If you could choose one dino to start

carsonmatthies

If you could choose one dino to start off, complete with a saddle, with what would you choose? I think I would probably go with a quetzal just because you can use it to gather (carry) resources better than most animals and you can use it to pick up most animals. I would love to hear everyone's opinions on what they would prefer to start out with.  

20 minutes ago, carsonmatthies said:

If you could choose one dino to start off, complete with a saddle, with what would you choose? I think I would probably go with a quetzal just because you can use it to gather (carry) resources better than most animals and you can use it to pick up most animals. I would love to hear everyone's opinions on what they would prefer to start out with.  

who needs a quetzal to "carry" when you have an obelisk/supply drops to transport

if i could chose, i'd go for eitger of these 3:

150 mantis

150 theri

150 megatherium

why? because they are awesome and do the task of multiple dinos

all 3 can gather fiber, thatch,wood,hide,meat

power theri among the best wood/meat gatherer there is

mantis, the best crystal gatherer there is, also better then doedi for obsidian. mantis can do all!!

megatherium for thatch and boatloads of chittin to make paste

but deffo mantis nr 1

2 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Good strat, but the frog won't help you get other tames like the Argy will. ?

True...but the Argy won't help you knock out tames you lead into traps like the Frog will.

I go with a frog first, then use it to grab a Trike/Stego, Dimo, Carno, Anky, Doed, and Argent. Usually in that order or close to it. (This is unofficial with 3x-8x we're talking here...I'm not touching Official with a 10 foot pole for at least a week or two.

16 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

True...but the Argy won't help you knock out tames you lead into traps like the Frog will.

I go with a frog first, then use it to grab a Trike/Stego, Dimo, Carno, Anky, Doed, and Argent. Usually in that order or close to it. (This is unofficial with 3x-8x we're talking here...I'm not touching Official with a 10 foot pole for at least a week or two.

Interesting. I always go trike & dilo pack first. Then start power levelling with narcs, gunpowder, stimulants & building. Then it's right to the Petro & Argy, metal run, Rex's. ?

57 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Interesting. I always go trike & dilo pack first. Then start power levelling with narcs, gunpowder, stimulants & building. Then it's right to the Petro & Argy, metal run, Rex's. ?

This, trike is what I always go for first.  With it I can get all the narcos I need to start taming other dinos.  Plus the knock back makes it a good fighter in the beginning.

6 minutes ago, BeardO said:

This, trike is what I always go for first.  With it I can get all the narcos I need to start taming other dinos.  Plus the knock back makes it a good fighter in the beginning.

Yup, Trikes still the best early mount. Dilos get way underestimated too. They're fast easy tames, and a large pack will take almost anything out. I always build a pack for early game meat. Usually get most killed eventually, but they serve their purpose long before then. ?

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yeah, that's how most people I know do it. My method comes from staying SUPER under the radar when rolling solo on high-rate PvP servers. There's a slower ramp-up time for leveling off the start, but once you have those 5 dinos you level insanely fast. Force of habit now.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Yeah, that's how most people I know do it. My method comes from staying SUPER under the radar when rolling solo on high-rate PvP servers. There's a slower ramp-up time for leveling off the start, but once you have those 5 dinos you level insanely fast. Force of habit now.

PVP I want off the ground ASAP so I can scout good hiding spots.

Archived