Are you Satisfied with the Official Game?

RxBilly

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

I can understand your argument, and I largely agree with most of it (especially the lack of lessons learned, communication and planning!). However remember GTA5 was in development for longer than ARK and Rockstar are a much larger company and developed it privately in-house. The difference is Wildcard chose to participate in Early Access, they could have easily done the behind-closed-doors approach.

Agreed.. Like i said they tend to do things backwards and expect the player base to be ok with it .. Its just so  disappointing.. 

14 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

What's the problem? Jat probably can't influence the provision of servers at this precise moment so he's just tweeting out some other news. He probably can't tell you anything of actual importance, other than "they're on the way!". If he gave a time and it was missed, he'd be ridiculed. He tweets about the music, he's ridiculed. If he stayed silent, he'd be ridiculed.

A serious question for the whiners (not directed at you Joanna) - is your life so void of anything meaningful that a day or so of no ARK makes it a crisis?

I can understand your argument, and I largely agree with most of it (especially the lack of lessons learned, communication and planning!). However remember GTA5 was in development for longer than ARK and Rockstar are a much larger company and developed it privately in-house. The difference is Wildcard chose to participate in Early Access, they could have easily done the behind-closed-doors approach.

I know.. But's that the problem, we don't even know if any are going to be created as they have not even responded to one enquiry about PC EU PVE Servers.   This is the most frustrating part..  Even if they came out and said there will not be any that's better than silence.

10 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

What's the problem? Jat probably can't influence the provision of servers at this precise moment so he's just tweeting out some other news. He probably can't tell you anything of actual importance, other than "they're on the way!". If he gave a time and it was missed, he'd be ridiculed. He tweets about the music, he's ridiculed. If he stayed silent, he'd be ridiculed.

A serious question for the whiners (not directed at you Joanna) - is your life so void of anything meaningful that a day or so of no ARK makes it a crisis?

Jat can't do anything it seems..... oh wait, he is one of the bosses... I know, maybe he could HIRE people that can get the job done? Maybe instead of tweeting 90% of the things on his feed he could actually be stepping up and getting information to pass on to the people that PAID him for a finished, stable product that we still haven't recieved. He likes the feel of power but he doesn't seem to want to use it to get his project completed. Oh and before it's said "what if nobody has any information to give him" do what any good boss would do... start firing people until somebody knows what's going on. There's a whole bunch of code monkeys that would love to have a job so replacing people shouldn't be a problem.

Hmmm, I can't go along with this being the worst launch ever... I seen far worse.  The topper wasn't a launch though, but it was one of the very first major updates for EVE Online.

Due to some ill advised coding their update managed to eliminate the Windows boot.ini file... rendering a persons computer completely un-bootable. 

After that, rough releases and updates don't really bother me that much anymore.  I just step back and relax until things get sorted, and I plan my in game activities appropriately in advance to facilitate that.

3 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Hmmm, I can't go along with this being the worst launch ever... I seen far worse.  The topper wasn't a launch though, but it was one of the very first major updates for EVE Online.

Due to some ill advised coding their update managed to eliminate the Windows boot.ini file... rendering a persons computer completely un-bootable. 

After that, rough releases and updates don't really bother me that much anymore.  I just step back and relax until things get sorted, and I plan my in game activities appropriately in advance to facilitate that.

Trinity :D

i've been in horrible game launches

empire total war

rome II total war (still gives me nightmares, i looked out for 8 years on a sequel for my most played game ever being rome total war)

no man sky (refunded)

the game itself, ark isn't that bad yes there are bugs, yes some poop sucks

what upsets people is that they get no chance to play, too few servers.

ark is a great game, with alot of potential, yet not "allways" used to th fullest

43 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

Jat can't do anything it seems..... oh wait, he is one of the bosses... I know, maybe he could HIRE people that can get the job done?

Incorrect.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sure Jat knows what's up. However he's also not under any obligation to give people a live feed as to what they're doing. When the relevant information is deemed to be for public knowledge, they'll release it.

3 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

In my opinion it is all their fault. They have little to no respect for the people that have been paying their bills. I sit here and I read people saying "it's not their fault, problems popped up, they're doing the best they can, blah blah blah". ETCETCETC

I agree with the whole post. But this is what happens when a company gets big and their game is popular. I remember the EA release. They were fixing stuff and adding things(singleplayer) without sleep for the first few days. And see 2 years later, they have a steady income, popular game and suddenly they dont have to care anymore about their customers. "Here is a handful of servers and tough luck if its 24/7 full"

2 minutes ago, Gasui7 said:

I agree with the whole post. But this is what happens when a company gets big and their game is popular. I remember the EA release. They were fixing stuff and adding things(singleplayer) without sleep for the first few days. And see 2 years later, they have a steady income, popular game and suddenly they dont have to care anymore about their customers. "Here is a handful of servers and tough luck if its 24/7 full"

It's not a steady income but it's a good one.  They don't want to make too much long term expenditure commitments.

6 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Incorrect.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sure Jat knows what's up. However he's also not under any obligation to give people a live feed as to what they're doing. When the relevant information is deemed to be for public knowledge, they'll release it.

According to his profile on the site he is also only 25 y/o. Most people have barely finished college at that point. the guy has helped create a groundbreaking game and while I hate the server issue as much as anyone else I can’t say I could have done it any better. 

11 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Incorrect.

True there is no obligation.  And yeah some people would like more information and others would just use it against them so it makes sense that they stay quiet a bit.  Sean Murray tucked himself away pretty good after the release of no mans sky so WC could definitely be doing worse.  Still, I maintain that good communication is what separates a good company from a bad one.

Well my last post was deleted so let's do this again WildCard is taking use the player and customer for a ride first of we still have a broken game that simple first year student could fix,  Still have not added enough servers so that a person isn't waiting a week to play on one of the maps, and Finally they want us to pay again for expansions after we already purchased.  So if you want your next exp you have to buy scorched earth again and if you already own it what do you get nothing but a copy of the game you cannot gift or even play because you not allowed to get 2 copys from steam so there goes another 50 bucks and there is another ?  what the heck are you guys thinking 50-60 bucks for an exp this is not WOW and your not blizzard your game is broke so bad we still have dinos falling through the world.  Also you customer support blows and I find it funny you have make appointment with GM just to have the GM cancel on you everytime way to take care of the customer.  I don't know about you guys but after buying a expansion that was broken and now they want us to buy it again just to get the next ones I think is enough to cause the major players of the game to quit. I mean look how many people opted out and got there money back yesterday if I knowed this I would have took the option you know why because you guys are not worried about fixing the game you just want the money.   PLEASE READ STEAMS SALE ON SCORCHED EARTH BEFORE REPLYING 

Here is something interesting... Their big release after two years... Not one bit of a spike in players. So they royally piss off all the new network people with lack of servers. They piss off the legacy people by lying to them breaking transfers and leaving them high and dry blindly deleting their servers thus deleting player characters and dinos. Not a good way of doing things...

Capture.GIF

5 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Well my last post was deleted so let's do this again WildCard is taking use the player and customer for a ride first of we still have a broken game that simple first year student could fix,

No, a first year student is not able to fix the outstanding issues.
If you're going to start any discussion like this, then there's really not much of a discussion to be had actually.

6 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Still have not added enough servers so that a person isn't waiting a week to play on one of the maps

They are actually closing servers to get rid of the deserted ones. New people are going to be joining servers where people are actually playing.
The majority of players that I know actually run their own servers, and I'm pretty sure that people coming to the game now is because they are being referred by friends. Meaning they will have a place to play and feel welcome.

7 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Finally they want us to pay again for expansions after we already purchased.  So if you want your next exp you have to buy scorched earth again and if you already own it what do you get nothing but a copy of the game you cannot gift or even play because you not allowed to get 2 copys from steam so there goes another 50 bucks and there is another ?  what the heck are you guys thinking 50-60 bucks for an exp this is not WOW and your not blizzard your game is broke so bad we still have dinos falling through the world.  

Oh wow, a company trying to make money because they officially launched and are recognised as a decent game.
By what kind of logic does getting a free copy even make sense?
When I purchase a car that's being sold at a discount because it's a prototype, what company is going to give me a second free car when they worked out all issues?
You knew in advance you were getting into a pre-release of the game, and you had enough chance to get the game cheap at 15$ or less back then.
Want to NOT deal with issues and testing, then yes you're going to be paying the retail price for it.
And please give me one single game that is 100% bug free.

9 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Also you customer support blows and I find it funny you have make appointment with GM just to have the GM cancel on you everytime way to take care of the customer.  I don't know about you guys but after buying a expansion that was broken and now they want us to buy it again just to get the next ones I think is enough to cause the major players of the game to quit. I mean look how many people opted out and got there money back yesterday if I knowed this I would have took the option you know why because you guys are not worried about fixing the game you just want the money

Yes the GMs are absolutely out to get you.
Do you also have any facts/statistics to back up your refund claims?
They have been fixing the game, for quite some time, and did a good job at getting rid of bugs.
Did they fix everything? Nope, they will keep working on things.

inb4 fanboi

I think he is a bit confused.  There is a Season Pass that includes 3 DLC (SE and two new ones that will come out).  However if you already own SE the steam page will be one that reflects a discounted price, so that you aren't effectively being charged twice for SE.

Some folks seem to be a little confused by that.

11/10: Playing the game, new character. Wake up on a sandy beach only to get violently mauled by a raptor. Restart again, chasing dodo's only to rage-quit later on because of a pack of Troodons. Took a break cause of the rage. Then came back with a giant club to smack the crap out of a dodo to feel better. After a while finally build a base, life is going great. Too good apparently according to my neighbourhood T-Rex.

Play the game with the following in mind:

• Bug exists, both in the game and in the code
  • You will die at some point. The sooner you accept this, the less the rage will be.
  • Ark's Law: If you can get screwed over in this game, it will happen twice.

9 minutes ago, Olivar said:

11/10: Playing the game, new character. Wake up on a sandy beach only to get violently mauled by a raptor. Restart again, chasing dodo's only to rage-quit later on because of a pack of Troodons. Took a break cause of the rage. Then came back with a giant club to smack the crap out of a dodo to feel better. After a while finally build a base, life is going great. Too good apparently according to my neighbourhood T-Rex.

Play the game with the following in mind:

• Bug exists, both in the game and in the code
  • You will die at some point. The sooner you accept this, the less the rage will be.
  • Ark's Law: If you can get screwed over in this game, it will happen twice.

well said.

Archived