My Crusade Against the Fog

Vanessa

10 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I like fog and heat waves because I am playing a survival game not Hello Kitty.

If you think the fog makes the game hard, you're wrong. It just makes it annoyingly unplayable. It would be nice to see the BS raptor pack approaching my Dire Bear. It doesn't need to be removed, just reworked.

2 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

If you think the fog makes the game hard, you're wrong. It just makes it annoyingly unplayable. It would be nice to see the BS raptor pack approaching my Dire Bear. It doesn't need to be removed, just reworked.

No it doesn't need reworked.  It is fine just as it is.  You don't need to see during a fog because that is what a fog does.  It blinds you.  Compromises you.  Makes you weak.  Gets you in touch with your mortality.  Forces you to adapt.  And if you really want the game to be easier - single player.

What I wouldn't give for a grotesquely foggy vampire game made by these ark devs.  That would freakn king it.

1 hour ago, Jemcrystal said:

No it doesn't need reworked.  It is fine just as it is.  You don't need to see during a fog because that is what a fog does.  It blinds you.  Compromises you.  Makes you weak.  Gets you in touch with your mortality.  Forces you to adapt.  And if you really want the game to be easier - single player.

What I wouldn't give for a grotesquely foggy vampire game made by these ark devs.  That would freakn king it.

I do think fog should obscure vision to an extent, but Arks fog, as it is, it raptoring ridiculous looking. And it affects the underwater portions of the map. How does that work? It doesn't make me weak it pisses me off. I already play singleplayer, doesn't make fog any less annoying. 

8 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Fog blinds you? What fogs have you experienced? Having lived in many foggy places I can say that fog rarely obscures vision closer than 30 feet. Even on a foggy moonless night you can still see. What adaptation is there to be had? Fog can, frequently, make it impossible to do anything at all. Which sort of defeats the purpose of playing a game. A game that is supposed to be fun. A feature that makes it temporarily impossible to play the game you are actively playing is absurd. 

All of your assertions are ridiculous. I'm no weaker in the fog than in broad daylight, no more compromised. Tweaked a little bit it might just do that, but there is no reason to go outside if I can't see. It doesn't challenge anything because it simply stops gameplay. If I need to mine metal I'm not going outside in the fog because I won't be able to find any metal to mine. I won't be able to see any dinos to tame. The things that make the game fun are officially off limits IF YOU CAN'T SEE THEM. 

Well with singleplayer or unofficial then there is option for using modding to help with fog. On Official if its pvp then it is a rather balanced mechanic(depends on the server and players), if its Pve then i can understand it to become annoying in some degree, i have learned depending on your graphic settings if you adjust the gamma to a lower setting 0.5 works for me, it allows you to see through the fog at the cost of the corners of your screen and hud being rather dark. I only keep it going till my screen suddenly starts to become very dark (fog is clearing up) then switch back to standard gamma setting. 

20180619223100_1.jpg

On 10/10/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jemcrystal said:

Sounds like you know fog only from movjews and games, not from rl.

If fog is like you describe where you live, I'm sorry for you.

I personally like the intensity of fog on ragnarok.

Would be cool if we had fog like low hanging clouds (annoying for people living high up and on flyers) and only very close to the ground, like the fog from the halloween event. If these three kinds of fog would alternate every time, that weather effect would be less annyoing. 

Archived