Can't join any official servers, new or legacy

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My guess is that when you have the same address this address may be blocked. i also do have a dynamic IP but it never changed since January. Keep in Mind, at this Point this is  just my speculati

Posted Images

Still getting "connection timeout".

Connecting from: USA

Internet: Netgear Aircard 781S LTE mobile hotspot from AT&T

IP Address: 10.3.186.39

Connecting to any official server. Home server NAPS4OfficialPVPRagnarok355

side note: my connection is NAT type 3 and I cannot change it. I know this is not ideal but I have been able to play ARK throughout early acces on this connection and have only run into this issue after official release. 

• Administrator
On 15/09/2017 at 10:56 PM, JCumbiero said:

Dunno what is happening im still unable to join official servers, i tough that this would be fixed with the patch when i read @Jat tweet but no. 

IMG_2447.PNG

This was related to something else, but will happen once a week when we force a respawn on our servers  (there's a lot junk data which it'll have to clear out, and that can take a while before allowing people back on). As for this connection issue, we're still looking into it. Once we have an update, will keep you posted. 

• Administrator

A long shot, but is anyone here who is suffering connection issues from Germany and using a Fritz!Box modem? Getting data for this specific issue is hard as it's through the PS4, but that router comes with some diagnostic capabilities which would help on our end. Out of curiosity, do any of you have a PC and have you tried connecting to our Officials there? If you're having a similar problem, we would certainly be able to diagnose the issue much quicker. 

3 hours ago, Jat said:

A long shot, but is anyone here who is suffering connection issues from Germany and using a Fritz!Box modem? Getting data for this specific issue is hard as it's through the PS4, but that router comes with some diagnostic capabilities which would help on our end. Out of curiosity, do any of you have a PC and have you tried connecting to our Officials there? If you're having a similar problem, we would certainly be able to diagnose the issue much quicker. 

I only play on PS4 but I can offer you this. I believe it's related to my NAT 3. I use an LTE hotspot and it doesn't allow me to change NAT type. I know this is not ideal, but I was able to play early access with no trouble. When I use a different internet source with NAT 2, I'm able to log in with no issues. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, RobbyDigital said:

I only play on PS4 but I can offer you this. I believe it's related to my NAT 3. I use an LTE hotspot and it doesn't allow me to change NAT type. I know this is not ideal, but I was able to play early access with no trouble. When I use a different internet source with NAT 2, I'm able to log in with no issues. 

When you say you can offer me this, do you mean you have access to a computer? Yes, we've spoken about that. If you're able to reproduce this issue with your LTE Hotspot on our PC, it will help us when diagnosing this problem. 

8 hours ago, Jat said:

When you say you can offer me this, do you mean you have access to a computer? Yes, we've spoken about that. If you're able to reproduce this issue with your LTE Hotspot on our PC, it will help us when diagnosing this problem. 

Sorry, I don't have access to a PC with ARK. I can only offer you information about my connection that may or may not help you. 

18 hours ago, Jat said:

Sorry but i don't have a digital copy for pc just have the ps4 i know it's hard to find what's going; if ican give you data just from my pc ask without a doubt. In other words if your servers are banning consoles or internet connections it's hard to know i hope someone could help you to fix this issue that has been for a long time

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ExquisiteMisery said:

I have updated my xbox one to the current build, I will check tonight to see if I can log on with that, I will also update my pc to the current build and check that for you as well.

Great, let me know about the PC and if it repros there, it will be a lot easier to diagnose.

3 hours ago, RobbyDigital said:

Sorry, I don't have access to a PC with ARK. I can only offer you information about my connection that may or may not help you. 

No problem, the info is appreciated.

2 hours ago, JCumbiero said:

Sorry but i don't have a digital copy for pc just have the ps4 i know it's hard to find what's going; if ican give you data just from my pc ask without a doubt. In other words if your servers are banning consoles or internet connections it's hard to know i hope someone could help you to fix this issue that has been for a long time

If you have access to a computer that can run the game, I can get you in touch with someone on Nitrado's networking side, and we can get the game running to see if there's a connection issue.

8 hours ago, Jat said:

Great, let me know about the PC and if it repros there, it will be a lot easier to diagnose.

No problem, the info is appreciated.

If you have access to a computer that can run the game, I can get you in touch with someone on Nitrado's networking side, and we can get the game running to see if there's a connection issue.

My pc can run the game, let me know what i need to do i'll be waiting for your instructions 

I get that too for example I join server 25 pve scorched earth and I time out at maybe around 19/70 or 12/70 sometimes even at 40/70.. and as it times out I just can't join the server anymore for half hour or so cuz if it's looking for servers and sometimes it says no server found and it stays like that for 20 mins or so..

Hey @Jat, I thought of a way you might reproduce this 'connection timeout'. Try using your smartphone's personal hotspot feature and connect the PS4 to it. I'm on the AT&T network but it's worth trying with other networks too. See if you can join PS4 servers. This is essentially my setup, except I'm using an actual hotspot instead of my phone. 

Edited by RobbyDigital

Same here on PS4 Pro:

• Switzerland
  • Cable Network 250 Mbit/s NAT2 DMZ all traffic allowed / LTE Hotspot both tested NAT3 from provider (swisscom)
  • IP 151.248.209.197
  • Only Unofficial Player Dedicated Servers are connecting. everything else gets a Timeout -> Official, Legacy, PC Dedicated. It loads a bit then the Screen returns to the Session List and after a few seconds/minutes it says timeout.
    Tried joining via Join button
    Tried joining via friendlist
    Tried joining via invite
  • Deleted Ark, save data and configuration files
  • fresh install from the store
  • same issues
Edited by cyberrambo
More information
46 minutes ago, cyberrambo said:

Same here on PS4 Pro:

• Switzerland
  • Cable Network 250 Mbit/s NAT2 DMZ all traffic allowed / LTE Hotspot both tested NAT3 from provider (swisscom)
  • IP 151.248.209.197
  • Only Unofficial Player Dedicated Servers are connecting. everything else gets a Timeout -> Official, Legacy, PC Dedicated. It loads a bit then the Screen returns to the Session List and after a few seconds/minutes it says timeout.
    Tried joining via Join button
    Tried joining via friendlist
    Tried joining via invite
  • Deleted Ark, save data and configuration files
  • fresh install from the store
  • same issues

I'm also using PS4 Pro. I haven't mentioned that before. Could it be the common denominator? 

49 minutes ago, RobbyDigital said:

I'm also using PS4 Pro. I haven't mentioned that before. Could it be the common denominator? 

So i tried on my normal PS4 and i could connect to the server using LTE but not Cable.

On the PS4Pro it sometimes loads now after i created a character on the normal PS4 when i am connected via LTE

on the Firewall i get dropped Packages with the trigger: Invalid_Traffic 

Here is a snippet from 1 drop:

2017-09-19 23:28:13 0102021 IP 192.168.87.11.63695 > 52.42.97.4.443 : proto TCP:
 F 3424997828:3424997897(69) win 1026 checksum : 43559                          
0x0000:  4500 006d edf4 4000 4006 9fb4 c0a8 570b  E..m..@.@.....W.              
0x0010:  342a 6104 f8cf 01bb cc25 51c4 64c6 469b  4*a......%Q.d.F.              
0x0020:  5019 0402 aa27 0000 1503 0300 4062 babc  P....'......@b..              
0x0030:  7a8d 307d a07a 7298 0d5d 645b a108 7651  z.0}.zr..]d[..vQ              
0x0040:  8101 da09 2476 5b06 c239 bd66 6806 c3dc  ....$v[..9.fh...              
0x0050:  6e52 4097 3a80 bf83 61ce c831 2766 491f  nR@.:...a..1'fI.              
0x0060:  06c1 e6ae 7a37 98d7 ba16 3d3d 75         ....z7....==u                 
Date=2017-09-19 Time=23:28:13 log_id=0102021 log_type=Firewall log_component=Inv
alid_Traffic log_subtype=Denied log_status=N/A log_priority=Alert duration=N/A i
n_dev=Port1.4 out_dev= inzone_id=0 outzone_id=0 source_mac=bc:60:a7:a9:57:dd des
t_mac=00:01:2e:6c:ee:6f l3_protocol=IP source_ip=192.168.87.11 dest_ip=52.42.97.
4 l4_protocol=TCP source_port=63695 dest_port=443 fw_rule_id=0 policytype=0 live
_userid=0 userid=0 user_gp=0 ips_id=0 sslvpn_id=0 web_filter_id=0 hotspot_id=0 h
otspotuser_id=0 hb_src=0 hb_dst=0 dnat_done=0 proxy_flags=0 icap_id=0 app_filter
_id=0 app_category_id=0 app_id=0 category_id=0 bandwidth_id=0 up_classid=0 dn_cl
assid=0 source_nat_id=0 cluster_node=0 inmark=0x0 nfqueue=0 scanflags=0 gateway_
offset=0 max_session_bytes=0 drop_fix=0 ctflags=0 connid=0 masterid=0 status=0 s
tate=0 sent_pkts=N/A recv_pkts=N/A sent_bytes=N/A recv_bytes=N/A tran_src_ip=N/A
 tran_src_port=N/A tran_dst_ip=N/A tran_dst_port=N/A 

Port1.4 is the VLAN where my PS4Pro is whitch is a DMZ VLAN with an allow all rule so normaly no drops should appear. 

The IP 52.42.97.4 is an amazon Cloud Server IP Address. so i guess it is where the Server is

So i tested a little with my PC. i have absolutely no Problem connecting to Any Server on PC.
I could connect with my old nonstop crashing PS4 with LTE to the Nitrado Server and Official Servers
I could ONE TIME! connect with the PS4Pro and LTE to the Nitradoserver not on Official (i guess because i already had a character there)
I CAN NOT connect to any Server EXCEPT Player Dedicated ond my PS4Pro with Cable

Honestly it feels like December 2016 where i started with a few friends and my PS4 as a dedicated server (this is why my PS4 is kind of broken, its just not made for 24/7 over 7 Months)

@Jat I have an Sophos XG Firewall with logging capabilities. Let me know if you or your team needs any Logfiles. We also could make a Teamviewersession while i am in front of the PS and have the Console of the Firewall open.

I realy would love to Play the game after a 2 Month pause. But i have no chance to do so :(