So, how are those fresh servers?

Irk

It is true, I was only able to join one out of the 11 OC servers when a single slot came up and when I logged in the entire map I explored was pillar spammed. 

This is shaping up to be the single worst game launch in history.

EDIT; What is going on here? Can't even make a new topic or reply to other posts, this is a serious case of censorship.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, ServerlessAussie said:

EDIT; What is going on here? Can't even make a new topic or reply to other posts, this is a serious case of censorship.

You are not being censored.  There is a daily limit of 4 posts for new users, until they become members.  It has been in place for a while and is designed to combat spammers and scammers, by slowing them down.

2 hours ago, ServerlessAussie said:

It is true, I was only able to join one out of the 11 OC servers when a single slot came up and when I logged in the entire map I explored was pillar spammed. 

This is shaping up to be the single worst game launch in history.

This forum did that exact same thing to me after my first post/complaint.

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

You are not being censored.  There is a daily limit of 4 posts for new users, until they become members.  It has been in place for a while and is designed to combat spammers and scammers, by slowing them down.

When I first signed up it did the same to me after only 1 post.

Every day I come home from work and log into ark, and every day I cannot play because all the servers for all the maps are full. Not just Ragnarock, but all of them. I played for a long time during early access, and luckily the Island map I spent most of my time on was made a legacy server, but not so lucky really, because you cannot transfer from legacy maps and legacy servers no longer get support. So if I want to play on a server where transferring is possible, I got to play the new maps, which means starting from scratch all over again. That or stay on legacy servers. The one I played on had only 5 people in it last I checked. Might as well play single player at this point. This game has been horribly mismanaged. 

21 minutes ago, StormLord said:

On the PVP NA servers, they seem to be running a lot more smoothly.

That's good, give it a few weeks and then I'd like to hear if they still are.  Once people are start getting quetz and brontos with platform saddles I suspect they will be the same as they always have been.  Hopefully they prove me wrong.

7 hours ago, Irk said:

I can't get in to a server just yet, but I'm wondering what's the state of all the new servers.

People have said that within a day of the servers being up, there would already be pillars spammed everywhere and huge land grabs. How is this claim holding up so far? Anything noticeably different this time around?

Well in all honesty, what do you expect. Like you I can't get on a server because they are either 70/70 or in EU (where ping is poopty). 

But when you and me finally both make it onto a server, it most likely will have bases and pillars everywhere because there have been people playing on them for at least 48 and now closer to 72 hours while we haven't logged in a single hour. 

On 9/1/2017 at 2:37 AM, Irk said:

I can't get in to a server just yet, but I'm wondering what's the state of all the new servers.

People have said that within a day of the servers being up, there would already be pillars spammed everywhere and huge land grabs. How is this claim holding up so far? Anything noticeably different this time around?

no difference. same as rag launch. spammed foundations everywhere blocking respawn.

expecting anything different would be foolish.

Archived