Launch Update

Jatheish

@Jat

I'm 100% sure this will get ignored due to lack of care of your customers.

But you have destroyed so much during this "failure to launch "  and now there is a timer on transferring stuff..  now people who are actually busting their A$$ on this game to raise Wyverns are going to lose them all because we cannot transfer milk in from SE

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I myself bought that game twice for PC and for PS4 and I'm playing ARK since day one of the early access phase and after those 2 years I'm happy as hell that I did not wait for the release to get it and to burn like 60 bucks for this. Anyways - not sure about Xbone, but for the PS4 release exactly the same thing happened allready. The server all had been crowded as hell. It was impossible to log in or claim your small amount of land to build on it, because every single useful spot was allready flooded with pillars over and over and over.... - I don't get your decision WC, why you have to delete low-populated servers in an amount, that your playerbase now fills up ALL servers completely. 

C'mon....a survival game, based on progression, who gets where first, who has the fastest progression, especially in PvP....you should have known better. Take down ALL servers again and wipe them completely, until you are ready to release enough space for ALL players to progress. I know that this would suck for all people out there who are allready playing on the official servers, but...this would at least be fair.

The people of Wildcard know what they're doing. They've planned for this. They are excellent at what they do and the only way to be that good is to keep themselves sharp. Find problems and overcome them. The best way to do that is to find new problems that you're not prepared for and overcome them. In other words they need to actually plan to not plan for something like this. And that is why they're the best.

Just now, Onestepklown said:

@JatHi PS4 user here. Just deleted my files and  downloaded ark again. I go to search for my server and it blue screens me with error code CE-34878-0. Is is still being worked on? Thanks! Take your time guys id rather it be done right and not rushed with more bugs.

Take your time? Please dont tell them that!

I have seen sloths work faster than these guys!! 3 hours and still cant join server GJ @Jat

2 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

They already took them all offline. Than whatever sequence they use to bring them back online failed. So now they have to use an alternative method. As far as your legacy comments go .. there's a whole thread dedicated to it maybe go rant about it there.

All servers should stay offline until they fix the problem so nobody gets a headstart is what I was trying to tell..

The thing that makes me the most angry is the way they communicate to us.

Posting on twitter, posting in announcements, posting in general, and all without decent information.

Why not make a pinned topic addressing the current server launch issue. Turn off replies, and post an update every hour until it's fixed. Is that so hard?

10 minutes ago, silverring4 said:

@Jat

I'm 100% sure this will get ignored due to lack of care of your customers.

But you have destroyed so much during this "failure to launch "  and now there is a timer on transferring stuff..  now people who are actually busting their A$$ on this game to raise Wyverns are going to lose them all because we cannot transfer milk in from SE

I believe this is part of the plan to stop dupers, a necessary evil if so! Keep the faith, and build a place in SE to raise wyvs!

This is an absolute joke. I was lucky to have bought the game in EA but if I bought a disc on launch and went home to play and couldn't because you guys didn't release barely any servers, I'd be furious. This is getting ridiculous. There is always some kind of dumbassery you people manage to come up with. Rag has been delayed 2 months because of just straight foolishness. The only thing you have done right is the legacy and non legacy servers. 

56 minutes ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

Well this pretty much confirms...

- Legacy Rag servers won't make it this week.

- Phoenix won't make it till mid-September

- There is still that stupid timer from the launch trailer set for Friday that will make everything else delayed for at least 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

The people of Wildcard know what they're doing. They've planned for this. They are excellent at what they do and the only way to be that good is to keep themselves sharp. Find problems and overcome them. The best way to do that is to find new problems that you're not prepared for and overcome them. In other words they need to actually plan to not plan for something like this. And that is why they're the best.

Is this a troll post?

Just now, Royall said:

All servers should stay offline until they fix the problem

The only issue being what if the problem can't be fixed in a timely matter? At least servers are getting rolled out for use. I agree in abysmal numbers but they are there. As for people getting a head start well big tribes will always have a big lead over everyone else. Also let's say they waited rolled them out all at once. But you were asleep when they did it. Let's say you had literally just went to bed so your asleep for 7-8 hours wake up and find out the servers launched. What than? Wipe em all and reboot because it isn't Fair? Mind you the situation is alot more complex than that and I'll be the first to say my example isn't the best. I'm just trying to get a better perspective myself. 

I

1 hour ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

Is the Otter on Xbox?

58 minutes ago, Rokusho347 said:

What about the Phoenix? That was pretty much promised to us on release, but now we have to wait till later this week? Has that changed as well? And I hope you haven't forgotten you all promised us the content we didn't get for Halloween last year this year.

Wait a minute. We're getting vampires and werewolves for Halloween this year?! Humina, humina humina!

Humina, humina humina!

/drool

7 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

If they knew what they were doing they would have learned from there mistakes on both The Center and Scorched earth release. The same thing happened. This is a total and complete epic fail. Now I am just someone whos been playing early access and spent maybe 20.00 dollars on the game, but imagine the people who are buying it for the first time or even bought the collectors edition for 160.00 dollars. by the time they get on all of the servers will be full of the mega tribes in control of everything again. From the small amount of time I played this morning, I got killed by a level 58 and a level 82. So good luck new folks, you will never catch up.

Shame on you Wildcard. 

One things come out as clear as water...

Wildcard was FAR, VERY FAR from being ready for the launch. But they could not allow themselves to not meet the August 29th launch date. The couldn't because EU retails (among other things) would have gone nuts about it. 

It sucks. But that's the hard reality. Money above all. 

I am not even impacted by this because my legacy server was back on when I got home. Mind you it only had 3 people online, names I never saw, so I kinda didn't play Ark yesterday, didn't feel like it.

I guess it finally sank in that my legacy server is going to be put down in a month or two and that I've seen and did what I wanted in this game. I am not sure I have the envy to grind the poop all over again. 

4 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Lol at everyone raging about having to wait a day or mad cause alphas are gonna have the prime spots instead of their smaller tribes...

what's to laugh about? that was kind of the purpose of releasing the new servers...to escape the duping and pillaring and alphas securing large portions of the map. if you are part of one of the tribes that ended up with a nice secure spot, good for you. but there is no reason to laugh at the high number of players who just purchased the game or who doesn't have a massive tribe. 

16 minutes ago, Onestepklown said:

@JatHi PS4 user here. Just deleted my files and  downloaded ark again. I go to search for my server and it blue screens me with error code CE-34878-0. Is is still being worked on? Thanks! Take your time guys id rather it be done right and not rushed with more bugs.

Getting similar

I get that same ce-34878-0 just as the server list is about to load.

What is odd, when I switch over to my kids account, the game works fine.... just not on the main account.  

Started doing this after last nights 2gig update. I was able to play for about 15mins only, and then it crashed. Since then, I can't even get servers to load. I made it pretty far in Rag, even scored a cave base..... VERY annoying.

Re-downloading now, see if that fixed anything. 33 gigs..... FML, maybe tonight if I am lucky. Anyone else getting this?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived