Comming Back after 6 months

Psyny

Hello!

I havent played Ark for about 6 months... Now the withdraw is taking over and I need some updates on what changed, can anybody give me some hints?

Most of the questions will have a little complain about the game. But don't get me wrong... The game is great, i just want to know if the things that annoyed me most is still there.

1) Any singleplayer improvements?
1.1)Back in the days caves had a respaw bug in SP... 
1.2)The building cost of some equipments was intended to fit in a MP economy. The solution in SP was to increase the gathering rates, but that caused a lot of trouble managing inventories.

2) Any breeding system improvements?
In the past we had to cage tow dinos close together so they could breed... That caused a lot of trouble:

2.1) Dino heads and tails ugly cliping across the walls used to cage them
2.2) Entering the cage to get the egg was more a fight against the geometry than anything else
2.3) To sum it all, good breeding was more about glitches to make the dinos stay where you want and the the eggs drop where you want...

Many suggestios were given to improve the situation. Leashes being one simples and effective... Or anything regarding limiting the distance that the dino could roam from a point.

3) Dino command improvements?
Any additions to customize the Tamed Dino behavior? ( stay out of combat while health is low, etc )

4) Dino AI improvements?
Having to constantly count your pack to check if any dino stayed behind "glitched" in a rock,  a tree or whatever was really, REALLY annoying.

5) Building improvements?
We have a better building system or we still have to rely on glitches ( some might insist to call it "technique" ) to build something better than a cubic structure?

Thanks in advance!

Forza probably doesn't know what he's talking about.

1. Yes they have made improvements, they have been working hard on the SP mode in recent months, caves spawns were fixed, cost wasn't changed but you could always download mods that make items stack more and reduce their weight.

2. No but, if that helps, what I do is have dinos on follow, activate wandering and spam U to make them stay in place. When done, reactivate follow and cancel wandering

3. No

4. No

5. Not for the moment, devs have stated that they are looking to implement some part of S+(stucture plus) in the game, so far it's not in yet but If you like to build and play only SP, I would recommend getting S+, it's an amazing mod for building

22 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

1. Not really. Its a MP game after all

2. Some fixes for exploits like water breeding. Feeding issues with Troodons has been fixed and dinos in general eat less then before

3. No

4. No

5. No

Thanks!
1. Yes... but advertised as having singleplayer options

22 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Forza probably doesn't know what he's talking about.

1. Yes they have made improvements, they have been working hard on the SP mode in recent months, caves spawns were fixed, cost wasn't changed but you could always download mods that make items stack more and reduce their weight.

2. No but, if that helps, what I do is have dinos on follow, activate wandering and spam U to make them stay in place. When done, reactivate follow and cancel wandering

3. No

4. No

5. Not for the moment, devs have stated that they are looking to implement some part of S+(stucture plus) in the game, so far it's not in yet but If you like to build and play only SP, I would recommend getting S+, it's an amazing mod for building

Thanks very much!

I'm on PS4 ( far as I know: no mod support ), I wil hold on for a little longer.

23 hours ago, Psyny said:

Hello!

I havent played Ark for about 6 months... Now the withdraw is taking over and I need some updates on what changed, can anybody give me some hints?

Most of the questions will have a little complain about the game. But don't get me wrong... The game is great, i just want to know if the things that annoyed me most is still there.

1) Any singleplayer improvements?
1.1)Back in the days caves had a respaw bug in SP... 
1.2)The building cost of some equipments was intended to fit in a MP economy. The solution in SP was to increase the gathering rates, but that caused a lot of trouble managing inventories.

2) Any breeding system improvements?
In the past we had to cage tow dinos close together so they could breed... That caused a lot of trouble:

2.1) Dino heads and tails ugly cliping across the walls used to cage them
2.2) Entering the cage to get the egg was more a fight against the geometry than anything else
2.3) To sum it all, good breeding was more about glitches to make the dinos stay where you want and the the eggs drop where you want...

Many suggestios were given to improve the situation. Leashes being one simples and effective... Or anything regarding limiting the distance that the dino could roam from a point.

3) Dino command improvements?
Any additions to customize the Tamed Dino behavior? ( stay out of combat while health is low, etc )

4) Dino AI improvements?
Having to constantly count your pack to check if any dino stayed behind "glitched" in a rock,  a tree or whatever was really, REALLY annoying.

5) Building improvements?
We have a better building system or we still have to rely on glitches ( some might insist to call it "technique" ) to build something better than a cubic structure?

Thanks in advance!

Run away, quickly, save your sanity ;)

Archived