Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?

RxBilly

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Customer service 101 also orientates the employee to understand that the customer is not always right (I should know, I've only ever had to work in 4 separate retail jobs growing up and each orientation always tries to hammer that point across).

I'm glad you have had that many jobs, but you should also know that with any cs job and maybe a little background in marketing, word of mouth is the best advertisement. If any brick and mortar business treated customers the way we have been treated for the past 2 years, they wouldn't have made it through the fiscal year. 

Most of us like the game, and I won't say that I haven't gotten my $ worth over the last 2 years but not having enough servers up on launch is, well for a lack of a better term, embarrassing. It's like taking that same brick and mortar store, opening it up, not having enough product, and then getting snippy/snarky or just being rude to the customers, and expecting them to come back, once you do have more. You think, for 1 minute, people would go back to that store? Nope.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, clumsynynja said:

LOL honey, but fired 1-0-1 states that getting an attitude with a customer is NEVER acceptable.   Period. 

Not really, personal g. It's one of those things rarely exercised by institutions but it falls in the clause of an establishment reserving the right to refuse service to a person. As crummy as this sounds, snark goes a long way in de-escalating an unwanted (like in say, a bar) patron's attitudes rather than making it get full on confrontational.

Now I'm not saying that that's what happens here, but what I am saying is that despite your presumptions, snark does have a place in service, even in dealing with customers.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BigRed1227 said:

Is this why you have had 4 different cs jobs?

I've had to move around a lot is why I've had 4 cs jobs  (terrible that I chose to give up planting roots to stay with people I care for but hey, not everyone can just not give a crap about people). But thanks for the assumptions.

13 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Because they are directly dealing with your customers. That's customer service 101. 

ummmm if you play on legacy you are no longer worthy of customer service. remember they made that very clear after first saying there would be support, then there wouldn't, then there would but it would be "low priority", until finally her royal majesty declared there would not because it would cost to much. wonder how much a tesla costs?

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

I've had to move around a lot is why I've had 4 cs jobs  (terrible that I chose to give up planting roots to stay with people I care for but hey, not everyone can just not give a crap about people). But thanks for the assumptions.

There were no assumptions, it was only a question. But since it was a snarky question, and seeing as how you reacted, I'd say you don't like it either

1 minute ago, Dark2084 said:

ummmm if you play on legacy you are no longer worthy of customer service. remember they made that very clear after first saying there would be support, then there wouldn't, then there would but it would be "low priority", until finally her royal majesty declared there would not because it would cost to much. wonder how much a tesla costs?

True, but how many tickets actually had support to begin with?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

There were no assumptions, it was only a question. But since it was a snarky question, and seeing as how you reacted, I'd say you don't like it either

What? Me not like when someone makes assumptions? Preposterous! Balderdash!

4 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

OUCH. 

You're not really in a spot to talk as you proved my point about snark having its place, Mr. "I'm not your personal google but hol up lemme google that for you real quick because you came at me with snark".

You guys could try not having such thin skin and learn to recognise a little sarcasm? Unprofessional? Yea. But I'd be willing to bet they are SLAMMED right now. I'd probably be a little snappy too. Be willing to bet you would be as well. Instead of finding everything wrong with the small team that created a great game concept and are working to perfect it, why don't you have a little patience and recognise they are human and make mistakes.

This community is entirely too critical.

8 minutes ago, TheShieldWolf said:

You guys could try not having such thin skin and learn to recognise a little sarcasm? Unprofessional? Yea. But I'd be willing to bet they are SLAMMED right now. I'd probably be a little snappy too. Be willing to bet you would be as well. Instead of finding everything wrong with the small team that created a great game concept and are working to perfect it, why don't you have a little patience and recognise they are human and make mistakes.

Hey! Stop that! Keep your words of reason to yourself! The back and forth in this thread is getting good. I've got my fingers crossed that clumsynynja comes back at ciabattaroll with a "yo mama" joke.

6 minutes ago, TheShieldWolf said:

Hahahahah that's a good one bro.

The community is not being too critical, they are being honest, Wild Card dropped the ball really hard. They've been procrastinating launching for so long in lieu of more content without fixing their game, and finally decide to launch it, and wreck even that? People are reacting appropriately. Remember No Man Sky? People reacted appropriately to that as well.

Put your white knight armor away, it's not needed here.

10 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

What? Me not like when someone makes assumptions? Preposterous! Balderdash!

You're not really in a spot to talk as you proved my point about snark having its place, Mr. "I'm not your personal google but hol up lemme google that for you real quick because you came at me with snark".

LOL  xDDDDDDDD

13 hours ago, Nowtarfu said:

Probably due to the vast differences in each games type and business plan.

They have no business plan, they are doing things ad hoc

13 hours ago, bysaRD said:

think there is a bigger issue at play. Understaffed IT guys, sweating to put up servers while management celebrates!

Totally right and that's main problem and root of all this mess

3 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

Jat can't do anything it seems..... oh wait, he is one of the bosses... I know, maybe he could HIRE people that can get the job done? Maybe instead of tweeting 90% of the things on his feed he could actually be stepping up and getting information to pass on to the people that PAID him for a finished, stable product that we still haven't recieved.

Dude just ignores problems, and continue to tweet about "next big thing in Ark". Why shouldn't he? He already have your money :) 

3 minutes ago, TheShieldWolf said:

thin skin... maybe, but when there was the huge "failed launch" event going on was it really the smartest thing in the world for members of wildcard to start retweeting other players screenshots and videos of them playing the game that a large majority of their other players had no access too?

ciabatta I would like to say thank you for the work that you do here. I know it can't be easy to remain unbiased (unlike one other mod here on the forums) but you somehow manage to do it and at the same time attempt to draw some of the heat off of the powers that be.

as for other comments made here... yes they are actually required to keep the people that they owe informed. I say "owe" because I paid for a functioning, stable game and they have not delivered that yet. I would also like to point out that depending on where you live there could honestly be grounds to seek legal action against wildcard for failure to deliver the product that you paid for. does that mean I think everyone should start thinking about taking said legal action... no, not at all but wildcard should remember that the second they accepted payment they entered into a legal, binding agreement and getting "snarky" might not be the smartest thing for them to do.

41 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Unprofessional, snarky, passive aggressive, uncalled for, generally not the way a community manager should EVER reply to a tweet.  She has also been liking many tweets calling anyone unhappy nasty names. 

Myself and quite a few others are in agreement that she is clearly unable to handle to role she has been asked to fill. 

Eh I agree with it being poopty from a CS standpoint, but it's a small studio and they are all pals so you won't see anyone getting fired over it.  If it was a large company without the friends and family hiring process yeah it'd be a reprimand or firing if it wasn't the first time.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though at this point.

1 minute ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

Also, why the limit with the obelisk when it comes to uploading items?

According to Jat & Jen it's part of the "anti-duping" system. I asked them both if that ment legacy servers had the anti-duping system but neither of them felt the need to respond to my question. So nice to know that unless you have chapped lips from kissing their nether regions they don't notice you.

Considering it's a great game that will continue to see support for the mid-long term of the game, yeah. I'm satisfied. Outside of the delays, I'm more than satisfied, as are most reasonable people who weren't expecting Wildcard to tailor Ark Official servers to the individual player's specifications. Meanwhile, salt farmers treating this game release like it was the worst crime of the century....seriously, there are angry customers who are freaking out to the point that I've now seen palyers comparing this game release to Holocaust concentration camps and the Trail of Tears. It's kind of crazy.

The reality is, this game is somewhere in the middle. It's not the best game ever released, and it's sure as hell not the worst. Ark, whether the rollout angered you are not, is one hell of a good game with replay value like no other non-RPG game I've witnessed or played. It's a game that allows you to literally make the game into whatever you want, which is awesome considering one of the most common complaints from naysayers is that Ark won't let them do what they want. 

But that's just me. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me just how wrong I am.

1 minute ago, Xxtheclashxx said:

With every update, i play this game less and less. Is it true that we need to ascend to get to Ragnarok as well now? Im almost to the point where im just going to let my base go because of my caring is not what it once was.

Only if you play single player, but you can use console commands to get around it.

Archived