Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?

RxBilly

24 minutes ago, BeardO said:

Eh I agree with it being poopty from a CS standpoint, but it's a small studio and they are all pals so you won't see anyone getting fired over it.  If it was a large company without the friends and family hiring process yeah it'd be a reprimand or firing if it wasn't the first time.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though at this point.

That is an entirely fair point when dealing with a reasonable customer with a reasonable complaint.

What keeps getting overlooked is the fact that she was bluntly honest (and was in no way insulting) in replying to someone who made the accusation that a standard bug report form was simply a way to "get the customers to do the developers job".

I think we are all on board with how ridiculous that statement is, and understand that detailed player bug reports help to quickly verify and resolve the very real issues that are hurting everyones game experience.  Especially at a time when a large part of the teams attention is devoted to solving deployment issues.

The observation was both insulting, and pretty firmly puts that person into the "unreasonable customer" category.  To be completely honest, any company large or small has little patience with customers that are being purposefully unreasonable... and that usually leads to consequences for that customer that are far more permanent than a simple and accurate response.

The vast majority of complaints that we players have right now are perfectly reasonable ones, and we are being responded to accordingly... but don't lump someone who insultingly equates a bug report form with developer laziness into that same group.  That, my friends, is a whole different ball game.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ranger1presents said:

That is an entirely fair point when dealing with a reasonable customer with a reasonable complaint.

What keeps getting overlooked is the fact that she was bluntly honest (and was in no way insulting) in replying to someone who made the accusation that a standard bug report form was simply a way to "get the customers to do the developers job".

I think we are all on board with how ridiculous that statement is, and understand that detailed player bug reports help to quickly verify and resolve the very real issues that are hurting everyone game experience.  Especially at a time when a large part of the teams attention is devoted to solving deployment issues.

The observation was both insulting, and pretty firmly puts that person into the "unreasonable customer" category.  To be completely honest, any company large or small has little patience with customers that are being purposefully unreasonable... and that usually leads to consequences for that customer that are far more permanent than a simple and accurate response.

The vast majority of complaints that we players have right now are perfectly reasonable ones, and are we are being responded to accordingly... but don't lump someone who insultingly equates a bug report form with developer laziness into that same group.  That, my friends, is a whole different ball game.

My wife works in indirect lending and deals with car dealers all day long.  They are the banks customers (yeah you'd think it was the people that paid the loan but it's really both).  She get bagged on all day long with lies from them and has to deal with their poop.  If she is snarky back to them, she gets called into the office for a talking to.  Enough of those talks and she gets canned.  That's the way it works in the business world.  Right or wrong, that's the way it works.  Anything else is an excuse to justify those actions or words.  The only places I have seen it work differently is with small companies where it's a tight knit group.  They typically get away with a bit more because they are all friends. 

Point here is that when people say DILO at comments like she made and how does she still have a job...it's probably because they look at their job and know what would happen if they acted that way.

23 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

Only if you play single player, but you can use console commands to get around it.

playercommand Ascend2 ....i believe that is the admin code....to get to admin codes...hit Start...hold left and right bumper as well as X and Y...that will bring up the command prompt...type that command string exactly.

Can't say i'm pleased at all with this "launch". You'd think more planning would be made given the 2 YEARS it's been in development. But what was WC doing all that time? Adding a bunch of unnecessary crap and doing whatever they please. I don't buy the excuse that technical issues prevented a full launch of servers, 2 YEARS WC!!! Why didn't you just wipe ALL legacy servers and save yourselves some deep trouble... And now you've got hundreds and hundreds of people unable to play your game they purchased even after 3 days. But given Jeremy Stieglitzs' criminal nature i'm sure it's too much trouble to ask for some respectable game development. LOL

4 minutes ago, BeardO said:

My wife works in indirect lending and deals with car dealers all day long.  They are the banks customers (yeah you'd think it was the people that paid the loan but it's really both).  She get bagged on all day long with lies from them and has to deal with their poop.  If she is snarky back to them, she gets called into the office for a talking to.  Enough of those talks and she gets canned.  That's the way it works in the business world.  Right or wrong, that's the way it works.  Anything else is an excuse to justify those actions or words.  The only places I have seen it work differently is with small companies where it's a tight knit group.  They typically get away with a bit more because they are all friends. 

Point here is that when people say DILO at comments like she made and how does she still have a job...it's probably because they look at their job and know what would happen if they acted that way.

Please understand that I mean no aspersions at the position your wife holds in her company, but doing the job she is doing that is likely the correct way to deal with that situation.  That sort of thing needs to be escalated to a manager or supervisor who, if they are doing their job correctly, will point out any untruths, inaccuracies, insults to your wife, or unreasonable behavior... and deal with that behavior appropriately to protect not only your wife, but to also protect the interests of their company.

That response could vary from simply pointing out the truth of the matter (as in this case), or something as extreme as terminating the relationship with that other person as a customer.  I personally have been in the position of making that call many times.  I prefer setting the record straight and allowing the customer a chance to reconsider, but I have also often had the displeasure of inviting that customer to do their business elsewhere.  It's part of the job, and you can't function well in a position of authority unless you can make those decisions and follow through on them when necessary.

I hope you take my meaning, no disrespect is intended in any way.

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Please understand that I mean no aspersions at the position your wife holds in her company, but doing the job she is doing that is likely the correct way to deal with that situation.  That sort of thing needs to be escalated to a manager or supervisor who, if they are doing their job correctly, will point out any untruths, inaccuracies, insults to your wife, or unreasonable behavior... and deal with that behavior appropriately to protect not only your wife, but to also protect the interests of their company.

That response could vary from simply pointing out the truth of the matter (as in this case), or something as extreme as terminating the relationship with that other person as a customer.  I personally have been in the position of making that call many times.  I prefer setting the record straight and allowing the customer a chance to reconsider, but I have also often had the displeasure of inviting that customer to do their business elsewhere.  It's part of the job, and you can't function well in a position of authority unless you can make those decisions and follow through on them when necessary.

I hope you take my meaning, no disrespect is intended in any way.

No disrespect taken so all good.  All companies and managers are different, in her case, it's don't piss off the dealers so they send us more business.  So her dealing with the grief is part of the job.  Anyway getting way off topic here lol

I paid, I think $20 for this game, logged over a thousand hours and finally got into a Ragnarok server yesterday and got some grinding done.

Am I happy about the middle finger to legacy? No.

Am I happy about the awful release? No. 

But there's a bright side coming once WC gets all their ducks in a row. I was pretty pissed at first but now that I've thought about it, I payed 20 dollars for this game. So far, despite the setbacks, I am satisfied. 

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

detailed player bug reports help to quickly verify and resolve the very real issues that are hurting everyones game experience.  Especially at a time when a large part of the teams attention is devoted to solving deployment issues.

I can agree with this up to a certain point.... I play on legacy and as it has been made perfectly clear there will be absolutely no customer support on legacy servers then what are we supposed to do? Yes we could continue to file bug reports but why exactly? Since an argument can be made that legacy servers are a financial burdon in terms of recieving customer support from wildcards point of view then what is the incentive for legacy players to try and help wildcard? Granted this is a petty argument, but so is the way we have been getting treated. Stop ignoring us and actually remember who put the money in your pockets.

3 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

I can agree with this up to a certain point.... I play on legacy and as it has been made perfectly clear there will be absolutely no customer support on legacy servers then what are we supposed to do? Yes we could continue to file bug reports but why exactly? Since an argument can be made that legacy servers are a financial burdon in terms of recieving customer support from wildcards point of view then what is the incentive for legacy players to try and help wildcard? Granted this is a petty argument, but so is the way we have been getting treated. Stop ignoring us and actually remember who put the money in your pockets.

That discussion wasn't legacy server specific, it was concerning newly deployed servers in general for the most part. 

Also, do keep in mind that while legacy servers don't get direct customer support, they do still receive patches... patches which address bugs on all servers.  Bugs that are often identified and investigated based on those self same bug reports we are discussing.

1 minute ago, ranger1presents said:

That discussion wasn't legacy server specific, it was concerning newly deployed servers in general for the most part. 

Also, do keep in mind that while legacy servers don't get direct customer support, they do still receive patches... patches which address bugs on all servers.  Bugs that are often identified and investigated based on those self same bug reports we are discussing.

Yes I know, but players on legacy servers might experience a bug in the game that hasn't been reported yet and that brings me back to my query... since legacy will not be getting help with in game issues what is the point in legacy players filing bug reports? It's kinda like your boss coming in and saying hey your fired but would you mind sticking around and continuing to work for free?

3 hours ago, BeardO said:

Eh I agree with it being poopty from a CS standpoint, but it's a small studio and they are all pals so you won't see anyone getting fired over it.  If it was a large company without the friends and family hiring process yeah it'd be a reprimand or firing if it wasn't the first time.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though at this point.

they are a cheap money save studio. Invest money to het money. So invest in communication manager that knows how to answer in a proper way.

invest in a manager that can see if you close a lot of servers the player of this servers are going to play on new servers.  he can see that there coming new players, old plus new is alot of servers  need to be up and running on launch. he wil see that the player base will be mad if they can not play there paid game.

invest in a customer service that answers playsrs and solve problems.

invest in those points and your player base will invest in WC. then they can buy  a new tesla and crib that is bigger then before.

i will not buy any map our game from WC again. Had hoped it was all beter after launch but it is just getting worse.. lots i know stopped playing, i do not even want to try unofficial anymore.

ark is great game but WC management sucks and it will not get beter because the are to stubborn.

2 minutes ago, Carcajou said:

I mean there 70 player on the island and its running with no lag. To me this is something wort mentioning. 

Once people start getting big bases dinos amd etc. The lag will start to grow. Yes there was an improvement but not all of it was upgrading to better servers. Or allocating more server resources to the new clusters. 

13 minutes ago, powertrip9000 said:

Once people start getting big bases dinos amd etc. The lag will start to grow. Yes there was an improvement but not all of it was upgrading to better servers. Or allocating more server resources to the new clusters. 

sad but alpha are bad for the game and they kill population too. 

There is a lot to enjoy about this game but there are also far too many things about it that are completely underwhelming. The company itself is laughable, no better than C grade work ethic/integrity. I do have to say it's a good thing I bought it when I did brcause this is NOT a 60$ game to me. Wouldn't even repay the original 30$. In old school terms this is a 'just rent it' game lol.

1 hour ago, Dark2084 said:

Yes I know, but players on legacy servers might experience a bug in the game that hasn't been reported yet and that brings me back to my query... since legacy will not be getting help with in game issues what is the point in legacy players filing bug reports? It's kinda like your boss coming in and saying hey your fired but would you mind sticking around and continuing to work for free?

Things like that happen all the time but it's more like "You're fired but first train your replacement."

Which is actually kind of what we did. I mean all the information we've put up on the internet's being used by those players to get by. Haha.

I stopped filing bug reports a while ago. Why? Well for one there are still bugs in the game I filed reports for about 8 months ago.

Lets be honest we all drunk the Jeremy Kool aid that with 1.0 everything that frustrated us with beta ark would be fixed.

This has not been the case on Xbox trying to get into a server has been horrific and communication has been abysmal.

Remember that post about no transfers for 3 months? Yep that was a lie I transferred a character from New Server Island to New Server Ragnorak.

I have also heard anecdotally that servers are being DDOS'd.

Having said all that will I quit playing Ark? Absolutely not, I just had to remember who I am dealing with, and not drink the Kool Aid.

Just now, Odysseus20 said:

Having said all that will I quit playing Ark? Absolutely not, I just had to remember who I am dealing with, and not drink the Kool Aid.

pin that sentence on the frontpage! 2 years of ark gave me the same point of view

to the topic: not satisfied until i can play on either an island or center EU-PvE server, that is at least slightly below 35/70

Archived