We were promised something?

Drattz1971

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope he phoenix, and make and KEEP it scorched earth exclusive

my stomach still hurts, to see all the other scorched earth dinos in a FREE map ragnarok

i mean DILO?

what's the point of selling the dlc anylonger then, if everyone can enjoy the same content (same map-aspects, and same tames) for FREE.

ps: where are the EU pve scorched earth servers? we have 3 so far, 1 for asia, 1 for north america and 1 for oceania.

what about europe?

3 servers!!!!!!!

ragnarok, yet again a free map, has more servers then a PAID DLC

Just now, DragonEnchantress said:

Well it said the 30th lol I was watching for the update all day because I'm sad they didn't give us it when originally promised xP

it will come to scorched earth, untill the ragnarok babies will whine long enough for it also to appear there

ripping yet another "exclusive" content from a paid dlc, to further insult those who bought it

yet the ice wyvern, something ragnarok exclusive, only appears there and can't be transfered?

i'm utterly disgusted by such practices

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

it will come to scorched earth, untill the ragnarok babies will whine long enough for it also to appear there

ripping yet another "exclusive" content from a paid dlc, to further insult those who bought it

yet the ice wyvern, something ragnarok exclusive, only appears there and can't be transfered?

i'm utterly disgusted by such practices

It couldn't be uploaded because it wasn't uts,own model. The new look of it cane paired with the ability to transfer, or so the patch notes suggests that lol I agree, I too was frustrated at the SE stuff on a free map and think the Phoenix better remain exclusive. But I'm currently playing on SE with our server and tbh, it's better than ragnarock can make their desert area because it's more in depth. Was ragnarock gonna have the storms as well? 

Just now, DragonEnchantress said:

It couldn't be uploaded because it wasn't uts,own model. The new look of it cane paired with the ability to transfer, or so the patch notes suggests that lol I agree, I too was frustrated at the SE stuff on a free map and think the Phoenix better remain exclusive. But I'm currently playing on SE with our server and tbh, it's better than ragnarock can make their desert area because it's more in depth. Was ragnarock gonna have the storms as well? 

i played on 714, untill they closed it 

now i play on 694 so ye my main base is in SE

and i have no clue, i hope not. i don't allways like the sandstorms etc, but they are what makes the gameplay unique, you have to adapt to the weather more then on other maps

11 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i hope he phoenix, and make and KEEP it scorched earth exclusive

my stomach still hurts, to see all the other scorched earth dinos in a FREE map ragnarok

i mean DILO?

what's the point of selling the dlc anylonger then, if everyone can enjoy the same content (same map-aspects, and same tames) for FREE.

ps: where are the EU pve scorched earth servers? we have 3 so far, 1 for asia, 1 for north america and 1 for oceania.

what about europe?

3 servers!!!!!!!

ragnarok, yet again a free map, has more servers then a PAID DLC

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but anything released on paid DLC that is included in the dev kit is free game for map makers and modders to include in their maps/mods (which is how Ragnarok got all of the SE dino's and engrams included in the map when they were still an unofficial map). So unless something changes in that regard, I wouldn't pay for any more DLC. Even if they keep the phoenix an SE exclusive, if its included in the dev kit, the modders will bring it to unofficial servers and maps. 

1 minute ago, raptorjesus666 said:

i played on 714, untill they closed it 

now i play on 694 so ye my main base is in SE

and i have no clue, i hope not. i don't allways like the sandstorms etc, but they are what makes the gameplay unique, you have to adapt to the weather more then on other maps

Yeah I enjoy having to be alert for the storms, it keeps you on your toes lol But my main reason for asking is because the Phoenix only shows up during the super heat wave storm so I feel that it's a required aspect to have them lol

1 minute ago, yzerman said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but anything released on paid DLC that is included in the dev kit is free game for map makers and modders to include in their maps/mods (which is how Ragnarok got all of the SE dino's and engrams included in the map when they were still an unofficial map). So unless something changes in that regard, I wouldn't pay for any more DLC. Even if they keep the phoenix an SE exclusive, if its included in the dev kit, the modders will bring it to unofficial servers and maps. 

Modded will use it, indeed. But the fact that they brought it to an official ark map with paid DLC content and let it remain free was the aggravating part. I don't play modded, my server is always vanilla (with better rates) so mods don't even get brought up in topic for me cuz I brush them aside lol

Just now, yzerman said:

not all games are like that

i am a modder on total war: warhammer

if a fzction pack dlc is releashed, it's locked for those who don't purchased it. they are only a.i controlled. that also means that any player made mods, that uses models from said lord or faction pack won't work, as the access to those data is restricted

so no, it's not impossible to hide dlc behind a "paywall"

it's not fair, that's all it is.

everyone should demand his money back, as only 1 person needs to buy it (we could each donate 0.01 euro to the modder) he buys the dlc alone, turns it into a mod, and then the whole community enjoys the content

howlong would you give it before they make the change as i described above

it's a rip-off, the moment they turned ragnarok into an official map (even though it's not made by them) they took the responsibility, yet decided not to do anything

sorry, no understanding for such

2 minutes ago, DragonEnchantress said:

Modded will use it, indeed. But the fact that they brought it to an official ark map with paid DLC content and let it remain free was the aggravating part. I don't play modded, my server is always vanilla (with better rates) so mods don't even get brought up in topic for me cuz I brush them aside lol

Thing is, Ragnarok wasn't always an "Official" map, and charging for a map that thousands were already playing is just not good practice. 

@raptorjesus66 - "not all games are like that"

We aren't talking about "all" games. We are talking about ARK. I understand how modding other games works. I was specifically referring to ARK. When ARK DLC is released - they simply throw it into the ARK Dev Kit, and people use that to create mods/maps from the new content. Unless that changes, paying for DLC for this game is a waste of money.

6 hours ago, Jtmorris said:

Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. 

They must be banging their heads against the wall trying to please this community. Did you read the comments? 

Jeremy tries to tease a surprise and bolster some enthusiasm. He is them met with nasty snide comments about how they waste time with frivolous things instead of fixing bugs and getting servers up. At this point he's doomed. If he reveals it, and it's not a magic fix all, then people bring their pitchforks. If he says "nah forget it, ungrateful jerks" then the others come at him for not delivering on another promise. 

Best he can do is ignore and press on to do what he wants. 

But I'm excited for new stuff. 

Nasty/snide remarks? This is day three and still not enough servers/zero Rag servers for legacy. Those people on twitter are just trying to get WC to stop running off to conventions and fix their game. At this rate it will be WEEKS before most of us will be even able to find a server not completely full. 

special snowflake? what type of person are you

you think i feel entitled, because i purchased something while others don't? i'm not entitled, i'm a customer.

the ones entitled are you, who "want" the same content for free

might want to look definitions up

i bought scorched but i don't feel  that elements of that dlc should be locked behind a paywall forever............. sure let dlc be exclusive for a time then let parts of it be enjoyed by the masses just b4 the next dlc comes out which will drive game enjoyment up and help retain playerbase . if feel it's good for the overall health of the game.

Just now, IamTANK said:

i bought scorched but i don't feel  that elements of that dlc should be locked behind a paywall forever............. sure let dlc be exclusive for a time then let parts of it be enjoyed by the masses just b4 the next dlc comes out which will drive game enjoyment up and help retain playerbase . if feel it's good for the overall health of the game.

no

name me a game where the dlc became free

no

name me a game where the dlc became free

the dlc isnt free......... the map still costs money. just because some of the creatures are available on another map does not = free dlc.  and what about people who didnt buy scorched and traded on official to get wyverns and such? u think that shouldn't be allowed ? if it wasn't the the dlc turns into pay2win 

15 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

the dlc isnt free......... the map still costs money. just because some of the creatures are available on another map does not = free dlc.  and what about people who didnt buy scorched and traded on official to get wyverns and such? u think that shouldn't be allowed ? if it wasn't the the dlc turns into pay2win 

the content of the dlc can be enjoyed for free, how is that not free dlc? how does ragnarok not make scorched earth obsolete? especially when they are also working on expanding the map, with the same deserts and the likes as INSIDE the dlc?

"some of the creatures" also wrong, ALL of the creatures. name me 1 who can't be found in ragnarok.

"and what about people who didnt buy scorched and traded on official to get wyverns and such?" make them not tradable then, if ice wyvern is not tradable (boohoo muh ragna exlusive) then why should the others be, or make it only transferable from scorched earth to scorched earth, immediatly removing your pathetic "pay to win"

no it's not pay to win, and also not free to play ;)

1 hour ago, Bassplayer said:

Nasty/snide remarks? This is day three and still not enough servers/zero Rag servers for legacy. Those people on twitter are just trying to get WC to stop running off to conventions and fix their game. At this rate it will be WEEKS before most of us will be even able to find a server not completely full. 

Yes. Nasty and snide. 

1. This is a game. 

2. They are working on fixing the problem. 

3. They are human and don't deserve to be treated like that. 

Period. 

3 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

Awww,  poor baby. D: 

I'd feel bad for him if WC hadn't dug itself into this situation. I'd feel bad for him if his team hadn't earned the anger and ire of the community on their own merit. 

it is DAY THREE after full release, and I STILL AM UTTERLY, 100%, COMPLETELY UNABLE TO PLAY ARK ON THE MAP I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY ARK ON because WC released TWENTY SEVEN Xbone Rag servers. Twenty raptoring seven. At full release. 

On release day, they were more than TWENTY HOURS late with live servers at all. 

They are frequently incompetent, and now Jen is behaving unprofessionally and rudely on her twitter to make matters worse. She fully deserves to be demoted or disciplined.  

Oh I don't disagree that they have dug their own hole. I was just pointing out the "impossible to please everyone" place they are in. 

Wow 20 hours without playing? Man that's the worst mistake anyone has ever made. Unacceptable making players wait like that. Who do they think they are? Don't they realize that most people paid a whopping $20-$40 for this game? OH THE INJUSTICE! 

8 minutes ago, Demigod said:

i don't think you know what an expansion pack is lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_pack

how is scorched earth not an expansion pack AND a stand-alone?

how is your map pack for titanfall, an expansion pack?

you might want to edit this wiki, and put in your own definition ;)

3 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Oh I don't disagree that they have dug their own hole. I was just pointing out the "impossible to please everyone" place they are in. 

Wow 20 hours without playing? Man that's the worst mistake anyone has ever made. Unacceptable making players wait like that. Who do they think they are? Don't they realize that most people paid a whopping $20-$40 for this game? OH THE INJUSTICE! 

I mean, knowing that they delayed the relase 20ish days, delaying again is pretty meh, really?

Archived