Season pass Price Problem

Touhma

For now on steam the price of :
the game -> 60€
scorched -> 20€
Season pass -> 40€ ( including scorched ) 

I already own the game + scorched ( buyed day 1 for both ) then if I want to have the season pass I need to pay 40€ ... ( even if there is a launche discount right now it's 27€ )

It's for 3 extensions ( scorched + 2 more ) if the price are 20€ for both it should save us 20€ to buy the season pass. 

The correct price for me isn't "20€" for the season pass ? like an upgrade pack ?  because if I buy the pass right now it's like i paid 20€ + 40€ = 60€ ( + 27€ with the 33% discount so 47€ for me ... Oo ) 

That's not fair ! 

You bought the game in early release for a cheaper price? So now you want the season pass to be cheaper, because otherwise you are paying full price for the two expansions that are yet to be released?  

I dont see the logic, you already saved money. The new price is as you calculated, because it is based on new buyers. I personally bought the main game + scorched earth for €17,- in total. If both expansions are going to be €20 and I want them both, I will have paid €57 instead of the €100 new players will have to pay. In my opinion that is nothing to complain about

1 hour ago, X111 said:

i paid £20 for both i think, £20 or 15€ for the next 2 DLC's I'm happy with that, still paid less than new players...until someone at WC cottons onto this fact, has a think about it, and then increases the DLC to £40 each...which is more than likely

I bet that the price for each DLC will be 20€ each -> then a season pass for 40€ is fair. but right now if you have scorched but not the season pass you will need to buy the pass ( wich include scorched too ) for 40€ after the launch discount... That's a problem.

They should put an uprade to the season pass for scorched earth's owner 

59 minutes ago, Touhma said:

I bet that the price for each DLC will be 20€ each -> then a season pass for 40€ is fair. but right now if you have scorched but not the season pass you will need to buy the pass for 40€ after the launch discount... That's a problem

That's probably why the discount exists. So that everyone who already owns Scorched Earth can get the Season Pass without paying extra.

2 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

That's probably why the discount exists. So that everyone who already owns Scorched Earth can get the Season Pass without paying extra.

even with that discount : 

I paid 20€ for scorched when released. the current price of the pass is 27€ with the discount. If I did not owned the DLC i would had to pay 40€for Scorched + pass.

If I buy the pass right now it will be 20€ +27€ = 47 € for the same thing. Don't see where is the problem ?

I'll pay more than other people for the same thing because I already owned it ? Oo

1 minute ago, CyanicEmber said:

The problem Cyanic is that people think that this discount is realted to the game launch not because they own Scorched Earth.

So people are thinking that if they own SE they have to pay 40 €. What I don't know is how they came to that conclussion, i mean have they opened steam go to the ark section and see the price, "READ" what puts in the description of the Item that are buying.

I don't know really, feeling faith in humanity.

4 minutes ago, Touhma said:

A new player that want to buy scorched earth right now who don't want to buy the season pass but want scorched now for reason will pay 20€ for scorched+ 40€ for the season pass. THAT is a problem.

They do want scorched earth but not the season pass, so they will buy scorched earth and the season pass? Still not logical. If they only want scorched earth they will pay €20. If they later on also want the season pass then that is their choice, they already knew that that  included scorched earth and the price is based on that. 

So no it is not a problem, it is a choice.

6 minutes ago, Touhma said:

even with that discount : 

I paid 20€ for scorched when released. the current price of the pass is 27€ with the discount. If I did not owned the DLC i would had to pay 40€for Scorched + pass.

If I buy the pass right now it will be 20€ +27€ = 47 € for the same thing. Don't see where is the problem ?

I'll pay more than other people for the same thing because I already owned it ? Oo

I understand what you are saying now. Thanks for pointing it out.

But the problem is that you are mixing apples with pears a little (don't be mad at me i will try to explain myself)

you are mixing the price of SE individual (20 €) to the price of SE in the Season pass (40 / 3 = 13,33) so that's the real problem.

You should take the price of the DLC individual if you want to compare them.

Regards.

Edit1: I mean the difference is really 7 €. I fell a little like you but it was my fault for not waiting myself before they announce a season pass or something, so this was my fault. It's my opinion, don't get the pitchforks in high please.

19 hours ago, VIKAS said:

Edit1: I mean the difference is really 7 €. I fell a little like you but it was my fault for not waiting myself before they announce a season pass or something, so this was my fault. It's my opinion, don't get the pitchforks in high please.

I'm just asking for someone from the dev team to react about this. It's not your fault, it's not mine. I just feel like the are trying to milk us for that content ... 
I purchased scorched because it was fun then they punish me with a little more money to had believed in them ? They didn't announced a season pass when scorched released ! 

PS jen answer on steam here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1473095965286896001/

2 hours ago, Touhma said:

I'm just asking for someone from the dev team to react about this. It's not your fault, it's not mine. I just feel like the are trying to milk us for that content ... 
I purchased scorched because it was fun then they punish me with a little more money to had believed in them ? They didn't announced a season pass when scorched released ! 

PS jen answer on steam here : http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1473095965286896001/

Thanks to pointing it out.

I will copy that here in order to no navigate throut 48 pages of discussion :)

Cyanic-Ember  tiene ARK: Survival Evolved Hace 53 minutos 
Publicado originalmente por Jen:
If you already own Scorched Earth in your Steam account you'll get the Seasons Pass for $30 instead of $45 in the checkout process.

Jen, it looks like everyone is getting that discount whether they own it or not. Can you confirm?

PS. Cyanic you are in all places XD.

So regarding this, it seems that the discount 33% off is affecting all the Steam users? not only the ones that own Scorched Earth in before?.

If that is true I undesrtand the fury, but one thing, have you thinked that maybe and only maybe in this particular case the fault is on Steam sides (they are the ones that update the prices and control what to show and who to show. 

Regards.

I'd like to voice my concern as well.

I purchased the Scorched Earth at full price a few weeks ago because I think, 'hey they'll release the game soon, they maybe need a few extra bucks, and if I get to run around in a desert as a result then everybody wins". And then they go and pull this Dino Poop.

I can't speak for anyone that bought the DLC at launch, the people that actually tested it out for them, but this feels like a knife in the back. Heck Klei Entertainment, when they released Don't Starve Together offered deal to buy Two copies of both Don't Starve and Together, and the price was reduced if you already owned either game.

This feels very underhanded. I didn't know about the season pass when I bought the DLC and that's the real issue, you can't have a season pass after a DLC has been released and then not offer a price reduction if you already owns a piece. Had I waited with buying the SE I would have saved money and gotten access to all other DLC's. It would have been like I only spent 10 bucks on future DLC and 20 bucks on SE which I was going to anyway.

It Feels my good will has been wasted.

2 hours ago, VIKAS said:

So regarding this, it seems that the discount 33% off is affecting all the Steam users? not only the ones that own Scorched Earth in before?.

If that is true I undesrtand the fury, but one thing, have you thinked that maybe and only maybe in this particular case the fault is on Steam sides (they are the ones that update the prices and control what to show and who to show. 

Regards.

Yep everyone had the discount this morning, it had changed right now and only scorched buyers have the discount right now. But there is still the price problem ... I wont pay 27€ for something a new buyer can buy for 40€.

I did not purchased the DLC last year to pay more than a new user .... Even if it's 7€ ... 

43 minutes ago, TheMetalMan said:

I'd like to voice my concern as well.

I purchased the Scorched Earth at full price a few weeks ago because I think, 'hey they'll release the game soon, they maybe need a few extra bucks, and if I get to run around in a desert as a result then everybody wins". And then they go and pull this Dino Poop.

I can't speak for anyone that bought the DLC at launch, the people that actually tested it out for them, but this feels like a knife in the back. Heck Klei Entertainment, when they released Don't Starve Together offered deal to buy Two copies of both Don't Starve and Together, and the price was reduced if you already owned either game.

This feels very underhanded. I didn't know about the season pass when I bought the DLC and that's the real issue, you can't have a season pass after a DLC has been released and then not offer a price reduction if you already owns a piece. Had I waited with buying the SE I would have saved money and gotten access to all other DLC's. It would have been like I only spent 10 bucks on future DLC and 20 bucks on SE which I was going to anyway.

It Feels my good will has been wasted.

You are Right on that point i have the same opinion. If I could refund the DLC Then buy the season pass i'll do it because it's cheaper for me .... 

Hold on man it appears I've been misinformed.

There IS a price reduction if you already own Scorched Earth, the 33% sale has been removed for anyone that doesn't own it.

I've checked with friends and myself and it appears that if you don't have the DLC you have to pay full price.

So I guess they didn't cheat us after all.

Archived