Jump to content
BIGGEST ARK SALE ON ALL PLATFORMS EVER! Read more... ×
CyanicEmber

The Mysterious Countdown Becomes More Mysterious...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Awakatanka said:

the space map is sponsored.. so think that one will come

Wondered about that... Didn't all the social media and website etc get deleted for that? ARK Moon Survival I think it was called?

A lot of speculation that the modders seem to have just abandoned it, but perhaps they're in on the big Sept 1st reveal after all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

So I'm sure everyone has noticed that www.playark.com/a/ has changed significantly.

Previously the flashing lights were blue, they appeared to be diffusing through water, and the ARK logo looked to be covered in algae...

Now they're purple, there is nothing covering the logo, and there are creatures skittering around in the dark.

I thought for sure it would be the Oceanic Expansion, now I just don't know. I am certain it is related in some way to the forum's new Dark Theme though. The timing is impeccable. Perhaps my earlier theory of a Horror-themed Subterranean Ocean is more accurate than I thought?

What are you guys expecting at this point?

 

Well im expecting...Umm .. what ever it is that comes in game as new content will cause more bugs/crashes to deal with, then more whining on the forums and why-o-why the ARK gods are so unfair to us (the players) cause it will be probably something nice but we wont be able to play with it. (take ur hopes down a notch guys)

I hope i cleared  "the exciting mystery" for a lot of folks here :P .. ( Honestly at this point i just wish they stop bringing in new stuff and deal with the old issues first )
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

So I'm sure everyone has noticed that www.playark.com/a/ has changed significantly.

Previously the flashing lights were blue, they appeared to be diffusing through water, and the ARK logo looked to be covered in algae...

Now they're purple, there is nothing covering the logo, and there are creatures skittering around in the dark.

I thought for sure it would be the Oceanic Expansion, now I just don't know. I am certain it is related in some way to the forum's new Dark Theme though. The timing is impeccable. Perhaps my earlier theory of a Horror-themed Subterranean Ocean is more accurate than I thought?

What are you guys expecting at this point?
 

Its gonna be a space expansion on the destroyed Ark I bet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeoSeb said:

A destroyed or faild Ark could be possible, too. I mean the whole biome controlling mechanics faild and the ark itself get dark or corrupted by

night creatures or so.

 

 

48 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Its gonna be a space expansion on the destroyed Ark I bet

Yeah, maybe this is about this ARK we see at the end of the Tek Cave :

Spoiler

3ERLVGn.jpg

With spyglass :

0mulAA6.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest fr0st

At the end of the final boss fight you see a destroyed ARK. On this website, at first the Ark A had pulsing blue colors. Now those colors are purple. Notice how there are specifically blue and purple colors on the two tek mega structures holding together this damaged ARK. Could this just be a coincidence?

Assuming it is the destroyed ARK, there could be mutated failures of recreated dinos and other creatures.

There are also what appear to be troodons scurrying about, but the eyes are too spaced. You can clearly hear scurrying on a hard surface as well, which in my view throws the underwater theory out the window.

In the past Jeremy had mentioned a DLC with a horror element. I would wager that this is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe that is creatures scurrying around tbh. Watch the motions. They are eyes on a jerboa, or at least the same movement pattern that they make when they are sitting in one place looking around and scratching their heads. idk about the rest of it, but that was instantly noticeable to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually. I think you're all onto something. There's a reason that was the only Ark shown to us that wasn't either a copy of The Island or Scorched Earth. And the colors do match...

Ark: Shattered Sky Expansion

xD

Previously I had thought a space theme would be disjointed after The Island and then Scorched Earth... But if they go with that destroyed ark that has the atmosphere stripped from it's surface and creatures thriving primarily below ground in caves and subterranean oceans it could be amazing... It may actually work. And horror elements could be easily incorporated in that sort of environment...

 

 

Edited by CyanicEmber
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

Actually. I think you're all onto something. There's a reason that was the only Ark shown to us that wasn't either a copy of The Island or Scorched Earth. And the colors do match...

Ark: Shattered Sky Expansion

xD

Previously I had thought a space theme would be disjointed after The Island and then Scorched Earth... But if they go with that destroyed ark that has the atmosphere stripped from it's surface and creatures thriving primarily below ground in caves and subterranean oceans it could be amazing... It may actually work. And horror elements could be easily incorporated in that sort of environment...

 

 

Wow, you are much better at names than me. I suggested a DLC would be an ocean/water world and be called: ARKhipelago 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shebaden said:

Dug into the loop.mp4 file. Seems like there is something called "Aberration" is coming?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

<rdf:Description
       xmpDM:projectName="Aberration Reveal"
       bext:originationDate="2017-08-29"
       bext:originationTime="15:45:14"
       bext:umid="6DA5EC593113417CA80967CF579EB7D9"
       bext:timeReference="0"
       xmpMM:InstanceID="7bf73e1c-6393-45aa-0e59-27c20000008a"
       xmpMM:DocumentID="5e46a37b-eb00-6a27-1a88-2aa30000005d"
       xmpMM:OriginalDocumentID="xmp.did:c381696a-6313-7141-ac47-572a3e2c64b0"
       xmp:MetadataDate="2017-08-29T16:57:08-07:00"
       xmp:ModifyDate="2017-08-29T16:57:08-07:00">

 

Dude that may very well be the title of the DLC.

 

Ark: Aberration

Could also explain the 'a' in the link address.

 

Could work.....

Edited by Jagaro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×