Launch Update

Jatheish

1 minute ago, Ranger13 said:

I am half way through re-downloading.  I know it's a poor solution, and probably won't even work. 

I am in the exact same boat as you, tried everything I found online. I will let you know in about 3 hours how it went.

Even worse, I am stuck on un-official, can't even change it to official in time. So I just get blue screened before I ever see a server. 

I was hoping to uninstall and re install the update but don't know if I can do it. Let me know how the game install goes.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried your fix for the Unofficial PC servers crash, IT DID NOT WORK. Still crash to blue screen. Second time you have suggested deleting a file to fix something with no success. Last time it cost me my explorer notes, map became erased and all my achievements were re-set. Wonder what it cost me this time, won't find out until you fix this effin bullcr@p. Your fixes are garbage JAT!

1 minute ago, xMrsMurderx said:

How is it that they chose to release the game even though there were STILL issues with the old servers. I mean, wouldn't it make sense to fix the product before adding more crap to it?

What they should have done was shut down all servers 3-5 days before full release. That would have given them enough time to re-purpose the servers, and time to fix whatever issues they may have ran into. I just don't understand how they thought that one day would have been enough, and assumed they wouldn't run into any issues. 

41 minutes ago, smkshakespeare said:

lol. This doesn't make ANY sense. How the hell could switching to a different list cause a catastrophic game crash?!!

I bet its on purpose for what ever reasons.I played on Unofficial on Ragnarok map last night and than new patch came out and with it Unofficial servers where unplayable.

And just for the record @Jat we are still here..people who pay your food..waiting for that " Patch " to fix the problem!

Thank you a lot for this great experience.

43 minutes ago, tomsaiyuk said:

Tried your fix for the Unofficial PC servers crash, IT DID NOT WORK. Still crash to blue screen. Second time you have suggested deleting a file to fix something with no success. Last time it cost me my explorer notes, map became erased and all my achievements were re-set. Wonder what it cost me this time, won't find out until you fix this effin [email protected]. Your fixes are garbage JAT!

I have been unable to play officials since 1.34, this morning I woke up to this, am very upset and in no way, shape or form defending WC, but this isn't a fix, it wont let you play unofficial servers, it resets your search choice to default at official so you might be able to get on an official server, if you try to search unofficial, you will blue screen every time.

This whole thing a joke half your team need to be fired for incomptency that is clear for anyone to see other than the disc in the shop on sale every aspect of this launch has failed and showed your complete lack of respect to your early access players which made the game what it is on top of all that you cut off customer support for legacy I feel well and truly shafted by you wildcard maybe with your next con I mean game you should provide a free pot of Vaseline so your customers can prepare them selves for the shafting they are about to receive 

10 minutes ago, EvilHarry said:

Oh my god does this ring a bell Jat ..... PPP ( Pi$$ POOR PREPARATION )

Again WC show they r a 2nd rate company.

BTW why r u posting important info on other social media sites when u have this forum ???

they leave it up to the mods here to take the beating from us rather than post here themselves. Oh don't get me wrong they do post but only when they've taken enough heat on social media.

2 hours ago, CyberGameZone said:

Seems my post is being hidden.

I only said folks will move from official servers to unofficial servers.

Yeah that happened for a while. Until everyone realized that unofficials are at the whim of the people running it. If they dont pay their power bill, internet bill or their other half complains about how much they play Ark then poof everything you own is gone.

1 hour ago, smkshakespeare said:

I've deleted my configuration files at least 5 times since this post to no avail. Every single time all of us try to access our server and select unofficial pc we immediately blue screen. THIS FIX DID NOT FIX THE CRASH. Any other suggestions? We've been trying for hours.

If I knew that the server list broke while I was on my unofficial, I would have never logged out.. and now my tames might die because 9 hours later I still can't get back in. Tried the same and deleted it at least 10 bloody times! So much for launch day hype. WC always delivering broken updates. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

4 hours ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

Clearly you didn't otherwise you wouldn't have a ton of your playerbase screaming at you for more servers.

1 minute ago, nikkoman07 said:

If I knew that the server list broke while I was on my unofficial, I would have never logged out.. and now my tames might die because 9 hours later I still can't get back in. Tried the same and deleted it at least 10 bloody times! So much for launch day hype. WC always delivering broken updates. >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

To prevent death of Tames just go on your servers webinterface and stop the server thats what I did. I knocked out 3 allos when i was kicked out and couldnt get back in so I just stoped the server and will start it agen when the problem is fixed

1 minute ago, ic3berg090 said:

To prevent death of Tames just go on your servers webinterface and stop the server thats what I did. I knocked out 3 allos when i was kicked out and couldnt get back in so I just stoped the server and will start it agen when the problem is fixed

Omg thanks! I didn't even think of that.. still stuck in the 'official' mentality! 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived