Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Enough with all the crap about WC haters get out of here if you don't like the game then leave. I for one had zero problems yesterday and yes ark has and does have its delays and problems but the game is friggin worth it and what WC has done with making this game is very unconventional but I'm personally glad I've had the time with this great game all the way through till launch. Thanks WC for all your hard work and sorry you have to put up with the ungrateful players that don't get what it takes to do what y'all did. 

The game is amazing and I look forward to the  future of Ark

3 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

That's fine I'm ok with being the happy minority lol. I'm not the one waisting energy on bashing a company that already knows its mistakes. When crap happens it's a waist of time and space and life to just hate on the same subject over and over and over again. Get over it already.

I'm going to guess that you're fairly new to the game here... for starters wildcard loves it when the players start fighting with each other because it takes the attention off of them and their inability to actually produce a working, stable game. I play on the xbox and i started playing a month after it's release on xbox so for nearly 2 years I have heard excuse after excuse and lie after lie. So do yourself a huge favor and stop with the whole "i must defend my gods" attitude because it won't get you anywhere. Wildcard doesn't care that you got a little something on your nose and well everyone that has been through the things I just mentioned really don't have the time or patience to hear anymore uninformed opinions.

1 minute ago, StalkingWolfSC said:

As soon as Xbox one users can rent private PC servers, you will have less demand. I'll pay to rent one from nitrado. It would help curb demand for your servers. 

Mate trust me that is going to piss you off even more. I rented server for ps4 and can't play it. Best part is they don't give a raptor abouth that and I have a feeling they took them down on purpose

3 minutes ago, Dark2084 said:

I'm going to guess that you're fairly new to the game here... for starters wildcard loves it when the players start fighting with each other because it takes the attention off of them and their inability to actually produce a working, stable game. I play on the xbox and i started playing a month after it's release on xbox so for nearly 2 years I have heard excuse after excuse and lie after lie. So do yourself a huge favor and stop with the whole "i must defend my gods" attitude because it won't get you anywhere. Wildcard doesn't care that you got a little something on your nose and well everyone that has been through the things I just mentioned really don't have the time or patience to hear anymore uninformed opinions.

+1

52 minutes ago, Demigod said:

what's to laugh about? that was kind of the purpose of releasing the new servers...to escape the duping and pillaring and alphas securing large portions of the map. if you are part of one of the tribes that ended up with a nice secure spot, good for you. but there is no reason to laugh at the high number of players who just purchased the game or who doesn't have a massive tribe. 

Haven't even started yet.. alpha "problems" will always be there,  that's ark, learn the game,  get wiped till you learn and network enough to get your own big tribe.. It's laughable because everyone expects to be viable/ competitive from the get go.. things don't work like that and raging won t help

The problem is that this isn't the first time some stupid poop like this has happened. I've been playing since February on consoles and in that short time I've seen at least 4 raptor ups that are inexcusable. Like this isn't a hobby to these people. This isn't come kid in a basement coding it because he want to see if he can do it. This is these people's JOBS. They do this for a living and get paid to do so. Defening them is asinine 

Having my lost my server, and opting to start over is a PITA. 

There's quite literally nowhere to build on some servers, with  the size of some alpha tribe structures. Not able to build a homebase along the beaches makes moving inland a challenge, as well. Perhaps server deletion wasn't the best course to take, from a playability standpoint.

If a new player came to play this game, these challenges make for a very negative experience.

<two cents>

1 hour ago, muuufc said:

I believe this is part of the plan to stop dupers, a necessary evil if so! Keep the faith, and build a place in SE to raise wyvs!

I DON'T WANT TO STAY ON SE!! 

I want to be on the island server..it is not a necessary evil... it's ark being to damn lazy to actual make the right fixes

3 minutes ago, BadMako said:
9 minutes ago, CyberGameZone said:

No worries. I will just go crawl back in my unofficial server with Eternal mod and take my aggression out on some dinos.

LOL replace with Pugnacia mod and I'm doing the same. TG for mods and unofficial servers. Had 1800 hrs in official before I bagged it and now have over 3500 hrs and still having fun building crazy stuff, taming dinos (the thrill of spotting that 840 dino and getting a perfect tame) and just generally messing around with no worries.

17 minutes ago, silverring4 said:

I DON'T WANT TO STAY ON SE!! 

I want to be on the island server..it is not a necessary evil... it's ark being to damn lazy to actual make the right fixes

I am 100% with you. They did not know how to fix it. So, what they decided to do was slow it down by adding a timer? Like DILO lol That is pure laziness. Hyped us up for this great fix they had coming for duping, and was one of the reasons to push back the initial release date, but there was really no fix for it. 

3 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

I've deleted my configuration files at least 5 times since this post to no avail. Every single time all of us try to access our server and select unofficial pc we immediately blue screen. THIS FIX DID NOT FIX THE CRASH. Any other suggestions? We've been trying for hours.

Just now, smkshakespeare said:

I've deleted my configuration files at least 5 times since this post to no avail. Every single time all of us try to access our server and select unofficial pc we immediately blue screen. THIS FIX DID NOT FIX THE CRASH. Any other suggestions? We've been trying for hours.

Same here mate..this is just starting to be a big raptoring circle full of bullcrap. They made few officials and now they are all somewhere celebrating or sleeping. And people who pay for their food should go and fck themselves 

Just now, Ic3berg said:

Same here mate..this is just starting to be a big raptoring circle full of bullcrap. They made few officials and now they are all somewhere celebrating or sleeping. And people who pay for their food should go and fck themselves 

lol. This doesn't make ANY sense. How the hell could switching to a different list cause a catastrophic game crash?!!

2 minutes ago, smkshakespeare said:

I am half way through re-downloading.  I know it's a poor solution, and probably won't even work. 

I am in the exact same boat as you, tried everything I found online. I will let you know in about 3 hours how it went.

Even worse, I am stuck on un-official, can't even change it to official in time. So I just get blue screened before I ever see a server. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived