Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

Is there any chance that we can get a evolution ++ or maybe if you guys are feeling a little more benevolent a ++++ event for a day or two?

I know you guys had a rough few days and had many frustrations and hardships and many of the player base,including myself were feeling quite impatient about getting back online, but many people did either set the day aside or requested the day off of work and werent able to get what we wanted done. A little catch up help would be nice. 

- Xante of BrohKahn PS4

ANNNNNNNNNNDDD thank you for the money.......

I have worked in IT and software development for 15 years and seriously you couldn't anticipate the numbers? Do you not speak with your accountants or the web.....

For once Jat and Wildcard please just come up and say "sorry our bad" not this same excuses over and over it is getting tiresome.

I love the game one of the best ever made BUT have you never played it? a capped 70 server will always give like 2 frames per second so even if you underestimated the number of players you still should have given us more! IT IS THE DAY OF RELEASE! for years we have said, "Nps it is beta, we will wait, we will support, but this????

2 hours trying to connect and still nothing, expect more posts :)

19 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

You need 10x the servers you currently offer dude, even that prob isnt enough. Servers are constantly at cap and most of your player base is not able to play officials....

Well since everyone is self-righteously withholding their money due to "shady business practices" (*dons tin-foil hat and winks*) they probably only have so much money with which to support their server netwotk...

Just now, CyanicEmber said:

Well since everyone is self-righteously withholding their money due to "shady business practices" (*dons tin-foil hat and winks*) they probably only have so much money with which to support their server netwotk...

+kfc have a big sale on..... im sure they said that cost the 1.5b profit no?

A little rough???? A LITTLE!?
On ps4, planned to  stay up late monday night to sort out my server and play ragnok, you announced 8am ...ok fair enough...annoying but fair enough, early night instead get up to find out that you meant 8am est...1300 my time....
1300 rolls around no update
around 1430 we finally get the patch...YAY we can play! only no we cant, as nitrado did not get the server files! 
1700 i have to go to work, i tell my players dont worry i can start it from work
2330 nitrado get the server files! yes, server up
0100 come home from work and play on ragnok for an hour before i cant keep my eyes open (long day and a tough day at work) hey ill get up early and game before work, its working now

1100 the next day (today) i get up to play the server 6 hours before work :) only....the game crashes when i go to the server browser
find out that the new .1 patch causes the crash, well i think that will be an easy fix they'll just roll back the patch....nope
eta for the official servers is announced but no news on the fix beyond a post that amounts to "yeah we know, will fix it at some point today"
Its now nearly 1600 i have an hour before work, im stressed, i havent had a chance to unwind all i have been doing all day is waiting for you guys to fix the damn server browser!

We brought ark in early access and gave you the money to become what you are today
we pay for online access via psn
we rent and pay for servers to play the game how we want to and this in turn gives you an income
and yet we put at the lowest priority? 
were you guys worried too many would jump from official onto unofficial ? that may sound a bit nuts but its interesting that only the pc unofficial server browser causes the crash which is essentially just a filter!

beyond pissed

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

Jat posted this on the first page a few minutes ago and since alot of people are gonna miss it I'm a put it here for yall.

7 minutes ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

Any info is welcome here between the players, the lack of information is really catastrophic, but at least some info has been released.
Thx

12 minutes ago, Starkingultra said:

@Jat with the greatest respect bud, ARE YOU JOKING? 

"later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity,"

Take a sec to look outside your mansion and look at the 20! servers for EU which are capped at 70 players constantly! lol failing that get a calculator - Ready il go slow for you as you don't have a programme to do the math for you....

5,000,000 copies sold 

100 servers each holding 70 players

5000000 / 7000 = COMON buddy for once say "Hi, guys sorry for the lack of servers we honestly don't care but thank you for the money!"

I would respect you more for that!

Love to see a response on this... as it is very very hard to believe that this situation could not have been anticipated.

@Jat thanks for your info. How you like to Adress the Problem that now Players can get some days Advantage ( this lucky ones get one of the rare Server Slots ), and then other Players actual cant get in game, are then behind as has no really an Chance getting up ? Without any Actions from you there will be two Player classes - this ones getting and Slot and this ones not. the first ones will have small tames like raptors and so an, then the newe aditional Servers come up, this guys fast Transfer and get the good spots there too by simply killing all fresh koining Players.....

1 minute ago, Burthh said:

Any info is welcome here between the players, the lack of information is really catastrophic, but at least some info has been released.
Thx

Sorry buddy but some info has been released? ANOTHER excuse has been released which in my opinion is not worth the internet space it is written on!

We did anticipate the high numbers " ERM check your sales on steam , one sec.... there I just did it, how long did that take????

we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally! Sounds like a you problem, again any company should have a contingency plan in place when you are dealing with this level of high sales!

I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours! Then call them back from their yacht race you have a business to maintain!

Honestly so sick of excuses and then people typing up love messages to wildcard saying "Its ok we love you can we have a teddy bear.....!"

10 minutes ago, Jat said:

So you figured out your aperently most important tool wasn't working hours after initial release? I'm confused. How come you didn't have servers prepaired in advance? Why didn't you test the servers before launch? 

18 minutes ago, Starkingultra said:

@Jat with the greatest respect bud, ARE YOU JOKING? 

"later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity,"

Take a sec to look outside your mansion and look at the 20! servers for EU which are capped at 70 players constantly! lol failing that get a calculator - Ready il go slow for you as you don't have a programme to do the math for you....

5,000,000 copies sold 

100 servers each holding 70 players

5000000 / 7000 = COMON buddy for once say "Hi, guys sorry for the lack of servers we honestly don't care but thank you for the money!"

I would respect you more for that!

This..... doesnt seem like a lack of anticipation more a lack concern for customers.

I don't give a damn abouth officials anymore.. I bought Ark 3 times till now for my wife my friend and myself.. I rented a server to avoid all this Release crap and you guys messed that up too. I am shure you understand why are some of Us mad as hell.So please,when are Unofficial PC servers on Ps4 are going to be online. This is just not normal anymore and to be honest it's quite rude

16 minutes ago, Jat said:

Is this a confirmation of ragnarok on legacy?  Because there wasn't a definitive answer there of you say "yes there will be ragnarok on legacy" then it is 100% confims it and while it won't make people completely happy it will take a weight off peoples mind so they know they can continue there current progress on the new map you guys have given us 

3 minutes ago, aragog9027 said:

Is this a confirmation of ragnarok on legacy?  Because there wasn't a definitive answer there of you say "yes there will be ragnarok on legacy" then it is 100% confims it and while it won't make people completely happy it will take a weight off peoples mind so they know they can continue there current progress on the new map you guys have given us 

no rag for legacy.... dude they plan on legacy disappearing. where do you think they plan to get new servers from? Ii will be from killing legacy servers.

42 minutes ago, Jat said:

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours

So which bright bulb thought it'd be a sweet idea to give all of EU, Russia.. a grand total of 24 vanilla PVP servers? 

You've gotta be raptoring kidding all of us.

There's probably more players in Eurasia than in all of Americas, but you give us.. 24 servers?

All of them are capped out.

??????

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived