ETA on more servers?

Davigzy

3 minutes ago, BarbSlim said:

The map is huge....beyond huge, and yet Wildcard thought that 42 Ragnarok PVP servers with a 70 player cap would be enough. Do the math. That is less than 3000 players covering both NA and EU regions. Wildcard you need to remove your heads from your fourth point of contact. ADD MORE SERVERS!

No, they didn't think that was going to be enough. They're in the process of adding more. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

each time new stuff is released, the server populations spike and there's this absolute need for more servers...a month or two later there's hardly a consistent 30 people on each server...and then people are upset when they start re-purposing the really low pop servers

there's no winning with the instant gratification crowd

I'm just super glad there's finally a join queue

15 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Glad you said it. If you didn't nobody would ever know. Hopefully Wildcard hears this breaking news and starts working on getting more servers up.

Oh wait...that's already happening. It's a good thing you started a new thread about this though. I'm sure it will be very constructive.

Well let me tell you, I do have a WC CS on my steam friends. He said more servers were coming, but didnt know for what or which location.

So as commented above, if you have something concrete to link to thats current and will explain where all these servers are they promised, you can keep your fan-boy attitude and membership

10 minutes ago, perk8504 said:

each time new stuff is released, the server populations spike and there's this absolute need for more servers...a month or two later there's hardly a consistent 30 people on each server...and then people are upset when they start re-purposing the really low pop servers

there's no winning with the instant gratification crowd

I'm just super glad there's finally a join queue

but you clearly are talking about consoles.

WE are talking about pc.

There are currently 11, thats right 11 EU servers period. You have how many for the console? You think your playbase is greater than the current PC player base?

11 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

but you clearly are talking about consoles.

WE are talking about pc.

There are currently 11, thats right 11 EU servers period. You have how many for the console? You think your playbase is greater than the current PC player base?

I obviously don't believe xbox player base to be greater than PC

but, I do know that if I was having a hard time finding an open server, I haven't bothered limiting myself to US based servers, and have had no problem going to an EU server

what I also know is that it's also a lot more feasible for PC players to host their own servers, and thus, their official player base gets diluted more than xbox (to date, obviously)

Wildcard just needs a CLEAR message of their top priority at the moment. Which is *ahem* MORE SERVERS ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS. It's been 3 days and i still cant even picture the idea of a reliable server to join. Delay after delay and this is what we get for two+ years? Maybe if Jeremy Stieglitz hadn't lost $40 million in a lawsuit where he stole employees from Trendy, WC would be in a better position to release a finished product...

59 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

Well let me tell you, I do have a WC CS on my steam friends. He said more servers were coming, but didnt know for what or which location.

So as commented above, if you have something concrete to link to thats current and will explain where all these servers are they promised, you can keep your fan-boy attitude and membership

So you have a WC CS on your Steam friends list telling you that more servers are coming, and now you're asking me where the servers are? Well...they're coming. Apparently you have someone who's part of Wildcard CS telling you that the servers are coming. You say you have a hard line right into Wildcard, so don't get all pissy with me and demand "more concrete info."  A dude said more servers are needed...I told him that's it is common knowledge that more servers are coming...don't have a conniption fit at me.

1 hour ago, BarbSlim said:

Add a link to that discussion. It would prove helpful. Wildcards information dissemination is atrocious 

I can understand that maybe you don't hang on the developers' every word, but if you don't know what's going on, maybe ask what's going on before you start screaming at the devs to "ADD MORE SERVERS!" How about trying, "Hey, I haven't been keeping up to date with the status of servers. Are they adding more? If so, when?" 

More servers are coming. Devs stated that the automated process of adding servers to meet demand is not working as intended, and they are now manually adding new servers. Now you know. 

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I can understand that maybe you don't hang on the developers' every word, but if you don't know what's going on, maybe ask what's going on before you start screaming at the devs to "ADD MORE SERVERS!" How about trying, "Hey, I haven't been keeping up to date with the status of servers. Are they adding more? If so, when?" 

More servers are coming. Devs stated that the automated process of adding servers to meet demand is not working as intended, and they are now manually adding new servers. Now you know. 

There is clearly no point trying to have a conversation with you and you will see my original message was not even at you.

It was moved here by the forum mods.

The post was a polite request for information (namely a timeframe in any regard to servers)

You are right to say  "they are coming"

They have been saying that since release, yet we are still looking at 11 eu servers despite promises of "coming today"

So unless you work for WC/Snail or have some other vested interest, please keep out of my request to WC.

It just proves your complete Fan-boy attitude or troll.

I posted here, then I have left messages on EVERY platform they are active on.

10 hours ago, ILLDreams said:

I'm on Xbox. They have 56 rag servers.. they where all full, at 70 players. This I'd for NA and EU players. That's only 3920 players that can play at a time. I haven't been able to get on any servers sense the launch.

Same here man kinda stupid how the devs just dont add 200+ servers all at once 

I realize you guys are trying hard to get everything intact but this is by far a really bad launch. I understand everyone has to start over because it's a full game now and that's fine but we need more servers. Not just 20 more servers we need a lot. I can't play a single official server it doesn't matter if it's rag, center, or island. I got a 20+ man tribe and we can't even play the servers are full. If this is the case we don't need legacy servers especially if they are not supported they are pointless now. Please put up a proper amount of servers. If you had several hundred servers up and they were all full id understand but this is ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

please keep out of my request to WC.

Legit advice here: If you don't want people to discuss your request to Wildcard, don't post your reqeust in a discussion forum. Posting it in a discussion forum gives people the impression that the topic is up for discussion. You can email Wildcard the same request and no one from the peanut gallery will try discuss it, but if you post it in an open forum and expect that only the choir will respond you're going to have a bad time. 

That said, I'll refrain from discussing your posts from now on. 

This is intolerable. I thought Bethesda's Elderscrolls Online was the very worst customer and game support there was in existence, but Wild Card is a contender, perhaps the new champion. If you supported Wild Card by buying the game in early access and helped them improve the game by playing it, your reward is having the servers you frequented and all of your accomplishments relegated to the purgatory of the Legacy Cluster. Your characters, your dinos, and all of your stuff...trapped and abandoned. You are left with few choices. You can remain on the Legacy Cluster of servers, which has experienced a grand exodus, and soldier on in isolation in what I assume will become a griefer's paradise, and absent all game support, or you can throw away everything you worked for, like some degenerate gambler, and start all over again on the new servers that actually have support and the ability to transfer. Only, you can't because every new server for every map is totally full. The totality of the failure is awe inducing. 

54 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Not good enough. 

Whether you think it's good enough or not does not change the reality. The ship has sailed and there aren't enough servers right now. They're working to get more up. I think we all share a certain amount of frustration, but if nonstop complaining solved development problems, this game would have been released a year ago and would get 80fps at 4k on a Gameboy Pocket.

A reasonable complaint about the release and delays is one thing, but this point it's turning into a Player Hater's Ball, where whoever says the meanest things about the devs without getting banned wins...and the people who do get banned are martyred. 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Whether you think it's good enough or not does not change the reality. The ship has sailed and there aren't enough servers right now. They're working to get more up. I think we all share a certain amount of frustration, but if nonstop complaining solved development problems, this game would have been released a year ago and would get 80fps at 4k on a Gameboy Pocket.

A reasonable complaint about the release and delays is one thing, but this point it's turning into a Player Hater's Ball, where whoever says the meanest things about the devs without getting banned wins...and the people who do get banned are martyred. 

Anything and everything the devs get they fully have earned. 

Please stop white knighting them. 

4 hours ago, clumsynynja said:

Anything and everything the devs get they fully have earned. 

Please stop white knighting them. 

If that's what you need to tell yourself to rationalize dismissing a logical explanation for why I'm not freaking out like chicken little, then there's no reasonable point in talking to you. I'm making nearly an identical criticism of the problem, the only difference is that I'm reacting to the problem like an adult. 

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If that's what you need to tell yourself to rationalize dismissing a logical explanation for why I'm not freaking out like chicken little, then there's no reasonable point in talking to you. I'm making nearly an identical criticism of the problem, the only difference is that I'm reacting to the problem like an adult. 

But as an adult you can the very last hope to be treatet as such. If I was in charge and it was brought to my attention, that we don't even have a single server for some maps for certain clusters (EU-PVE only 2 out of 4 maps available, not even payed DLC!) you would have an apology within an hour combined with a promise to look into further details, and an update 1-2 hours later of how and when we are going to fix that. Because that is what a reliable grown up working in this posiotion is supposed to do. Instead WC doesn't even admitt there is a problem.

Critisism may be harsh, but WC's reaction is anything but professional so far.

Archived