What I would change feature wise to make P+ Complete

johnm81

Honestly I wouldn't add any features. I would take away. Anything to do with gun powder. I would remove the cannon, muskets, flintlock pistols, gunpowder barrels, and sticky bombs. Make it so all materials can be damaged by catapults but to lesser amounts as you move up into higher tiers. I would also increase the health of structures by a factor of ten at a minimum.

This way raiding would be siege like. Taking long times and a lot of ammo to slowly wear down an enemies defenses. And in my opinion much more balanced.

What would you do feature wise to make P+ Complete?

I would agree if not for the fact that bosses exist and WC will need to address the issue of killing them on P+, which will probably mean another gun. To be fair, guns are complete poop in PvP, there is no issue with them IMO.
Barrels and especially sticky bombs should go. No one asked for another explosive, I have no idea why it was added.

Now for sieges. If you can damage something with catapult you can do it with battleaxe and picks, so unless battleaxe is fixed, nothing will prompt the use of catapults. The damage to structures can be 1 in 4 (thatch, wood, stone, metal), that is just the coding of ARK, there is no way to make catapults do damage to metal tier (brick) without changing the tier to stone, which would make tools do damage to it. And there is no way  to make structures from same tier take different damage from same source.

IMO barrels should stay. Expensive and tedious raiding equipment. The structure HP should go up (especially for vaults), safes should be same tier as brick not stone and for gods sake we need another passive defense besides plant x...
But them again, I don't think this all matters without good ORP system. Which does not exist.

Archived