascend to scorched earth, then I'm not sure what happens but you go to the aberration ark.

You can see this in the explorer notes.

This new ark is also viable in the tek cave boss arena. If you look directly forward you will see it.

Looked pretty bad. Not even interested in the slightest. There wasn't anything really interesting shown at all. It's even worse that a mod looks vastly superior to the work of professionals. Dragonpunk: Tribe of Gods looks downright amazing. I am stoked simply to see more trailers for it. Shame it's coming out in 2018.

And bravo to the amateur devs for outperforming professionals! Keep up the great work!

10 minutes ago, Macrauchenia said:

Next expansion with normal dinos please, no made up creatures...

How normal are we talking? Like...do you still want to be able to knock them unconscious with arrows and stuff meat into their pockets until they trust you?

As for the DLC, I'm really excited to see what the Abberation thing ends up once in game...but thus far it looks really intriguing. This is the direction I was hoping Wildcard might go in with the platform they built. 

Im not talking about realism. I knowmost people are easily bought over with dragons and aliens, but I wished they just sticked with dinos and prehistoric animals, not these alien creatures. I dont mind alien weapons, just hate it that this game probably never gonna see tanystropheus, gorgonopsid or macrauchenia now.

27 minutes ago, Macrauchenia said:

tanystropheus, gorgonopsid or macrauchenia now.

But here is the problem with "Regular dinosaurs" they would have no special abilities that would make them worthwhile. 

Macrauchenia looks like a paracer but smaller. What would be its use? we already got something like 8 terrestrial transporters, why do we need another one?

Gorgonopsid are predators, like Wolves and Sabers, but what would make them special over those 2?

Tanystropheus has a long neck. That is about it. 

Archived