Launch Update

Jatheish

37 minutes ago, hoJoeBlowMo said:

I am nearly done the first 23 gigs (10min) 

I think 9 gigs after that and I have fully re-downloaded and installed. Doubt it will work, but I will let you know. 

Asked a friend on XBox, all is "good" there. (In terms of our problem) so it is a ps4 issue only atm. 

Update*

So the first round of 22Gigs finished, now working on 12 additional gigs.

I was able to actually load unofficial server list for about 5-6 seconds before getting the error.  My server was at the top of the list with 16 people playing.

So, some people are able to play. Odd. 

Give another update in about 2 hours when finished

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use to play Ark until the game was released... I want to but physically can't get into a server. I would like the preview back for now please. Until you are ready, then let me know. I was way too optimistic for the game release and I encouraged a lot of my friends to purchase the game who now feel they wasted their money. How did you think you were ready for game release but you didn't have the servers ready? Worst of all your communication with your biggest fans is untimely and inaccurate at best. Stop tweeting.

Who cares about your DLC that you will charge us more for, but then you will have plenty of servers out right? calling it..

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

2 minutes ago, Dougiefresh7 said:

I'm in a official legacy server on the island and Se. Do I need to wait to play on a legacy server or does it just have to be a official server so I don't got to start at level 1. I'm a little confuesed on that matter lol 

If you don't want to start over at level 1 you play on whatever legacy servers you were on. If you decide to play on the new cluster you'll be starting over 

51 minutes ago, Drunkanevil said:

I agree with everyone else, please shut down the servers and wipe everyone's progress today because that is completely unfair for the rest of us. Already people have way to much and have taken all of the good spots that when the rest of us who could not get in and had to work all day couldn't get in at all. This is not right for the rest of us and now people are going to be overpowered and the rest of us have to suffer. Turn off the servers and bring them all back when you finally release the other servers.

Best post I read all day.

I dont get why people start complaining because they don't get exactly what they want, wc pushes just the bare minimum so people will be happy and then turn around at get all mad at wildcard for not being able to release properly... Maybe if they weren't busy trying to respond to your complaints they would get alot more done. Go enjoy the outdoors for a day.  Let them do their damn job. Yeah?

Ps anybody who uploaded there dinos before the update dropped is absolutely incompetent. You lose tames under normal circumstances through drops why would you upload it knowing the games coming out of early release? Literally changing the game you dont have any ground to stand and complain on ???

what should have happened, was console development being worked on, but PC development be the lead focus, with an initial PC launch. then a few months down the road, when things were stable and good, consoles could have had their launch (this happens vice versa, with console first and PC at a later date all the time). Instead, as per usual, you guys (Wildcard) bit off more than you could chew. You originally started off with a year in EA dream, no one expected that to be met, and weren't surprised when you extended it, the DLC tho left people unsettled.

Now, not only were you not able to meet your next deadline of officially launching at the beginning of the month, but you botched your postponed date too. Do you want this product to succeed? or did you see how bad of a trainwreck no man's sky was, and everyone saying how horrible of a game it was and just responded with "Hold my Beer" because I feel like your trying to turn Ark into the No Man's Sky of Summer 2017.

Its great to set goals that you want your product to reach and the dream of what your final finished product may be, but you went from issue after issue, delays after delays, to then also launching on 2 consoles, with a DLC during early access, announcing 2 more on the way, botched Official launches, and lets not forget, somehow someone at the company thought adding in VR to the pot was going to be a good idea? slooooooow down.

8 hours ago, Jat said:

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

This does not fix the crash, the minute you select unofficial pc servers it crashes again.

You posted this 8 hours ago, promised the fix yesterday (29th) its now the 31st here (lets assume you mean 29th usa time, thats what 4 hours left?) and we are still waiting to use the servers we pay money for. 
No updates, no info, nothing.

The .1 patch you released today had this fatal flaw in it, roll back the patch fix the issue then re  submit it. (possibly fire your QA team as clearly they did not test the patch correctly, or the developer that did not think to put a try/catch in the code)

Or at the very least tell us now how much longer we have to wait for what seems to be the worlds slowest bug fixer to fix one bug

all this should been set up for launch day not half way through the night i know myself ive tryed all day to get into a server no luck and it will happen during night when im asleep hmmm like normal they should wipe all server and start again cause it is unfair on a lot of people i joined a sSE server just there and a few of them are long way ahead 

all this should been set up for launch day not half way through the night i know myself ive tryed all day to get into a server no luck and it will happen during night when im asleep hmmm like normal they should wipe all server and start again cause it is unfair on a lot of people i joined a sSE server just there and a few of them are long way ahead 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived