The Mysterious Countdown Becomes More Mysterious...

CyanicEmber

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Shebaden said:

Dug into the loop.mp4 file. Seems like there is something called "Aberration" is coming?

Hide contents

<rdf:Description
       xmpDM:projectName="Aberration Reveal"
       bext:originationDate="2017-08-29"
       bext:originationTime="15:45:14"
       bext:umid="6DA5EC593113417CA80967CF579EB7D9"
       bext:timeReference="0"
       xmpMM:InstanceID="7bf73e1c-6393-45aa-0e59-27c20000008a"
       xmpMM:DocumentID="5e46a37b-eb00-6a27-1a88-2aa30000005d"
       xmpMM:OriginalDocumentID="xmp.did:c381696a-6313-7141-ac47-572a3e2c64b0"
       xmp:MetadataDate="2017-08-29T16:57:08-07:00"
       xmp:ModifyDate="2017-08-29T16:57:08-07:00">

the meaning of aberration is as follows -

noun
the act of departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
the act of deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type.
deviation from truth or moral rectitude.

Or it could just be an ocean, not necessarily sub-terranean. Actually, that's what it probably is. See, the Island houses almost every terrestrial biome found on Earth. The only one that was missing, the desert, was the focus of SE, and the developers have two more releasing! One on Friday, the other in the Spring. The ocean is the only place left to turn, which makes me wonder what is planned for the last one... Will it be horrible because they ran out of ideas? Will we get to see the native planet of the aliens which allegedly dropped the survivors on the ARK, or an elaborate system of tunnels, or maybe a group of islands in the sky? Who can say?

1 hour ago, PhantomtheRanger said:

the meaning of aberration is as follows -

noun

the act of departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
the act of deviating from the ordinary, usual, or normal type.
deviation from truth or moral rectitude.

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well because the game doesn't have aliens... The we've game shows is that it's an evolved version of us running the ArK's.

Maybe there are aliens, and these two things are connected.

11 minutes ago, LightningMcKeane said:

Maybe there are aliens, and these two things are connected.

maybe there are, however i'm not sure if i really want the next dlc to be alien based. After all the game is primarily about dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. I just feel having you survive against aliens would maybe ruin it. I also wouldn't like a map on the moon, i just think it would be a little boring

15 minutes ago, PhantomtheRanger said:

maybe there are, however i'm not sure if i really want the next dlc to be alien based. After all the game is primarily about dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. I just feel having you survive against aliens would maybe ruin it. I also wouldn't like a map on the moon, i just think it would be a little boring

I don't either, but the Island is kinda mixed between prehistoric and modern creatures now, and Scorched Earth was more focused on modern and mythical creatures. Maybe one of them could actually have a pre-historic focus! That would be cool. And there was a total conversion on the moon that ended up failing so yeah the moon would be a bad idea.

40 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Did you guys miss ''ascenscion'' or didn't pay attention.

We on arks have been put there by aliens...a DLC that would bring us back into space is like real life Earth going from year 1000 straight to mars exploration.

but you're fine from going straight from the stone age to 20xx or 30xx?

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

Did you guys miss ''ascenscion'' or didn't pay attention.

We on arks have been put there by aliens...a DLC that would bring us back into space is like real life Earth going from year 1000 straight to mars exploration.

Actually, I paid /very close/ attention.

Check out this thread and it's comments. It's a concerted effort by many players to figure out what exactly is going on based on what we see in the end game and the translations of the ARK Code...

Aliens were never involved. ;)

3 hours ago, Deadpool00012 said:

I agree with you there, but if you look inside of the Defense Units i'm pretty sure they are aliens with a tek shell put on by future us.

Nope, they're robots. Look a little deeper into the end game rooms. There's centuries of history supporting my conclusion... And a few other things, like the word "Evolved" in the game title.

1 hour ago, LightningMcKeane said:

but you're fine from going straight from the stone age to 20xx or 30xx?

I think it will still be a very primitive environment based almost entirely in the cave beneath the ARK's surface. But Tek will play a huge role in end-game and progression.

Initially, I had the same concerns as you, but, if I am right... Wildcard is about to pull off a seamless blend of primitive survival and high technology in a low atmosphere/space-like environment.

Archived