Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, powerstuck said:

56GB sounds like the whole game being downloaded again. 

Also...after the famous Blizzard Entertainment...Soon (Trademark), Wildcard is about to get ''Coming next week (trademark)''. 

56 does seem like the entire game but it's double the size of the game at least on console. I've also not seen anything in the change log.

Thanks for the update.  Thanks for looking into the server sessions as that will make players on our servers happy if they can get on the server.

Launch can be a mess for ev1.  I read a few of the posts here and even the largest companies have/had major problems.  Any1 remember the launch of Star Wars Galaxies and the weeks worth of problems there that had 70 devs, including Raph Koster working on it?  How about the NGE, just a major update (remake of the entire game almost) and you logged in, couldn't move, could only talk in local chat.

I say this went better than that one and I'm 1 of the 1s that are filing bug reports.

Thanks again for the update. 

I am getting a little pissed off now as well. We are playing from the EU and all the servers are full or 1-2 slot available to join.  ( Used to be at least 400+ servers for EU) 

Instead  of keep watching where players need more servers and support they adding servers to ASIA where you can only see 10 people online most. I dont want to believe the game going down so far, also we not getting any updates why this is happening. Sorry they do every 6 hrs, "just grab a drink ...." 

All we want to know, is it worth to stay up late or not. I dont want to waste my holidays on waiting and get nothing to return. I am sure there is a lots more people like me who booked some time off work just for a start, but is worth for nothing.

Regards, 

One of the players who loosing hope

I had the bug that wasn't allowing me to join any official servers after 1.34, it is now 1.39 and I still have the issue, I realize that help for me joining the legacy servers can no longer be given, so now I am asking for help joining new servers, I still get the host timed out message when trying to join any new servers, these are servers that are not full, and it's not giving me the server is full message, it's still the same old host timed out. I even listed  every new server in the search list, both PvP and PvE for all maps and tried every one of them, same thing on every server.

1 hour ago, Demigod said:

either this is a very unprepared team of developers, or they know exactly what they are doing and are trying to spend as little on the paying customers as possible. i'm not sure which is worse.

I think its a bit of both. Well they can forget my money for the season pass if they dont have enough servers for me to play. I play with 4 other friends and we wont be buying season pass if we cant play.

Wildcard I have been playing ark for more than a year now on early access the fact that u keep saying that in this time the servers will be up and can't follow trough with your promises, this is a simple task at hand that thousands of company's can do easily. And where are the thousands of servers that we all played on before the launch, I know how many server where on your kill list, don't raptor this up and loose all the data from the old server costing us months of grinding.

You know what wildcard? Now  give me some more points mods, i dont care anymore. Wildcard developers: SUCK WHATEVER YOU WANT FROM ME!!!! 

Character from tribemate is just destroyed without any warning. Servercrash(like the crashes that happens THE WHOLE NIGHT!!! OMG LEARN TO CODE YOU *insert nono word your mami dont want you to say*

Get yourself a new job and just stop creating games.

i am tired of your "sorry for this" "sorry for that" messages after you screw this and this and this and this up. 

i mean, what the heck are you doing? do you even have any skilled persons except graphics designer? and i mean that for real. 

day after day after day waiting to get more servers in eu, and you seem to sleep. ofc you dont have much sleep at the moment(i truly hope that because you deserve this problems  now 100%)

Dupe protection is a mess, servers set up and "running", its a mess. 

really, great job. just 3 days and we already have several problems, even more than before. i am happy you are out of early access, because now you cannot hide between this funny state somebody tries to protect you from poopstorm.

and now give me more warning points if you want, doesnt matter. and no, this is NO DISCUSSION ABOUT PAST POINTS I GOT! 

you only mess up all new players who payed you before, and now you even scare of new players who payed a hell of money for a game that still acts like an alpha version. 

better take all servers down for some days and fix everything you can before you mess it up even more. 

To all guys who wrote a bad review while early access state: 

renew your review, so that it doesnt count as "Early Access review"

On 8/30/2017 at 10:32 AM, LDrgn2015 said:

I myself bought that game twice for PC and for PS4 and I'm playing ARK since day one of the early access phase and after those 2 years I'm happy as hell that I did not wait for the release to get it and to burn like 60 bucks for this. Anyways - not sure about Xbone, but for the PS4 release exactly the same thing happened allready. The server all had been crowded as hell. It was impossible to log in or claim your small amount of land to build on it, because every single useful spot was allready flooded with pillars over and over and over.... - I don't get your decision WC, why you have to delete low-populated servers in an amount, that your playerbase now fills up ALL servers completely. 

C'mon....a survival game, based on progression, who gets where first, who has the fastest progression, especially in PvP....you should have known better. Take down ALL servers again and wipe them completely, until you are ready to release enough space for ALL players to progress. I know that this would suck for all people out there who are allready playing on the official servers, but...this would at least be fair.

There is nothing stopping you from getting in any more than the players on the servers already.  

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived