New Pteranadon Behavior?

Weaseldog

10 hours ago, Antitheft2 said:

Having made the "J" mistake on multiple occasions, these days all our breeders and egg farm ("organised" animals that we've bothered to lay out in a particular way) are all set to ignore group whistles. Took ages to do, but has saved us a few hours re-organising everything a few times now.

Still have a few animals strategically placed around the base on neutral with all settings default just incase anything gets in and have had a couple of minor instances with spinos, carnos etc suddenly charging towards me when I pressed J by mistake, usually followed by me shouting lots of swear words and mashing the U button 

Yes I do that too xP, but overall I will never have a need to J whistle, I am very good at spyglass T whistling on the run while I'm kiting.

one thing I am a fan of is T whistling a bird them Y canceling the follow at the perfect moment so it glides to a stop with a jump mounting E :P

That's an awesome question.

Because it just happened again. This time my bird was on aggressive when i got it back.

I had previously set it to passive. So one of my tribemates might be messing with me.
Check to make sure your pteranodon isn't set to follow someone or something else. And carry a grappling hook just in case. That way if it flies away, you can just reel up to it and fly again.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:13 PM, Weaseldog said:

I've noticed lately that Pterandons have a habit of just flying away; for no obvious reason.

I'll land my ptera. go off, then Ptera will just lift off and fly away at high speed.

What is the thinking behind this behavior? How can I mitigate it?

My Pteras have not been doing this, as I just moved all of them to a new base this weekend.  Odd....

1 hour ago, Drinkinthepink said:

one thing I am a fan of is T whistling a bird them Y canceling the follow at the perfect moment so it glides to a stop with a jump mounting E :P

Yes, I believe that's an essential skill to master. So you can fly your bird, land, hop off and not have to worry about telling it to stay put again.

I've never had any issues with my birds, I tell them to ignore everything and stay put and they do, to their death.

23 hours ago, Currahee said:

Yes, I believe that's an essential skill to master. So you can fly your bird, land, hop off and not have to worry about telling it to stay put again.

I've never had any issues with my birds, I tell them to ignore everything and stay put and they do, to their death.

I found one essential component to whistles, is when you are hatching/breeding babies; you obviously have to kill off the weak, but if you murder the weakest babies in front of the strong babies with a revolver/sword style execution... the stronger babies learn not to disobey you and they tend to be a lot more responsive toward you whistle commands.

Archived