Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?

RxBilly

9 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I think he is a bit confused.  There is a Season Pass that includes 3 DLC (SE and two new ones that will come out).  However if you already own SE the steam page will be one that reflects a discounted price, so that you aren't effectively being charged twice for SE.

Some folks seem to be a little confused by that.

The pricing doesn't help. If you own Scorched Earth it goes from $45 dollars US to $30 dollars US. Which means you're still effectively paying more if you already own Scorched Earth since Scorched Earth is $20 dollars US. Only a $5 dollar difference though but it means people would have saved money if they had waited.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there for zero hour, was a lovely time sitting for hours trying to join a map with my fellow tribemates so we could make something of ourselves. Ended up giving up and note running so I would be useful later, but my god, talk about screwing the pooch on not having a backup solution when your map/server generator goes down.

My brother and I re-started on a non-legacy server. Servers are always full, but with a bit of persistence you can get in. I had a bug where loading wouldn't go past snapshot10 or snapshot16. Had to google a solution and found one. Still had to deal with full servers, but eventually got in. The servers at over capacity are ripe with bullies and buttheads. Most of the time they can be ignored. My brother and I had a plan and knew exactly where we wanted to set up our first starting base on Ragnarok. He was the first person on the server and made it to the cave we wanted no problem. Threw down a few thatch foundations at the entrance soon as he hit lvl 4, about 20 mins or less, so it would be obvious we were going to set our base there. A couple hours later someone had entered the cave and set foundations in the back of the cave as close as they could to our own so we couldn't build any further back. Then proceeded to lay foundations all the way around as close as possible to the entrance. We confronted them about it in global and they feigned complete disbeliefe and said we had squatted on their claim, lol. Even if that was true why would a person foundation the back of the cave instead of the front? Anyway, we continued put up a wall on the portion we could build in and did not get into it anymore with them as it would be pointless. We have sealed off the cave entrance with a behemoth gate but the have beds in bak and keep resetting timers. We have sent in a ticket and are awaiting on response. I'm sure they can look back and see what structures were in place first so they should be able to sort it out. The horse taming seemed buggy to me. The horses were diving from the tallest cliffs and riding out into the ocean getting us both killed, happened to me 4 times, but my brother didnt have this problem, thank goodness lol. The servers seemed stable and lag was minimal. Occassionally the land seemed dino deprived but eventually more spawned. At this point I'd give them a 7/10. I'd love to boost that to 10/10 but they'd have to provide more servers so over population is not a problem and answer and resolve our support ticket in a timely manner. Overall not terrible but room for improvement. :)

Just now, CrackerJackx13 said:

Is it worth the full 60$? Would you get the expansion pass?

If I had to pay $60 for it I'd pass. Not enough content I find interesting. After how disappointed I was playing Scorched Earth and its "increased difficulty" I have absolutely no interest in their future DLCs so no. I wouldn't and will not get the expansion pass or future expansions. I am looking forward to that DragonPunk mod though.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Yep, bought SE for 24 local bucks, end up saving 18 on the season pass. Would've seriously saved more if I hadn't bothered buying it on release, and simply sat back and bought the "season pass" after.

16 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

The pricing doesn't help. If you own Scorched Earth it goes from $45 dollars US to $30 dollars US. Which means you're still effectively paying more if you already own Scorched Earth since Scorched Earth is $20 dollars US. Only a $5 dollar difference though but it means people would have saved money if they had waited.

I'm not really seeing your point.

There are very few things that I have purchased in the course of a long and often mis-spent life, that I could not have saved some coin on if I had just waited until it went on sale (or on a better sale).

Guest BubbaCrawfish
8 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

There are very few things that I have purchased in the course of a long and often mis-spent life, that I could not have saved some coin on if I had just waited until it went on sale (or on a better sale).

I for one would've bought the 'season pass' instantly if it was truly reflective of the fact that I instantly bought SE, but really it doesn't. It makes me effectively be paying, instead of the 54 bucks, over 60...

Satisfied is not the right word. I'm not satisfied with the way legacy players were treated or with the how consoles players had to wait hours to days to get on to play (is that still happening). Also not satisfied with the number of servers, nor the excuse for why they can't get more up quickly. "Our normal process isn't working guys!" come on WC at some point you have to get better than that.

However, as a PC player who was ready to make the jump to the new officials servers, once I was able to actually find an open slot on launch day, I have been having an absolute blast. At least for me, performance is much better since launch and overall comparing the game to what it was a year ago, its amazing how far WC has come with Ark. The fresh start and full servers has been very interesting to play through. No game has captivated me like Ark since childhood, and while it still has problems, it's gone in the right direction. An amazing game, and really the only thing like it out of EA despite all the issues.

The problem is that WC seems to do something facepalm worthy once a week plus at this point. Given that they're a smaller studio and working on a game concept that I'm enthralled by, I've always tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but we're at a point where they really need to stop making some of these "rookie" mistakes.

So satisfied, no. Excited by the current play and for the future, yes

1 minute ago, ranger1presents said:

How often does that happen with games though? Especially early access games that leave early access? Come to think of it, this is the first time I've ever seen content come out of early access and have a price DECREASE at launch.

It's kind of like buying a Game of the Year edition of a game but not getting all the content. Everyone expects lower prices in early access.

Archived