lvling

MarcD

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2017 at 11:17 AM, MarcD said:

what is the best crafting cycle to go through for lvling?

first thing to do is hit like 5-10 explorer notes as this will boost you to lvl 25ish right away. Next step is get set up with metal tools in a quiet spot. I prefer using north side of south 2 mountain or somewhere quiet  around south side of volcano ( this is island  and if your interested in center I don't really know and starting on SE is a death sentence  but, pretty much a quiet spot on a less used metal mountain to avoid detection early on) After that I would make your main things pike, pick , hatchet , X bow and a sickle is very important. I then run black sands or swamp to collect mad piles of hide and go into craft rafts . I usually go to other know survivor note locations as I gather enough hide to make about 5-10 rafts per note. This will work all the way up until lvl 60-70ish and at that point I try to get step up enough with a few dead drops  and try to make a few hidden carrot farms then off to the races to get some pteras. After that I just kill alphas until I get to a desired lvl usually 85 and at that point I get set up to run redwoods cave and just boost too lvl 100 from there. If you manage to get into a nice group and get established you can always run grinders and it will really help you boost fast.

As far as items worth while to craft

Wooden Raft: they give around 150 exp ea and with 2 times or a note 300 exp

Narcotics : they are fast and usful and even more so with a berry gather. This is a okay item to craft in a tribe setting where lvling right away isn't so much a priority but, is something that will still provided decent exp. 4exp per narcotic or 8 on double exp or with a note

Campfire: So when i first spawn with a new guy and I'm gathering notes to get to lvl 25ish these guys will help you as with the notes they will give 5 exp ea and it will really help build up the exp quick as they can be demolished for half your resource back and are super easy to craft with just stone tools for a extra boost.

using this method is a great way to get through your lvls if your solo playing and with the raft method I can get to lvl 60-70 in about 5-6hrs and after that the lvls really become a grind to build up so having access to tames and later game items like a chem bench or grinder can really help the process.

Archived