Official Rag - Blocking artifact access: allowed or not?

Zed38

18 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

It does not address artifacts, nor does it address the new map ragnarok and it's ability to build in caves which contain artifacts.

"Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it)."

I would say so, yes

3 minutes ago, Hammond said:

"Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying another tribe access, may be a cause for action by a GM. A GM may ask you to move or relocate if your structure is negatively impacting a server (ie. you block off a large portion of the map so that other members of that server cannot access it)."

I would say so, yes

yeah i know that part, but it was written in 2015. I am specifically asking about Ragnarok.

Just now, TranqRex said:

Ragnarok is no different to any other ARK, the guidelines would apply to each and all.

Normally i wouldnt disagree, but ragnarok is quite a bit different. It's buildable.

I've tweeted Jen, and also DM'ed the rag devs to get an official response. Anything less is pretty much speculation and a waste of time all around :P

1 minute ago, Zed38 said:

yeah i know that part, but it was written in 2015. I am specifically asking about Ragnarok.

Assuming you're talking about pve then I see no reason to assume the rules are any different. You can build on waterways in any map just like you can build on caves in rag but blocking them entirely and preventing access is still ticketable. The whole point of the tickets is to prevent things that you CAN do but shouldn't. Build in a cave? yes sure but block it off entirely? No. Not cool.

Especially on rag as you need every artifact to summon the boss right? So if someone blocks the cave no one on the map can do the boss without their say so, you honestly think that's how they intended pve to work?

15 hours ago, Zed38 said:

Normally i wouldnt disagree, but ragnarok is quite a bit different. It's buildable.

I've tweeted Jen, and also DM'ed the rag devs to get an official response. Anything less is pretty much speculation and a waste of time all around :P

Let me know if you get a reply that indicates whether building in caves that don't have an artifact is acceptable.

i was the first person on a ragnarok new server and ran straight for the highlands waterfall cave and put thatch foundations at the entrance and we started putting a smithie, forge, etc on a couple of foundations inside and were leveling up to put a behemoth gate at the cave entrance, which is the perfect size for it and i know i've seen people on official servers have it gated since there is no artifact and it is buildable.

Before we could get any type of gate up, another tribe came in and started putting down foundations as close as they could behind our foundation behind us in what was left of the cave and pillared in front and around the cave and started making a big base right in front of the cave as close as they could so we couldn't put down any other foundations. we can't even put down more campfires because they built as close as possible to us.

We asked th why they were stealing our spot and they said they were there first so everyone in global chat would think they were the ones getting screwed.

to make it worse, they submitted a ticket complaining about us being there and putting up a gate and a GM deleted our gate and said you couldn't block cave access.

It isn't a cave with an artifact, and they put a behemoth gate inside the cave blocking off as much as they could, so how is that not also blocking cave access??

I don't know if that GM is friends with them, or if that GM thinks that is a standard rule that applies to all caves, even without an artifact, or if just because you can build in a cave doesn't mean it is actually "allowed"

Archived