End of Primitive - Not Primitive Plus - Discussion

Ganks

The end of primitive is now here.  We get no new servers to play on.  I know everyone in our community was looking forward to the new servers.  We had a good amount of players on primitive as well.  A lot more than Primitive Plus.  That DLC Takes like 10 mins to load and is not very balanced at all.  Also it is always behind on content.  We all wish wildcard would give us a few new servers to play on as well.  The Chinese wiped pretty much everyone on all servers that was left on the list to move to.  My server was the only server that was to be wiped that they came for.  We defended and look forward to the save files coming out.  Here is some footage of the end days of Real Primitive.  The last real war to be fought there.

See all the people fighting and having fun in the video.  We fought for 5 days straight.  The last wave was a 17h straight siege where we munched there dinos until the servers came down.  With everyone celebrating our victory at the end by getting drunk in teamspeak.  Truly was the best times I have ever had in ARK.  Rip Primitive.  Old servers will die the chinese made sure no new population would be established. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda saw the writing on the walls though when they absolutely refused to say anything when asked about why thecenter wasnt available to old primitives A YEAR AGO, and why I laugh at people that really believe legacy as a whole will get new servers. Welcome to the #WildCancer neglect zone folks, where we are left to wither away in obscurity.

We want primitive servers back without cross-ark thingy, i dont really know why do u even bother making prim plus servers not much ppls wants to wait long time to load for a glitchy dlc like that. Real primitive that u guys made for the community at the start of the early access is our fav game mode, Been playin on primitive since i started ark, You cant feel the same on any other ark game mode, u friks needs to understand not everyone needs to like guns-explosives, we loved the way we played and we loved the way we do pvp and the most important part we are not only a few peoples who is angry about it!,  Removing primitives to make space for non-tek servers is just silly. Real prim that u guys made for the community was the best game mode for all of us and our allies from other servers, Hope u bring it alive and make it better. There is quite a bit ppl waiting for an answer peace out! p.p #makeprimitivegreatagain

Long live Primitive 

We on Xbox have gone from over 50 servers down to 15, absolutely no Scorched, only 4 centre and I don't see them being around for long

I'm done with official when Prim officially dies though, spent way too much time building up on there and have no issue to play Rocket wars again 

Long live primitive ark! Get some servers up going so we can play again. Think about the  fans that played the last two years who helped you get where you are today WC, and you just leave them behind as nothing? Notech and prim+ cant replace normal prim. We want to use our dinos, not play around with lasers. rip ark

I'm with all of you. We were doing small scale raids killing and destroying what we could but saw no point playing legacy and wanted to wait for the new servers.

The worse part is that they even added NoTek NoTame servers. In what world do you need to remove Tek from servers that I highly doubt will EVER get to use Tek let alone be able to maintain anything that requires Tek.

I would love for the primserver to get up again. We had so much fun! It was hard, you don't have high tek and machinguns, wich makes it easier for big tribes to just screw you over. In prim everyone got a chance adn you feel like its more like a real fight, with catapults and everything! ^^ For me, that made it more like a Survival game. Bring the Primservers back!

I have spent 2k h in P+ and got to say I was hoping to start on primitive again. P+ is not as buggy as it was and load times are promised to be addressed, but there is no balance in it, P+ is mod for RP made by a guy who likes making stuff for RP. 

I hope they revive primitive, that kind of gameplay is why I bought ARK in the first place.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:16 PM, Racidon said:

@Jat @Jen @lilpanda

Can you give us an update? Some of your server choices are complete jokes tbh... I know I won't be buying the season pass until I know we've got prim

Honestly there's only so much griefing I can do on vanilla before I get bored, it's too easy...

@Jat @Jen @lilpanda

I understand you had PAX and all that, but can you respond with reasoning behind adding so many non-tek servers, why you would add non-tek PVE and why there's Non-Tek No-Tame servers? But you choose Prim+ (buggy, less popular) over Primitive

• Administrator

Currently, there are no plans to reintroduce Primitive servers onto Official, with Primitive+ being the primarily supported lower-tech mode.  As for why there is a PvE mode of Non-TEK servers, that would be because we try to keep a rule of thumb where we're providing a PvE alternative for our token clusters, however in hindsight, perhaps we'd do something different, with the balance of TEK items not being such a concern for PvE players. 

Archived