End of Primitive - Not Primitive Plus - Discussion

Ganks

57 minutes ago, Jat said:

Currently, there are no plans to reintroduce Primitive servers onto Official, with Primitive+ being the primarily supported lower-tech mode.  As for why there is a PvE mode of Non-TEK servers, that would be because we try to keep a rule of thumb where we're providing a PvE alternative for our token clusters, however in hindsight, perhaps we'd do something different, with the balance of TEK items not being such a concern for PvE players. 

The "supported" part in "primarily supported lower-tech mode" is not true... That mode has been neglected for several months now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jat said:

Currently, there are no plans to reintroduce Primitive servers onto Official, with Primitive+ being the primarily supported lower-tech mode.  As for why there is a PvE mode of Non-TEK servers, that would be because we try to keep a rule of thumb where we're providing a PvE alternative for our token clusters, however in hindsight, perhaps we'd do something different, with the balance of TEK items not being such a concern for PvE players. 

If it is the case "Prim+ being the primary supported mode" can it actually be turned into an official item so that all the "mods" that it uses don't need to be loaded in. Also if it's so supported why is it that it breaks on such a regular basis versus the real prim, which really only ever broke a few times (engrams) which was also a problem on prim+

Now that the forum finally allows me to join again :D:

On 11.9.2017 at 8:52 PM, Jat said:

nice to see a dev responding to the communities issues :)

But, please reconsider this @Jat. Primitive was a very popular game mode with a good influx of new players, even though the majority of ark players seemingly didnt even know of its existance. Primitive was the most balanced game mode. It was not all about who can farm the most turrets/bullets and who has the most hp to just walk up to the base and blow it up. Structures and dinos and the skill to use them did matter, end game was not reserved for the real big tribes, because it was relatively close to early game, everything was just much much more balanced. And the primitive gameplay was the way many of your players want to play and see the game, tek just doesnt fit into Ark for us, apart from the fact that tek and explosives really change the balance of the game, and not to the better in my eyes. (to those who will now say that we had tek in form of the obs and implants from the very beginning, yes, but those are passive things, things to provide game mechanics like having an inventory without having to carry a stupid backpack around :D)

You would make many of your players happy by reopening some primitive servers :Jerblove:

Tek is all about metal and it's very easy to raid people with explosives. Primitive I actually built up and nobody ever duplicated as far as I know. It required true strategy and sieges required lots of time and effort. Primitive ark was probably one of the best concepts ever brought together, it's a shame the developers aren't aware of this. 

On 8/30/2017 at 9:28 AM, Ganks said:

The end of primitive is now here.  We get no new servers to play on.  I know everyone in our community was looking forward to the new servers.  We had a good amount of players on primitive as well.  A lot more than Primitive Plus.  That DLC Takes like 10 mins to load and is not very balanced at all.  Also it is always behind on content.  We all wish wildcard would give us a few new servers to play on as well.  The Chinese wiped pretty much everyone on all servers that was left on the list to move to.  My server was the only server that was to be wiped that they came for.  We defended and look forward to the save files coming out.  Here is some footage of the end days of Real Primitive.  The last real war to be fought there.

See all the people fighting and having fun in the video.  We fought for 5 days straight.  The last wave was a 17h straight siege where we munched there dinos until the servers came down.  With everyone celebrating our victory at the end by getting drunk in teamspeak.  Truly was the best times I have ever had in ARK.  Rip Primitive.  Old servers will die the chinese made sure no new population would be established. 

14 hours ago, Defillipo said:

Tek is all about metal and it's very easy to raid people with explosives. Primitive I actually built up and nobody ever duplicated as far as I know. It required true strategy and sieges required lots of time and effort. Primitive ark was probably one of the best concepts ever brought together, it's a shame the developers aren't aware of this. 

Let's get prim back guys

Primitive was to me the best game mode. I played on server 452 on Xbox which is now a legacy server but due to the circumstances you all have put the game in not only did legacy die off (as you all wanted) but cause thousands of people to give up on the game. We have a very strong community as shown in many groups used to trade in the United States . Not counting the many other Asian and French players. We have all joined together and want normal primitive back. 

53 minutes ago, ChickenBOB7052 said:

Primitive was to me the best game mode. I played on server 452 on Xbox which is now a legacy server but due to the circumstances you all have put the game in not only did legacy die off (as you all wanted) but cause thousands of people to give up on the game. We have a very strong community as shown in many groups used to trade in the United States . Not counting the many other Asian and French players. We have all joined together and want normal primitive back. 

Greetings from Centre server 762 ?

Why are the devs getting rid of primitive. I alone have over 300 hours easily on my server. Not to include the countless tames and structures! Primitive is the hardest and most rewarding game mode in Ark. On a modern server, you have tek and explosive that are just too over powered and make it impossible got someone to build up and become a substantial tribe. Ark Primitive will always be the best. 

Bring back primitive :( Trying out prim+ but there aren't even scorched earth servers for it.

Why did i even buy that dlc if i can't play on it anymore. Vanilla Ark is just spamming rockets and turrets, and then more rockets- Dinos can't do anything to metal bases so people only use the ones with platforms pretty much.

1400+ hours in ark and 1200 of that, minimum, in primitive. Prim+ takes forever to load and crashes a lot. Not to mention there are barely any servers for it. 50 people on a server at all times is too much, it makes the game very laggy. Wild Dino AI becomes so bad you can kill raptors with your first stone pick.

I have 3169 hours on ark, and all exclusively played on primitive. A testament to how good it was. In my opinion it was how the game was meant to be played and It focused on more on the bread and butter of what makes this game great and unique. There are quite a lot of redundant servers on official at the moment that are taking up space in my opinion. Bringing primitive which was one of the previous official server pillars back into the new official servers would make fans happy and also be worth it to keep the servers up and going because it would have a strong player base. Some of these new redundant servers are already low pop, Replace them with good old fashioned primitive.

I also agree primitive was the way the game was supposed to be originally then they got all caught up on advancing new items that they forgot what the true soul of the game was.  Now we have tek gear and I feel like I'm playing ARK destiny/halo edition.  I do enjoy prim + because there are no rockets and it does require more skill and strategy for raiding then just leveling up HP and stocking up on rockets to destroy a base.  In primitive you could get raided but it was difficult to completely destroy your base, so you could possibly rebuild and still have somewhat of your base and improve on it for next time.  As is in regular ARK you get raided your base is completely gone and instead of rebuilding you lose hope and interest and stop playing, plus if you try to rebuild it takes to long because you are starting a zero and the tribe that raided you just keeps coming back.  That's one way to make sure your players stop playing, by making it to difficult to rebuild and to easy to completely destroy a base.  

On 9/23/2017 at 8:31 AM, jjfats said:

I also agree primitive was the way the game was supposed to be originally then they got all caught up on advancing new items that they forgot what the true soul of the game was. 

^^ This comment is an exquisite example of why open early access is a bad idea. ^^

Folks...Primitive is not dead. It's dead on official servers. Primitive is not coming back to official servers. You have three options:

1) Find an unofficial Primitive
or
2) Get over it
or
3) Continue complaining about something that's probably never going to change while making up fairy tales about "the way the game was supposed to be originally"

Just keep it clear in your mind that option 3 is a pointless waste of time that won't change anything.

Upvote for Primitive.  Only ever played it on Extinction and it was the last cycle before PGArks took over extinction.  Have to say it was probably the most fun I've had in ARK and I've logged an unreasonable amount of hours.

It was completely borked tho as a game mode primarily because the devs neglected it so hard.  First, it was 100% impossible to do anything more than cause attackers delay when attacking you.  I mean vanilla bases only take time to crack too, but orders of magnitude more time.  1 quetz with 1 catapult could neutralize an entire bases defenses.  Plants needed to be tougher and do more damage to be viable.  The only good offline defense was to through layers upon layers upon layers of walls and hope your enemy runs out of boulders.

They also never added in the new saddles.  Ridiculous. 

Prim would work a lot better now that land drops can spawn upgraded crossbows, as the means to go underwater to get deep see drops via the diplocaulus was... underwhelming.

Regular primitive needed work, but not much work.  Prim Plus is an atrocity and should be deleted.  WC bought the mod based on Ced's slick talk about being able to fix all the issues and bugs and balancing.  Ced is worthless.  He's either the laziest get over I've ever come across or WC has him tasked on 500 different things.  I doubt he's that busy.

Archived