Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough with all the crap about WC haters get out of here if you don't like the game then leave. I for one had zero problems yesterday and yes ark has and does have its delays and problems but the game is friggin worth it and what WC has done with making this game is very unconventional but I'm personally glad I've had the time with this great game all the way through till launch. Thanks WC for all your hard work and sorry you have to put up with the ungrateful players that don't get what it takes to do what y'all did. 

The game is amazing and I look forward to the  future of Ark

1 minute ago, Demigod said:

what's to laugh about? that was kind of the purpose of releasing the new servers...to escape the duping and pillaring and alphas securing large portions of the map. if you are part of one of the tribes that ended up with a nice secure spot, good for you. but there is no reason to laugh at the high number of players who just purchased the game or who doesn't have a massive tribe. 

I think the laughter is from how so many people kept saying it'd happen and that a wipe wouldn't solve anything. I'm just repeating what I read. There are apparently a whole lot of people on legacy servers who find this situation incredibly amusing though.

I wandered around some of the new servers to see how they were yesterday. Hopped back to my own legacy server after I got bored to find new players and a bunch of fellow vets were hanging out. Apparently legacy's not doing that badly. Had over 20 people on yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Enough with all the crap about WC haters get out of here if you don't like the game then leave. I for one had zero problems yesterday and yes ark has and does have its delays and problems but the game is friggin worth it and what WC has done with making this game is very unconventional but I'm personally glad I've had the time with this great game all the way through till launch. Thanks WC for all your hard work and sorry you have to put up with the ungrateful players that don't get what it takes to do what y'all did. 

Wildcard needs about 1 million $ to keep going...would you please give them your bank info so they can serve themselves ?

If you don't understand why people are complaining, just restrain from posting and go enjoy your ''issue free game''.

1 minute ago, Pwndbyjoe said:

Duh

Don't say duh. With Wildcard, you never know. 

They could state "We're fixing the flyer nerf"

when they actually mean  "we're fixing the flyer nerf- by further nerfing flyers"

Oh wait, I think that may have actually happened around the time of the flyer nerf. And I was just making that up

7 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

So, because YOU didn't have any issues, no one else has cause to complain that a game that was bought and paid for, delayed over and over again, had a release date, that was then pushed back and on release day massive failures across the board with little to no communication other than the occasional patronising Twitter statement.... we should all leave? 

Fine, I'll do just that when I get my money back. Or they make good on their product. 

15 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Well aren't you special. I'm renting a server, I can't access that server because of the client crashing on the un-official pc list. Meaning I'm still paying money for this game and not being able to play.

People gotta remember people preordered this and then had to wait another two weeks, then they finally get home to play it and they can't because they can't get in a server. Like of course they are going to be pissed. They bought something that doesn't work. If you can't recognize that and how wrong it i, then you are just trolling

14 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Seems you are outnumbered bud. A lot more haters than lovers at the moment. Im sure your free "I <3 Wildcard" tshirt is on its way.

15 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Wildcard needs about 1 million $ to keep going...would you please give them your bank info so they can serve themselves ?

If you don't understand why people are complaining, just restrain from posting and go enjoy your ''issue free game''.

Know why you are complaining I explained that in my message ??. But I also said if you want to hate so much just stop playing bc your complaints aren't constructive they are  ignorant   Rants. That's to the haters as a whole not just you.

1 hour ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

i deleted the configuration file and it worked so i quit the game and reloaded it and it won't work again even if i delete the file still

7 minutes ago, DinoMinions said:

Seems you are outnumbered bud. A lot more haters than lovers at the moment. Im sure your free "I <3 Wildcard" tshirt is on its way.

That's fine I'm ok with being the happy minority lol. I'm not the one  wasting energy on bashing a company that already knows its mistakes. When crap happens it's a waste of time and space and life to just hate on the same subject over and over and over again. Get over it already.

37 minutes ago, DinoMinions said:

If they knew what they were doing they would have learned from there mistakes on both The Center and Scorched earth release. The same thing happened. This is a total and complete epic fail. Now I am just someone whos been playing early access and spent maybe 20.00 dollars on the game, but imagine the people who are buying it for the first time or even bought the collectors edition for 160.00 dollars. by the time they get on all of the servers will be full of the mega tribes in control of everything again. From the small amount of time I played this morning, I got killed by a level 58 and a level 82. So good luck new folks, you will never catch up.

Shame on you Wildcard. 

yup. RIP..... probably yelling get good too as if that was the key to success

Just now, Kimchi said:

That's fine I'm ok with being the happy minority lol. I'm not the one waisting energy on bashing a company that already knows its mistakes. When crap happens it's a waist of time and space and life to just hate on the same subject over and over and over again. Get over it already.

Er, wouldn't be the same waste of time and energy coming on a forum to play white knight for a video game? 

1 hour ago, Pogue1995 said:

You are some seriously special people like how did you not anticipate tons of people moving from mass duping servers to the new ones? You barely added any new servers all of them are maxed out. You should have just wiped legacy servers and released tons of new ones today instead you sugar coat it with "we'll wipe low populated servers every month" disgraceful game launch. 

You are the one that is disgraceful

think you could of done it better? Have at it bud, reply to this message in 2 years, I will be waiting

So new servers are going to be released and hopefully big tribes wont jump to get areas.

So a suggestion wil be difficult but an idea set  account max 30 objects placed if more not possible to jump to new servers for 24h. So players that do not have any spot can get a decent area and build before areas get pillared and put foundataions on. 

3 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

So new servers are going to be released and hopefully big tribes wont jump to get areas.

So a suggestion wil be difficult but an idea set  account max 30 objects placed if more not possible to jump to new servers for 24h. So players that do not have any spot can get a decent area and build before areas get pillared and put foundataions on. 

RIP many folks have pillars and ladders waiting in obi.... right now. waiting on new servers to pop to jump to.

Regnarok Legacy servers ???

Im one of those , who paid for a not complete game (beta test) but thanks to that the game finally was launch , i think we deserve some respect and mercy about about 2 years played just for nothing , isnt fair or not ? So far they said need more time for fix ««$ome»» problems , but u got about 2 longer years do it good , aprox 5 000000 of people bougth ur game and they cant play is that fair ? «25 servers» capped 70/70 come on !! Really no kidding me , but is ok u already have my money , bugs , crashes , roll backs , shut down, lost dinos, no textures, origami dinos, servers down , duppers , at least give us LEGACY RAGNAROK servers.

7 minutes ago, Kimchi said:

Know why you are complaining I explained that in my message ??. But I also said if you want to hate so much just stop playing bc your complaints aren't constructive they are  ignorant   Rants. That's to the haters as a whole not just you.

that's not how this works. we are stakeholders of this game, meaning that all changes directly affect us. we paid money for this game. we are entitled to complain as much as we want, for they have our cash in their pockets and the compensation for that is us being able to speak our mind. 

we essentially bought stock in this game that cannot be sold. we made a purchase and are not able to refund it. so for as long as they are in possession of my money, i am fully entitled to say what i want about this game. if you don't like the negativity of the forum then you can leave. i never signed a contract when i bought the game saying "you must be happy with whatever the developers do"

1 hour ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

Otter is already out, seen it on ragnarok  ^^

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived