PC / Xbox Server hosting and cross play (UWP)

Blasta

Looking for some information (no other medium has worked so far, so here goes):

"Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console."

When is this happening? Is UWP part of the mid-September push back? When will we be able to download the UWP ARK on PC to be able to host our own servers and cross play?

This is what my tribe and I are waiting for before we return to the game, so please give us some answers on this!

On 31/08/2017 at 11:33 PM, Blasta said:

Looking for some information (no other medium has worked so far, so here goes):

"Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console."

When is this happening? Is UWP part of the mid-September push back? When will we be able to download the UWP ARK on PC to be able to host our own servers and cross play?

This is what my tribe and I are waiting for before we return to the game, so please give us some answers on this!

I want to know this as well as when you Google UWP it takes you to a creators page for Microsoft. I don't know what they mean by this, They should give us a little more detail on the Ark:UWP before anything else. I'm looking to make my own server for people to play on but really can't afford to go out and buy an Xbox just to host a server on it.

3 hours ago, MrsHunter said:

I want to know this as well as when you Google UWP it takes you to a creators page for Microsoft. I don't know what they mean by this

Afaik UWP stands for Apps/Games in Microsoft Store (Win10 Store). Also UWP sometimes means cross-buy between XBox and PC. This means if you buy a game in the Microsoft Store, you buy it for XBox and PC at the same time without any extra costs.

So I guess if there will be any cross-play between PC and XBox, then it will only be possible between UWP-Versions. This means Steam-Version will still be PC-Only. (ONLY A GUESS, NO OFFICIAL ANSWER)

On 04/09/2017 at 4:27 PM, McBane said:

Afaik UWP stands for Apps/Games in Microsoft Store (Win10 Store). Also UWP sometimes means cross-buy between XBox and PC. This means if you buy a game in the Microsoft Store, you buy it for XBox and PC at the same time without any extra costs.

So I guess if there will be any cross-play between PC and XBox, then it will only be possible between UWP-Versions. This means Steam-Version will still be PC-Only. (ONLY A GUESS, NO OFFICIAL ANSWER)

I shall look into this :) If i find out anything i shall tell you

• 3 weeks later...

Archived