Launch Update

Jatheish

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you honestly think that wildcard wasn't prepared for launch? oh they were. they had all the figures and numbers. but they released the MINIMUM amount of servers that they could. why is that? to save money. that's why they deleted 33% of legacy servers and not 10%. that's why legacy doesn't receive customer support. that's why we received a very low number of new servers.

because out of all the money WC has made from purchases and DLC and server hosting, spending more than 1% for the players on more servers and customer support is just too much for them. they are a very hungry company and will devour all the cash that can be tossed at them.

its sad. a very corporate capitalist style of business but that's how the world is now. you can't rise to the top of the pyramid without stepping on heads to get there.

Congratulations on allowing mega tribes to ruin the existing servers already. So not only were you 16 hours late but now the dozen servers you have will be pillared off before anyone can actually get on. Continues to be the biggest launch joke in the history of console games. Sell out because clearly you devs can't handle this game. 

4 minutes ago, tirroy said:

Love to see a response on this... as it is very very hard to believe that this situation could not have been anticipated.

The amount of times he's apologized in the last week... Damn.

After someone says sorry for the same crap fifteen times you start to not take it seriously. Jat's apologies are hollow and meaningless as always.

It's basically a joke to wildcard, now. Every single update there's a "sorry we couldn't do..." or "sorry for..." or "servers will be up..." excuse. 

14 minutes ago, Starkingultra said:

Sorry buddy but some info has been released? ANOTHER excuse has been released which in my opinion is not worth the internet space it is written on!

We did anticipate the high numbers " ERM check your sales on steam , one sec.... there I just did it, how long did that take????

we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally! Sounds like a you problem, again any company should have a contingency plan in place when you are dealing with this level of high sales!

I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours! Then call them back from their yacht race you have a business to maintain!

Honestly so sick of excuses and then people typing up love messages to wildcard saying "Its ok we love you can we have a teddy bear.....!"

I know, that in fact they said nothing in the post, but it's somehting. Do not confuse my words, I'm angry and pissed off of WC organization. More over with a Official release. If you search my message you will find no mercy on my words. But finally someone showed up to say "something", (not enough in mi opinion) but it's a step. 

But want to do you want to say ? raptor you staff, thx for nothing ? I totally agree with you, but I prefer to work in a more positive way and keep asking for stuff rather than blaming. 

But with this info at least I'm not w8 for new servers till tomorrow so at least is usefful for me and my tribe.

And we all know that they had already anticipated the high numbers but they do not care at all. They just opened all the servers (with a good stability) without thinking on the rest. They can lie yes, but we can also think.

Trust me I will be the first one to flame if they give me reasons.

3 minutes ago, Charlemagne89 said:

Congratulations on allowing mega tribes to ruin the existing servers already. So not only were you 16 hours late but now the dozen servers you have will be pillared off before anyone can actually get on. Continues to be the biggest launch joke in the history of console games. Sell out because clearly you devs can't handle this game. 

They were pillared within an hour prob. some key locs within minutes. i have small tribe and wanted a spot near red. soon as server hit list i logged and by the time i could run to red and make a foundation i saw 3 -5 others on the same route. lets just say the prime property on existing servers is gone an dthose folks can store pillars and foundation in obi so as soon as a new server hits they can do the same thing. i saw one tribe had the whole west coast pillared by end of day.

Seriously, folks, I'm mad too... and sure, there are no excuses... but remember, when a BIG game Dev, called R* dropped GTA Online for GTA V and it didn't work for a week, then you couldn't even save your character for two weeks? Pepperidge Farm remembers. Pt is--It could be worse.... and this is someone that even paid to play on a rented server... :-/

Anyone tired of dealing with this crap is welcome to come play GTA Online which also get a huge update yesterday. At least until Wildcard sorts out their poop and actually gives us the finished game. 

Judging by the fact that the "upcoming features" is STILL in limbo it's apparent they still haven't finished a damn thing. Game is still unoptimized and buggy. I play gta 5 on all ultra settings just fine so why not ARK? Meh.

@Jat Howdy Jat, I know you have your hands full with this release, but thanks for the update. You don't know how nice it is to atleast know what is going on, 12 hours no biggie i'll just do homework, atleast I know now thank you! Also, will there be an NA ORP cluster?? there is already an EU and my group has not wanted to start there due to it being EU, so we have our hopes up that we will receive an NA cluster, if you can get back to me on that it would be appreciated, thanks! I'm on PC

1 minute ago, Burthh said:

I know, that in fact they said nothing in the post, but it's somehting. Do not confuse my words, I'm angry and pissed off of WC organization. More over with a Official release. If you search my message you will find no mercy on my words. But finally someone showed up to say "something", (not enough in mi opinion) but it's a step. 

But want to do you want to say ? raptor you staff, thx for nothing ? I totally agree with you, but I prefer to work in a more positive way and keep asking for stuff rather than blaming. 

Trust me I will be the first one to flame if they give me reasons.

But the problem is I have played this game since day one of beta... I am sick of their lame excuses they are money hungry con artists.

Now I know you say you agree All I'm saying is that we don't have to be nice, they are not nice with their lies and constant excuses. I quit 1 month ago hoping that when the release came we could all go back to our lives playing pixels and shaking off the stresses of real life even for a short while (I am a geek and love it!)

AND boom yet again they screw us.  so I apologise if I focused your post but it was the closest one to say thx!

Wildcard should be thanking us not the other way around!

WHY NOT TAKE ALL SERVERS OFFLINE?!

Take all servers offline and only put them back when you have a decent amount of servers running... 4 EU ragnarok pvp servers... Thats such a joke -_-

This way people won't have the head start they currently have now... To even make it better, wipe every damn legacy server and convert them to a new server as in a few months time nobody is going to play legacy anymore and you know that. Those few people whining about their digital dinosaurs being removed should just stop crying and start over. The game is not early access any longer and people should accept a wipe.

You made millions of dollars and you're having a difficulty putting online servers? You're lying :) There is probably some other thing happening...

Leave us alone with social media. The forum is here for a reason. Use it. Lol. Why should we look everywhere on social media in a hope we wil catch the message when the majority of your player base is right here angry with the lack of information. Do you have a thrill having your community angry and frustrated?  

Please do it here on the forum with new topic new servers up. We would be happy if you do this and get our blood pressure down. Tks

7 minutes ago, Defence1 said:

Well allow me an question - what is positive @Burthh when you hear maybe in 12 Hours there is an Server - maybe not - and you simply cant do nothing ?

I can rest 12 hours without thinking that I'm going to loose a server.
Anyway I'm just moving around in the new servers that I do not care, "having fun".

1 hour ago, Jat said:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

41 minutes ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

If possible please mention that you are infact going to give us Ragnarok servers for xbox one legacy. Every post i have seen from wildcard has avoided talking directly about this, and it is not only leading to my personal frustration, but undoubtibly to many other players of the game. We dont care about your eta.... we just want to know if we need to pack up and leave or stay and play more.

2 minutes ago, Royall said:

WHY NOT TAKE ALL SERVERS OFFLINE?!

Take all servers offline and only put them back when you have a decent amount of servers running... 4 EU ragnarok pvp servers... Thats such a joke -_-

This way people won't have the head start they currently have now... To even make it better, wipe every damn legacy server and convert them to a new server as in a few months time nobody is going to play legacy anymore and you know that. Those few people whining about their digital dinosaurs being removed should just stop crying and start over. The game is not early access any longer and people should accept a wipe.

They already took them all offline. Than whatever sequence they use to bring them back online failed. So now they have to use an alternative method. As far as your legacy comments go .. there's a whole thread dedicated to it maybe go rant about it there.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived