Launch Update

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a concise update with everything that's going on. First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise for the delay in the servers becoming online. We ran into a few technical hiccups that extended the e amount of time it would take, and then our tool/usual procedure wasn't working, so we had to do it via a manual method which in turn takes a lot longer, due to certain protocols we have to take some of the servers through for extra protection/security reasons. 

As of now, we should have a number of new servers available for people to play on across all platforms, later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity, unfortunately the process is still going to be a long one, as it will have to be a manual setup as opposed to what we normally do. I don't suspect we will have any new servers coming online for the next 12 hours, but I will keep you posted as I learn new information.

There are some issues which have currently been identified with the latest update, primarily related to the server sessions filter. We will be iterating on it heavily across the course of the day, applying fixes live. Abstraction is currently working on some crash fixes for PlayStation, as well as fixing the Primitive+ Server Filter, as currently, those servers are not on display.

An important note for those currently crashing when selecting the Join ARK button on PS4 (this is being fixed by Abstraction and we're planning to get a quick-cert patch out today), you can prevent the crash by heading into your the System Storage on your PS4 and deleting ARK's configuration file. This won't clear any of your game-data, but just settings you've applied to the game/last known uses -- so things like what filters you've got on, volume etc. This will stop the join ARK crash. It occurs when switching to the Unofficial PC servers filter, it may not happen every time, but if you find yourself in a situation where it is, deleting that file will stop the crash.

I know the launch has been a little rough, and we're very grateful to all of you. As we get further into it, things will smoothen out and the experience will be much better. Thank you for hanging in there. :Jerblove:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no news on if there is going to be ragnarok for legacy servers its getting beyond a joke now and all your player base who wants to continue what they did during the early access phase which helped you work towards a full launch of the game and getting really tired of being fobbed off and not told a single thing,  its a simple question!  Will therr or won't there be ragnarok available for your legacy servers? 

You are some seriously special people like how did you not anticipate tons of people moving from mass duping servers to the new ones? You barely added any new servers all of them are maxed out. You should have just wiped legacy servers and released tons of new ones today instead you sugar coat it with "we'll wipe low populated servers every month" disgraceful game launch. 

6 minutes ago, Pokezilla1231 said:

@Jat I can't find any of the Legacy Ragnarok Servers on PS4, how long until they are added? Yesterday was very frustrating, I understand how difficult it is to put out servers but it was very disappointing. Please keep us updated on twitter with the progress.

Same question for Xbox legacy Ragnarok

@Jat with the greatest respect bud, ARE YOU JOKING? 

"later tonight we'll be working on bringing on some more, as well as looking into whether we need to increase our numbers based on player activity,"

Take a sec to look outside your mansion and look at the 20! servers for EU which are capped at 70 players constantly! lol failing that get a calculator - Ready il go slow for you as you don't have a programme to do the math for you....

5,000,000 copies sold 

100 servers each holding 70 players

5000000 / 7000 = COMON buddy for once say "Hi, guys sorry for the lack of servers we honestly don't care but thank you for the money!"

I would respect you more for that!

You know whats so funny about this, the issue isn't being caused by the millions of new players jumping into the game for the first time no, its actually all the alpha tribes jumping into the new fresh servers wanting all those prime spots for themselves. By the time an actual new player gets into the game he/she will be faced with a world of pillars no trees no rocks no water supplies just miles of pillars and gated off beaches and no where to build. Lets be honest they may not be letting you bring your stuff or characters from Legacy but do you really think it will take an alpha tribe from start that long to own a new server. The game will be dead in a month.

• Administrator

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

1 minute ago, Jat said:

We did anticipate the high numbers, but unfortunately, we're not to deploy our servers as we can normally, which is why it's taking us longer, however, we will get them online. I currently don't expect us to have any servers online for about 12 hours, but as we get through the day, a new ETA may come apparent and we'll, of course, update you via social media. We will get the servers online, for legacy too, it's just a bit of a waiting game as we work through this process. As for the ice wyvern model, otter, phoenix etc. They'll be coming in an update most likely next week (the phoenix still needs some visual work done on it)

When you say "for legacy too" do you mean Ragnarok Legacy servers? 

1 minute ago, Jat said:

I don't trust your ETAs anymore...might as well stop telling us when you think something will be out and just put it out there...

For the people who uploaded their dinos on the night of the 28th will they be gone for good now?! Alot of people spent countless hours taming these animals just for them to be lost in the ark upload all because the game wasn't released properly? I'm trying my best to be calm as can be but I lost my wyvern which is basically the only good dino I got left after being attacked while offline

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived