How to Bronto proof a base on PVE?

Super Fab

I'm trying to bronto proof my base from a butthurt tribe that seems hellbent on driving me out of the server (Official PVE) completely. They successfully wiped out nearly all my dinos but I had kibble and another tribe neighbor saw the other tribe purposely draw a spino into my base to kill them so they donated a few dinos and helped me tame a few more. They suggested I move to the south beach area, which I did.

Problem is, the enemy tribe decided to use a high level bronto to do the similar thing at the beach.. the base only consisted of wood at the time. Now it's stone with a lot of wood spikes all around so a low level bronto would likely die before being able to kill any of my dinos. But these are likely teenagers / kids that refuse to let anything go so I imagine if they see a high level bronto or they can get a spino over the hill, they'll try again.

So my question is: What are tips you have to completely bronto proof a base for a mid level player that doesn't have enough time to farm for metal spikes? 

Thanks!! 

The bronto cant damage stone... I dont think, I had a fight with one yesterday at my base.

My base is stone and high walled but iv been using thatch inside the walls as scaffold, the bronto swiped its tail, didnt damage the walls at all but did a little damage to a few wood foundations (ill need to get that upgraded) and it smashed nearly all the thatch ceilings id used inside the walls as scaffold.

with griefers tho, once they see you setting up stone you can expect to see an alpha being pulled to your base these people have a strange idea of fun.

44 minutes ago, Jackobite said:

With griefers tho, once they see you setting up stone you can expect to see an alpha being pulled to your base these people have a strange idea of fun.

That's a really good point. All the griefers need to do is get some fliers and guide the alpha to your base then land on the roof or behind the walls. The Alpha will tear your base apart trying to follow.

Have you considered raising a ticket with Wild Card?

• Volunteer Moderator

Record it and report them.  Apparently, sometimes, WC will ban griefers like this.

But, you need to build a barrier or buffer zone around your keep that the bigger dinos cannot get through or over.  It does not have to be a solid wall.  For example, columns connected by ceiling tiles can keep a bronto away from you base, and a alpha rex, if you make it out of metal.  You could then, between each of the columns, put down a single fence foundation and a single wall, and then raptors and carnos will not be able to get through.

Normally, you would do 1 column(4 tall), 3 tiles, and then attach another column back down to the ground on the third tile, rinse, and repeat.

However, if at the third tile you used a cheap wooden column, built out two more, and then put in your metal column, the two metal columns would be able to support all 5 tiles(the 2 they are attacked to and the 3 times the run between them).  Then, you could either leaven the wood column or demolish it and reuse the resources.  Finally, you would put down a 1 wall high fence in the between he column or around the entire inner perimeter.

Also, you can look at getting plant X going.  You need fertilizer, large crop plot, and plant X seeds, which you can find in the swamp.

• 1 year later...

Archived